"GREAT" Britain

Hopefully a share of $1 Trillion Afghan reserves may help UK. the West is an "expert" in "stealing" reserves from the poor countries

Take every ounce of it, their leaders are only going to steal it and buy super yachts, private jets and houses in London with it anyhow.

The "Great" has gone away from this country. The f**** politicians have ruined it.
We need PEOPLE power, to get it back on track.

What are your views?

How can it be FIXED?

Bill Hicks, revelations, 1993
Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do as we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!

Same can be said about GB.

I've wrestled intellectually with this problem for approx. 4 years now...IMHO there is no solution using standard fiscal and monetary policy with basic Keynesian or Austrian school policy; it's way past 'healing' using either..

We're fooked...:) So just keep taking units out of the markets, pay as little tax as possible, realise there's fook all you and me can do about it and have a blast knowing that our kids will hopefully see it all for the sham it is...

Much as i would like to disagree, following our previous exchanges, i totally agree, thats a post of intelligence.:LOL:

I DONT mind to:- pay higher tax
I DONT mind to:- pay higher VAT
I DONT mind to:- have child benefit abolished, even though i have kids
I DONT mind to:- to pay higher CGT

But why is it that the media do not come to interview me?????????????????????????????
they go around interviewing people who are "worried" of cuts, yet they can easily afford £100 per month on boozing and smoking! _ yes they are all on focking benefits

[

they go around interviewing people who are "worried" of cuts, yet they can easily afford £100 per month on boozing and smoking! _

Surely a mistype- 100 quid a month- surely you mean a day.:mad:
The only thing i disagree with, is the CGT. I"ve got some properties, that i've worked damn hard to accumulate. In fact, nearly killed myself for. 43 with several heart attacks, and for what? The govt to take a huge proporton of the profit if i sell them?
As it happens the budget was more accomodating than i was expecting, but this topic really riles me. Why should the govt benefit from my endeavours, they sure as hell weren't there to work like a dog, or share the stress.
And while i'm on my soapbox, what happened to the IHT raise to 1 million. This would have taken a huge proportion of the population, out of this dated, antiquated tax. People now approaching their final years, find they can't even give their chiildren the fruit of their lifelong labours!
What a fookiing mess. (n)

Great thread so far which has gotten me thinking that the value of work is diminishing for most working people. I do wonder what the outcomes will be to the ever encroaching taxes and social cuts since WW2. The obvious ones include higher retirement ages, increased immigration, reduced pensions and a deteriorating education and health system. The most sensible suggestion in this thread has been to s&d off somewhere warm with a sensible tax regime.

[

they go around interviewing people who are "worried" of cuts, yet they can easily afford £100 per month on boozing and smoking! _

Surely a mistype- 100 quid a month- surely you mean a day.:mad:
The only thing i disagree with, is the CGT. I"ve got some properties, that i've worked damn hard to accumulate. In fact, nearly killed myself for. 43 with several heart attacks, and for what? The govt to take a huge proporton of the profit if i sell them?
As it happens the budget was more accomodating than i was expecting, but this topic really riles me. Why should the govt benefit from my endeavours, they sure as hell weren't there to work like a dog, or share the stress.
And while i'm on my soapbox, what happened to the IHT raise to 1 million. This would have taken a huge proportion of the population, out of this dated, antiquated tax. People now approaching their final years, find they can't even give their chiildren the fruit of their lifelong labours!
What a fookiing mess. (n)

Mate suggest sale your ENTIRE portfolio now, and you can buy TWICE the number of properties for the same money in 2012

I repeat the question why Germany - France - Italy or Spain do not have these problems that US and UK does for some profound reason???

simple si baat hai yaar! LOL

USA needs to have dollar supremacy so that it can continue to buy the goods for free, the only way they can do this is by fear > use of military. Yes it costs Billions, but who the fock has paid for it??? Not americans, cos they just print the money

Britain join them cos, they need the american support to susatin the economy, if US support stops then britain becomes a third world country

Britain join them cos, they need the american support to susatin the economy, if US support stops then britain becomes a third world country

Why and how ?

Paul

simple si baat hai yaar! LOL

USA needs to have dollar supremacy so that it can continue to buy the goods for free, the only way they can do this is by fear > use of military. Yes it costs Billions, but who the fock has paid for it??? Not americans, cos they just print the money

That used to be the case until relatively recently. Everyone bought dollars in times of crisis. Now, I'm not so sure. So much has happened to world economies this century that, now, holding $ long term is not necessarily a good idea.

That used to be the case until relatively recently. Everyone bought dollars in times of crisis. Now, I'm not so sure. So much has happened to world economies this century that, now, holding $ long term is not necessarily a good idea.

Spitlink...... seems you do not understand the mechanics of Dollar.
did Sadaam have weapons that could cause destruction of USA? YES, by refusing to accept the dollar for oil.
Had he suceeded, then that would have been demise of Dollar, and rise of EURO

can you explain why the dollar is rising despite, the USA beint in a bigger sh**t hole then euroland

now, holding $ long term is not necessarily a good idea.

That stuffs the Chinese and Oil nations then.

can you explain why the dollar is rising despite, the USA beint in a bigger sh**t hole then euroland

The main reason why it is rising against the Euro is quite simply that Germany has made it quite clear that it will not bail out any other nation in the way that Greece was and will leave the Euro rather than do this. As everyone thinks that Portugal, Spain and Italy have similar problems then confidence that the Euro will still be here is not high.

Paul

did Sadaam have weapons that could cause destruction of USA? YES, by refusing to accept the dollar for oil.

What happened to you dude? Woke up one morning and smelt the coffee??? (y)
For once I do agree with re: the $ standard and Sadam rejecting dollars for oil. In fact as the Euro rose Iraq treasury made bumper gains at the time.

However as for the UK being dependant on US you are very much off-side. Two thirds of UK trade is with Europe. Much less with US than what it used to be.

That one example of US tourists is drop in the ocean. Try another...

I would go far as to say US needs UK for its European, strategic and diplomatic influence. We could well do with not tying our flag to those red kneck cowboys imho.

Last edited:

Please do not compare $ strength with the Euro! :D

The $ is at the mercy of the Asians, particularly China, which is holding trillions of $ debt.

I've heard that the Chinese do not want to sell $s because it would weaken, but they do control the economy of the US and Europe, whether we like it or not. If the $ is strong, it is because the Asians want it so. When the Chinese want a stronger Yuan they can allow their money to float and sell $ bonds at a contolled rate. They will do that when it suits them and not before. In the meantime, if the $ is strong, then it is because the Asian countries want it so, in their own interests. not the Americans.

Please do not compare $ strength with the Euro! :D

The $ is at the mercy of the Asians, particularly China, which is holding trillions of $ debt.

Yes indeed agree with you, but the reason the chinese are holding the $ is cos, you can only buy oil with $. The day oil vendors are able to sell oil in another currency then $ is focked up and chinese will have no choice but to dump it.

Now just go back in History, anyone who challenged selling oil in another currency apart from $, has paid a heavy price.

> saddam got killed, in fact sadaam was totally against the extremist mullahs and taliban.
> iran wanted to set up oil exchange and create a separate currency! remember? yanks and israel had plans to bomb it. now Iran is the axis of evil.
> Venezuela tried to sell oil in euro > now it barters it. Result, he is the axis of evil

hope this clarifies, why chinese hold dollars.

tell you the day the chinese say they want to dump it, do you know whats gonna happen????

yanks will support independence of tibet
Yanks will support Taiwan

mate China has no choice.

Out of interest why do you guys think that China occupied Tibet?

Do you think it is to create a buffer zone for china in case of an attack, for commercial interests or something else?

Out of interest why do you guys think that China occupied Tibet?

Do you think it is to create a buffer zone for china in case of an attack, for commercial interests or something else?

I think Tibet is effectively China's water supply.

Common approach seems to be install puppet regime build a power damn and export electricity whilst beat China into submission by controlling a critical resource; water is becoming a strategic issue for a number of countries...