Scum - Tax

ashwoka

How can someone have the right to another persons property or savings just because they have lived there for a while and did not work out. I just cannot believe this country.

In other words........You have your house and worked hard for it, paid for it. You go out with someone who lived in shared or rented premises with no savings. You go out for say 3 months then you live together for 3 months. 3 months later you find out that person has cheated on you, for the last 6 months. That person( Who is scum to say the least) has the right to a financial payment from you...........for what.

It is always the people who work hard for a living and pay there way in this country that lose out in what we call GREAT BRITAIN. What is great about this country...NOTHING.

Only scum would go to court to get a payment like that. The British courts side with the scum. That person has no right to money at all. When you think everything is ok and look forward to a future with someone and then you find out its ALL been a lie, you have the insult to have to pay them and lose your home. Thanks GREAT BRITAIN Thanks alot.

JUST because the LAW says you can have it, does NOT mean you have to have it.

I have heard a couple of cases now where this has happened. Just cant understand peoples greed in cases like this. Just proves what scum there are out there.

I hope somewhere out there finds a loop-hole for the Hard working people to get out of paying this SCUM-TAX.

REALLY winds me up, not listening or reading news anymore.

Hi ashwoka - you really sound pi***d off!

my dad told me abnout his friend recently who is 50.
He is a bachelor and owns his own home etc. which hes worked for himself. He had a live in gf for nearly 2 years, and was aware that after 2 years, the law treats that person as a live in wife, with entitlements to your assets just like a common law wife.
I was surprised by this ridiculous law (IMO).
Anyhow, this bloke decided when the 2 years were nearly up that things weren't working out well enough between them. So he packed her stuff, and had it waiting on the dootstep for her when she got back from work, and said, - its not working out is it...........
It sounds harsh, and it is harsh IMO. However, perhaps a few weeks later perhaps she could have gone about claiming 1/2 his house if they'd split up then....

The alternative for anyone with money, worried about how relationships will affect their bank balance is to say to the person something like -
"i like you, i'm really pleased you like me for who i am. And because you like me for who i am, you won't mind signing this legally binding document that I've had drawn up, that makes you inelligible for................."
This may sound harsh, but if they really do like you for who you are etc. they won't mind signing it at all, whether b4 a marriage or cohabitation etc., as long as the content is reasonable. IMO.

eg. A millionaire is about to marry, but aks their partner to sign a pre-nup, that states they will live in financial comfort together, but the person will have no entitlement in terms of claiming any assets/wealth attained by that person, above/beyond the National average salary, for the time that they've been together etc..........because they like you for who you are, & not because of your bank balance or what work you did/assets you attained before you met!!.......sounds reasonable.......

Last edited:
"So he packed her stuff, and had it waiting on the dootstep for her when she got back from work.".....LOL .....I so admire decisiveness ;) ...just out of interest did he give her any packed lunch to take away with her ?
It seems to me if he had booked a short weekend holiday on her credit card he could have had a slightly better deal by returning without her although she might have been alarmed to find 7 suitcases packed for the occasion.

I think he left the suitcases on the inside of the house, by the door, not on the doorstep.

But to be fair to him, he did this cos of his previous 2-3 year relationship of a few years b4. He had a kid with this other woman, and she wanted every penny she could get off him for maintenance etc. which she was not just spending on the kid...........the more money he earned the more she got, so he decided to take an easier lower paid job. She got less cash, she didn't like this, and made things difficult for him to see the kid...........

He's got a new gf now, and shes also wanting to move in........

Last edited:
Yes the UK divorce laws seem to be bit unfair.

I know somebody who had a wife and 2 kids and a five bed house in Highgate which he had paid all of the mortgage on.

He found out his wife had been having an affair for 2 years and she told him she wanted out.

After the divorce her lover moved into the house and he moved into a bedsit in Archway.

YES it is true!

If i was a pre-marriage millionaire, i would feel uncomfortable, but reasonable in this day & age presenting a pre-nup document. If they got angry about it, this would tell me an awful lot about their motives.
I'd also be very comfortable receiving the same document to sign from a millionaire gf, and would have no probs signing it.

Thanks for replies.

It does wind me up all this stuff.

Case where a guy is crying down the phone to his lawyer "you promised me £200,000" he walked away with I think "100,000" but with £40,000 in fees still to pay. It was her house and they had kids. She offered more than that before going to court. He thinks no way I will go to court. His greed......His loss. That cheered me up that one.

You have to get a good enough judge, that is the main thing.

Another one. Guys girlfriend dies, so he is left with everything and a big payoff. Fair enough she was insured for alot. He sees someone for a while but she sees money, latches on to him. They were just living together in the end as he could not throw her out for one reason or another. He goes into hospital and 2 days later dies. She is claiming Half of all the estate......£1 million pounds worth. They were not even in the same room anymore. He said he wants her to have nothig. Now she will probably get quite alot from the death of his X.

Just goes to show one thing.......Write a will. If he had she will not be getting a penny.
Of course he did not know he was going to die......from a hernia, left it too late.

just hear of so many storys. A guys partner dies, her house and they have been living together for 10 years. Straight away her family got to court to get him out the house and sell it.

Thanks for replies and bothering to read it.

.........money & greed are the root of many evils..........At least if you are broke, you don't have such worries...

.........money & greed are the root of many evils..........At least if you are broke, you don't have such worries...

I reckon it's better to be miserable rich than miserable poor.

:cheesy:

I think he left the suitcases on the inside of the house, by the door, not on the doorstep.

Wise move , had they been outside and it had rained she might have sued for damages.

But to be fair to him, he did this cos of his previous 2-3 year relationship of a few years b4. He had a kid with this other woman, and she wanted every penny she could get off him for maintenance etc. which she was not just spending on the kid...........the more money he earned the more she got, so he decided to take an easier lower paid job. She got less cash, she didn't like this, and made things difficult for him to see the kid...........

Understandeable ,but I suppose this means he adheres to the view that past returns DO indicate future rewards ;)

He's got a new gf now, and shes also wanting to move in........

This might be a good time for him to change the door for one that revolves.

........money & greed are the root of many evils

The original quote actually says that it is the "love" of money (rather than money in itself) that is the root of all evil.

Paul

How can someone have the right to another persons property or savings just because they have lived there for a while and did not work out. I just cannot believe this country.

In other words........You have your house and worked hard for it, paid for it. You go out with someone who lived in shared or rented premises with no savings. You go out for say 3 months then you live together for 3 months. 3 months later you find out that person has cheated on you, for the last 6 months. That person( Who is scum to say the least) has the right to a financial payment from you...........for what.

It is always the people who work hard for a living and pay there way in this country that lose out in what we call GREAT BRITAIN. What is great about this country...NOTHING.

Only scum would go to court to get a payment like that. The British courts side with the scum. That person has no right to money at all. When you think everything is ok and look forward to a future with someone and then you find out its ALL been a lie, you have the insult to have to pay them and lose your home. Thanks GREAT BRITAIN Thanks alot.

JUST because the LAW says you can have it, does NOT mean you have to have it.

I have heard a couple of cases now where this has happened. Just cant understand peoples greed in cases like this. Just proves what scum there are out there.

I hope somewhere out there finds a loop-hole for the Hard working people to get out of paying this SCUM-TAX.

REALLY winds me up, not listening or reading news anymore.
Trade selection is as important as trade execution.

Another guy thought his life was wonderful with his wife and kids.
She had been cheating on him for a while, and again he lost his house while she had her lover move in. I mean what a kick in the guts while you are down and out. I could not believe that. Similar story to a previous post. I have a friend who works in the city who comes up with these story once in a while.

But with the PRE-NUP agreements, how do they actually stand up in court. Could the person say that they were "Not in the right state of mind" or "I was forced to do it" crap to get out of it.

I do feel alot better for this thread so thanks for bothering to reply.

If wife cheated on you,
She gets to keep house etc.
New man moves in to YOUR house, and lives with your kids etc........

This would be a complete kick in the b***ocks, very hurtful in every way, and it would take a "big" person, to walk away & get on with things, without venting some fury.......

Come to think of it, this happened with a friends parents when he was a teenager. His mother got it on with her best mates husband. His dad moves out, the other couple split up, they are no longer a friendly foursome. The new man moved in with my mates mother, into the house that his dad had predominantly paid for, while his dad goes and lives on his own in a caravan - OUCH!!!
Come to think of it, I never even saw his dad again after that, though my mate did go and visit him occassionally.

Still preferable to what happened to John Wayne Bobbitt though.........:idea: :eek: :eek: :devilish: :cry:

All goes to show that selection of suitable partner is no easy task to be treat lightly!!

Last edited:
"New man moves in to YOUR house, and lives with your kids etc........"....to be frank if I could find one who was A1 at DIY I might be tempted to give him a temporary contract so to speak...these old houses are bottomless pits for maintenance.

Trouble with that approach Chump is that by the time you're actively considering that option you'll find it's a buyers market.