Goldline Trading System

The Goldline 'system' is simple; basically it 'trades' four indicies namely the Dow, CAC, DAX & Nik. Limit orders are placed a considerable distance above & below ( approx 100 points) the present trading point on each of the four indicies. In the event of an extended move ( up or down), the limit order will be filled & 'take' the remainder of the move ( hoping it continues in that direction! ).
It s been pretty well dressed up with some fancy front end graphics for the 'daily' recommendations ( i.e limit order points) basically to justify its price tag. They are open about there involvement with betting on racing etc . Not a scam, just good marketing of a basic system.

Has goldline stopped posting their successes ?

If not, can any users confirm the following trades, from an email I received today.

Thanks

STARTQUOTE:
Hi,

You e-mailed me a little while ago after reading about Goldline, the complete home trading solution.

Would you like a demo? We are now booking free demonstrations.

Goldline cuts through the jargon to simplify successful spread betting! Goldline's profits are proven over the past 4 years- over £75,000 profit to date!

Just to recap, with Goldline we trade the 4 main global indices, our users are currently in 3 trades at the moment:

A sell on the Nasdaq which is currently showing an excellent 38 points profit
A sell on the Nikkei which is 129 points in profit
A sell on the Dax which is 149 points in profit!

our account is showing a profit of £5000.77p on these 3 trades today*!

Give me a call on 01438 353355 right now - I'll be glad to tell you exactly how you can start profiting too.. there is no obligation- so why not spend 5 minutes finding out- it might just be what you have been looking for!

(I'm currently at my desk if you wish to give me a call right now!)

Best regards,

Gerry Lannen

www.goldlinesystems.com

e-mail: [email protected]

tele: 01438 353355
Fax: 01438 352266

* Profit on these trades as of 2.00 pm 23 July

ENDQUOTE:

The registration date for Goldline systems is 2003-01-07 which means that the only way they can have 4 years of profit is by the usual back curve fitting which is used not only for this but for every horse racing system that was previoulsy marketed as well and then lost money.

It astounds me that anyone has any interest in this system at all when you consider that many of our professional traders have taken years to reach a point where they are able to consistently make profit. But no that is all irrelevant because if you have been successful at marketing horse racing software then why not just switch your marketing to trading software even though your experience in this field is zilch.

I am convinced that as soon as the markets stop trending this will lose its subscribers a fortune. If you dont believe me then just wait and watch.

Paul

Bargepole

Trader333

It astounds me too.

I did send Goldline an email a few weeks ago in which I suggested they offer me access to this remarkable "system" for a trial period of a few weeks. At NO RISK to myself.

They did not reply.

And there is the rub. If ever a truly remarkable trading system is offered to the mass market (unlikely), it will be offered free of charge for a limited period, safe in the knowledge that traders, and would-be traders, will be signing up over and over again.

I also received an email from goldline offering a free demo. I sent them an email with my contact number on, and a man called Gerry has phoned every day this week leaving an answer phone message to contact him with any questions - smacks of desperate to me!!

I was considering calling him back but just thought I would check out a little more 1st, but as I said, it felt like he was desperate for the business.

As I have no experience in this area at all, I have no plans to be ripped off by anyone, and am not now naive enough to think you can get money for nothing, but unfortunately some people live in hope that there will be something out there to help you, and fall for any kind of promising email/letter they receive, (and I admit, I have done so before now!!)

The result of this is that I haven't phoned back, so have no idea of cost involved etc, and quite frankly, no longer interested.

My advice is check out all things thorougly, talk to people who know what they are talking about, but dont offer their personal services for free/cheaply as a huge favour to the world, and dont spend money that you haven't got on anything!!

hrmmm. a few weeks ago I spoke to Aussie called Mark at Cranfield. Had to ring twice because the little rascal didnt return my call the first time. Got the gen on their trading room club (200 seats only). He seemed pretty reasonable so I agreed to a trial - he asked me to email him (as a reminder, this was about 8pm iirc). Last I heard. No response to email and some pretty bad press here (lol, he dismissed the board here as 'trade2whinge which made me chuckle...).

As I recall, the cost of a seat in the room was £200 per month... seemed reasonable.

Call me old, call me miserable and curmudgeonly, call me Victor Meldrew, but I absolutely refuse to deal with people or companies who do not demonstrate elementary courtesy. In this case responding to an email which they themselves requested really falls under the heading of elementart courtesy no?

Perhaps I got off light after all, they sound a tad dodgy.

MT

db1 said:
I also received an email from goldline offering a free demo. I sent them an email with my contact number on, and a man called Gerry has phoned every day this week leaving an answer phone message to contact him with any questions - smacks of desperate to me!!

I was considering calling him back but just thought I would check out a little more 1st, but as I said, it felt like he was desperate for the business.

As I have no experience in this area at all, I have no plans to be ripped off by anyone, and am not now naive enough to think you can get money for nothing, but unfortunately some people live in hope that there will be something out there to help you, and fall for any kind of promising email/letter they receive, (and I admit, I have done so before now!!)

The result of this is that I haven't phoned back, so have no idea of cost involved etc, and quite frankly, no longer interested.

My advice is check out all things thorougly, talk to people who know what they are talking about, but dont offer their personal services for free/cheaply as a huge favour to the world, and dont spend money that you haven't got on anything!!

MysticalTrader, I take it your talking about Trendsignal rather than Goldline? If you haven't already read it, you might find the Trendsignal thread useful.

Cheers

yes, I was. ooer... are they not the same people? Crikey, I think I feel a libel action coming on..

Time to hedge... bummer

MT

ChowClown said:
MysticalTrader, I take it your talking about Trendsignal rather than Goldline? If you haven't already read it, you might find the Trendsignal thread useful.

Cheers

....easily done - I think Trendsignal have inadvertently associated themselves with Goldline through internet metatags, or something along those lines....

Goldline and Finspreads in cahoots?!

I have question....

if Goldline is this scam that people seem to think it is then why do Finspreads deal with them on an exclusive basis. My point being that even if Goldline has said to Finspreads "listen we can pass a whole lot of business your way" then would it not be in Finspreads best interest to investigate Goldline thouroughly before entering into business with them. If Finspreads were to be seen doing business with a scammer then would that not mean that if Goldline were to be investigated by the FSA then Finspreads would get in some hot water too.

Just a thought... interested if anyone else has any thoughts on this.

Regards

conan79

You may be right - I really dont know.

I just think that when you are new to something, and have had fingers burnt before,then you have to try and get an overall view from people who have either had dealings with the people concerned, or at least have a far greater knowledge of the area in general.

I personally think that people with good knowledge who have doubts or concerns over something should be listened to, when making decisions to hand over money.

I would rather err on the side of caution, than take the plunge anyway.

Maybe this just proves that I am not enough of a risk taker to be trying to work in this kind of business!!

A large pinch of salt

The FSA?

Hmmmmm..............a large pinch of salt may be needed

From ADVFN email this morning - Question didn't this figure use to be higher?? or has it been that for months and months now? :rolleyes:

"Sponsored by Goldine:
From £2,000 to £67,276 trading the markets at home."

From £2,000 to £67,276 trading the markets at home."

Yes it is interesing that this figure has gone down and maybe we will get a complete decline in returns that means we will eventually see adds like this

From £67,276 to £2,000 trading the markets at home."
:D

Paul

KIMMRUNNER said:
There are simple schemes that can achieve £15000+ to a single pound of FTSE with considerably less drawdown ( ie £30000 based on the relative value of DOW to FTSE), using no stop loss. Notice that by increasing stake commensurate with the size of fund can achieve £150K on less drawdown than goldline

Hello All,

I've been 'playing' with Spread Betting for just over 18 months now and haven't done too badly making a few k. I was looking into taking my betting to the next level and saw the Goldline advert. I filled my e-mail address in on the website and received the usual automated e-mail. The price is currently £5k (what happened to the £1.5k offer mentioned on this thread a few months ago?)
I thought that I'd do a bit of research first and now I'm glad that I did after reading this thread.

I'm a relative newbie to trading / spread betting but it really interests me. (Ideally I'd like to become a trader of some sort but don't know where to start).

What are the 'simple schemes' that you mention above? Are they freely available or do they cost £5k each as well?

Thanks in advance,

Edster

you made a few k and still wanted to take it to the next level??

if i were you i would keep doing what you were doing before. if it aint broke, dont get the cowboys in...

simple schemes? look on here, or on moneytec, elitetrader. or do some beasic reading of incrediblecharts.com

the simpler the better IMHO. indicators and the like give me headaches..

Thanks for the quick reply.
I've made nearly 14k in 2004 up to now but am stuck with some 'dodgy bets' which are currently 9k down. OK, most don't expire until March so they may improve but I need to learn when to pull out and cut my losses. It's hard to think that if I put a stop on then I'll lose x-amount when the market may turn around again straight after I was stopped out. That's the name of the game I suppose. Also, it's better to be stopped out early than be stuck with 9k's worth of dodgy bets, eh?

Ultimately I'd like to do this kind of thing full time. Not necessarily spread betting but something along those lines. Is this possible or is it mainly a 'spare time' hobby?