finspreads charts not updating past 14:30

cshieldsx

Hi all,

Just wondering, Im just getting into spread betting at the moment, and as a student with low income, student loands, no mortgage etc - not many SB companies will actually approve me for an account. So it looks like I'm stuck with finspreads.

My main problem is that the charts dont seem to update past 14:30 until the next day. I can still trade after 14:30, but the charts just stop updating themselves.

The other question I have is are the charts meant to update in realtime ? If not for finspreads then do any SB services feature realtime charts ? I dont see how anyone carry out very short-term trades (matter of minutes between opening and closing the trade) if the charts aren't in realtime ?

Please post all thoughts on the matter
Thanks
p.s if these are dumb questions then I apologise but Im totally new to this !

Hi cshieldx

I have a fins account, apart from the fact that their charts are really basic and not up to the mark compared to CMC or IG, to quote two examples. They should update just fine in real time, Im not usually around at 14:30, Im asleep:cheesy: ...no, not lazy, nightworker...anyway even if the charts go down at this time they should come back ok at some point, I have never really experienced much in the way of downtime with them in the past prior to this time or after, although I haven't been on recently so cannot comment on recent gamesmanship on their part regarding US market open.

At the time of writing this, charts on fins are up to date and live. I have no idea as to your probs apart from ensuring that your java installation is clean, ok and up to date, your not trying to be a smarty pants are you and use multiple charts for the same instrument from them, as this is a sure way for the chart to stall.

Good luck

Lightning

ps recently filled in a survey from them, with questions platform and chart related, looks like a charting update may be in the wings at some point...about time as their charts are from the ark.

I use Finspreads as my main platform at the mo. Personally I do not use the charts. I have always had problems with them lagging, not updating, and generally not doing anything.

The tools aren't all that either.

Like Lightning I recently filed in the survey. If they listen to their punters, I think they will be looking at improving the charts over time.

Paul.

Hi all,

Just wondering, Im just getting into spread betting at the moment, and as a student with low income, student loands, no mortgage etc - not many SB companies will actually approve me for an account. So it looks like I'm stuck with finspreads.

My main problem is that the charts dont seem to update past 14:30 until the next day. I can still trade after 14:30, but the charts just stop updating themselves.

The other question I have is are the charts meant to update in realtime ? If not for finspreads then do any SB services feature realtime charts ? I dont see how anyone carry out very short-term trades (matter of minutes between opening and closing the trade) if the charts aren't in realtime ?

Please post all thoughts on the matter
Thanks
p.s if these are dumb questions then I apologise but Im totally new to this !

I know that they did not update yesterday but I've just looked at todays's and its OK.

Split