Grey1 Swing Trades

Grey1

I will be posting all my swing trades for those of you who are interested in this type of trading The trades is expected to last not more than a month .

I just LONGED MAIR

D id any of youy get into RESP and RPM when i posted the trades in the other thread ? ( I know one person did )
***** YOU SHOULD HAVE **********

Next trades will be

long TIER and LNX when they retrace......

Attachments

• mair.jpg
    mair.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 57
I opend a very short term trade with sunw to day as seen ..

Attachments

• sunw.jpg
    sunw.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 57
Hi Grey1, thanks for these.

Could you give any input on your analysis for these. I assume top down - your overall market analysis says the market is rising.

When trying swing trades I try to include sector analysis in the mix as there is more time to think it all through.

At the stock level is it similar cycle analysis/ oscillator based but on longer timeframes, other TA analysis or more fundamental analysis.

Quite understand if you want to keep it to yourself but any insight would be appreciated.

Regards

Gareth

garethb said:
Hi Grey1, thanks for these.

Could you give any input on your analysis for these. I assume top down - your overall market analysis says the market is rising.

When trying swing trades I try to include sector analysis in the mix as there is more time to think it all through.

At the stock level is it similar cycle analysis/ oscillator based but on longer timeframes, other TA analysis or more fundamental analysis.

Quite understand if you want to keep it to yourself but any insight would be appreciated.

Regards

Gareth
hI GARETH ,

None of my swing trades are based on technical only as they form 85% of myt rading portfolio ..

I use CAPM ( fundamental analysis ) to choose most of my swing trades as well as technical and other info I receive from the bank where I used to work for as a trader.

That is all I can say at this stage.

I have been in and out of FRG ( as an speculative trade ) last past 4 weeks with $25000 profit up until now . This is today's return on FRG I had 14000 long which i closed and re opened again when i realised the stock was going places . lol

grey1

ps:- please remember the attached screen shot includes purley speculative stocks based on future Uranium demand . FRG is much better comapny trading both @ AMEX and Canadian market.

Attachments

• FRG.jpg
    FRG.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 78
SHORT HYLS @ 30.60 These trades are all based on funadamentals and not much technicals and could last up to 3-4 month .

Hi Grey1

Many thanks for posting the swings. It is an honour to be able to view these sir.

Again, much appreciated.

Grey1 said:
SHORT HYLS @ 30.60 These trades are all based on funadamentals and not much technicals and could last up to 3-4 month .
Hi Grey1,

I assume you meant HLYS (Heelys Inc). At this moment 15:23 ET-NY, this stock is at 29.74. WTG Grey1.

NasTrader

Nastrader said:
Hi Grey1,

I assume you meant HLYS (Heelys Inc). At this moment 15:23 ET-NY, this stock is at 29.74. WTG Grey1.

NasTrader

sorry yes i meant HLYS

Grey1

[
covered HLYS @ 27.70 Target was met much sooner than expected

I just shorted TECUA @ 10.07

Grey1 said:
[
covered HLYS @ 27.70 Target was met much sooner than expected

I just shorted TECUA @ 10.07

IB is not allowing me to short this stock -the caption says " not available for Short"

Hi Grey1

Hope you and yours are well.

If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of a good broker suitable for swing trades in US stocks (I use IB for daytrading)?

Thanks

Steve

IB is not allowing me to short this stock -the caption says " not available for Short"

Maybe this is because Grey1 shorted so much of the entire available stock that no more was allowed to be shorted :) Every broker has a limit on the amount of any stock that they can allow to be shorted.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Maybe this is because Grey1 shorted so much of the entire available stock that no more was allowed to be shorted :) Every broker has a limit on the amount of any stock that they can allow to be shorted.

Paul

some stocks like LEND, RIMM, and many many more cannot be shorted through IB ..Saying that i have shorted RIMM few times last past few days , even in a much larger size that I thought IB would let me ..

The above short was through Ameritrade,,, No problems ..

If you trade a large size IB will automatically allocate you shorting facilities not available to others.

Grey1

Attachments

• short sale.jpg
    short sale.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 30
evostik said:
Hi Grey1

Hope you and yours are well.

If you don't mind, could you point me in the direction of a good broker suitable for swing trades in US stocks (I use IB for daytrading)?

Thanks

Steve

I use Ameritrade for not a particular reason ,, just that I have been with them for yearsssssssssssssss

grey1

Few days ago i posted some thing on the main BB about Uranium stocks. Just in case some of you missed the thread this is the link

The portfolio is already up by 10% considering that the the investment was done only few days back . I am expecting at least 100% on the portfolio in 12 month ( perhaps more ) .,. This is not a tip or advise but just a hint to some of you who live off of the market and like to have a small sum invested in a very Bullish trend hapenning under ur nose ,

Other buddies that I know have also invested in the Uranium and already laughing all the way to the bank ...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=322751&highlight=uranium+stocks#post322751

if i was you I would do a small research in some of the Uranium stocks and would diversify my investment in 4 -10 stocks.. ,, remember this is an speculative investment and you must keep them for at least a year..

Grey1

rajibde said:
Keep trying .. stocks with low volume are difficult to short unless they spike up .. if you had no luck ask IB to do it for you ..

We were trading ANSW few weeks back and my fellow trader managed to short 3400 ANSW after which for the rest of the day there was no stock for me to short it .

Grey1

Grey1 said:
Keep trying .. stocks with low volume are difficult to short unless they spike up .. if you had no luck ask IB to do it for you ..

We were trading ANSW few weeks back and my fellow trader managed to short 3400 ANSW after which for the rest of the day there was no stock for me to short it .

Grey1

Thanks Paul and Iraj for the info on Shorts.

Iraj- your Uranium stocks seem to have rockets fitted at the bottom-thanks a lot for the pointers.
Iraj whenever you get some time-It will be interesting to know as to what attracts your attention towards any particular sector in the market (only from swing/LT point of view).

Many thanks

Raj

rajibde said:
Thanks Paul and Iraj for the info on Shorts.

Iraj- your Uranium stocks seem to have rockets fitted at the bottom-thanks a lot for the pointers.
Iraj whenever you get some time-It will be interesting to know as to what attracts your attention towards any particular sector in the market (only from swing/LT point of view).

Many thanks

Raj

Raj ,

Yes Raj

UUU up 2%
UPC up 7%
PNP up 11 %
ODN up 2%
MGA up 26%
JNN up 8%
CHX up 11 %
BAY up 5.56 %

couple of scratches as seen . I rotated my portfolio to higer cap stocks in the same sector,,
What brought my attention to uranium ?.A trading colleague of mine did and i did a research on it in early January and traded some stocks such as FRG and URRE..

Uranium stocks will rocket up and in about 6 month time there wont be any penny stocks left ,,
There is no sector as bullish as uranium in the market and I believe one can become a millionaire investing few $$$ as a long term investment ,,,

I strongly strongly advise to look into some of less riskier stocks in the sector ..

Grey1

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 43
Grey1 said:
Raj ,

Yes Raj

UUU up 2%
UPC up 7%
PNP up 11 %
ODN up 2%
MGA up 26%
JNN up 8%
CHX up 11 %
BAY up 5.56 %

couple of scratches as seen . I rotated my portfolio to higer cap stocks in the same sector,,
What brought my attention to uranium ?.A trading colleague of mine did and i did a research on it in early January and traded some stocks such as FRG and URRE..

Uranium stocks will rocket up and in about 6 month time there wont be any penny stocks left ,,
There is no sector as bullish as uranium in the market and I believe one can become a millionaire investing few $$$ as a long term investment ,,,

I strongly strongly advise to look into some of less riskier stocks in the sector ..

Grey1

Thanks Iraj- Uranium looks quite tempting;

Cheers!

Raj