realtime charting

gemini22

Hi everyone,
Im a relative newbie to the spreadbetting game, and i have been trying out the realtime charting facility on the 14 day free trial with D4F. Am i missing something here or can i really have access to realtime charting for nowt by just opening an account with them.

If so why bother with monthly subs and exchange fees with the other well known software providers. Ive opened an account with Capital Spreads and i like the simplicity of there site for trading.

Would there be a problem with opening an account with D4F with the min £1000 and using there pro realtime charting facility, but not using there site for placing actual trades.

Ive done a few successful daytrades with Capital spreads, and used the charts from D4F.

I just see this as away of keeping the costs down. Or will i eventually be rumbled by D4F for not actually placing trades with them.

Hi, I have a d4f/cmc account and another account with someone else. Sometimes I don't trade with cmc for a month or so but I run the platform and use charts. It costs me nothing, you just need the balance in the account and they have never said anything to me.

jackjones said:
Hi, I have a d4f/cmc account and another account with someone else. Sometimes I don't trade with cmc for a month or so but I run the platform and use charts. It costs me nothing, you just need the balance in the account and they have never said anything to me.

My account with them sometime had just £10 for nearly 3 years and still I could run the software without problem

Gemini:
I agree with the replies so far.

However bear in mind that the prices on the chart are D4F's quotes (you can specify if you want bid or ask). You might notice a slight variation with 'real' prices or the prices being offered by another firm, but not much. The 'daily index' price quotes for example will fluctuate with the underlying futures price, not the actual index.

Thanks for your input, v01101999 & Peto

I take note Peto that there will be a slight variation in price.

what is a good quality real time charting software for FTSE100 as well as DJIA? I need some flixibility in parameters input such as changing number of periods for MACD and RSI? thanks..