Goldline

Kriesau,

I had been looking at getting into trading and received all the stuff from goldline and it seemed good, just click a few buttons enter when the light is green stop when the light is red kind of approach, minimal effort required etc. After reading the views (qualified or not) of others (including other boards) the stories relating to the people who run the goldline system sounded alarms bells to the point where I was unsure of parting with £5k.

Since that point I've followed many of the (non commercial) systems that get discussed on here and am trying to learn how these systems work and the tools used and develop my own trading style. Caution and patience is required when trading, I feel far happier with my £5k still in the bank and learning the trade.

If you're interested in goldline and are happy to buy it then that's your call, I wish you every success with your trading. I personally didn't feel happy with parting with (for me) a substantial amount of money.

Darth, it's your call whether you spend nothing, £5, £500 or £5000 on any third party trading system. I have no axe to grind with any of these options. My point was that there are people here who trade in rumour or innuendo rather than personal experience. I would treat a users view with some degree of credibility but I have no time for people who give 'advice' on something that they have neither knowledge or experience of. Unless I am mistaken none of the posters who gave you advice had any knowledge or personal experience of this system.

For what its worth I do not think that there is any system available that can provide a guaranteed successful formula for share trading, indices trading or any other kind of trading. There are systems and formulas that can give you an edge and/or limit your downside risks. It takes time and patience to evaluate any of these that you might encounter - I have adopted a few after testing them and in some cases they are worth the cost involved. None of them are nirvana but some of them can give you the necessary edge that makes the difference between making and losing money.

Good luck in your future trading.

pkfryer - I am sorry but your statement is absurd. There are many cases of people developing successful business models and then selling participation into them as an additional revenue stream. You would be crazy not to - you wont dilute your own profits by selling participation, you will increase them.

I have personal experience of one situation where someone sells his options trading system. He does not provide you with his trading formulas but he trades on your behalf. Your money is securely held in a third party account at an FSA approved broker. He charges an entry fee to participate and then takes a cut of your monthly profit. He has a number of subscribers and by my estimation is probably clearing £200K per annum in income from subscriber fees and his share of their profits. This is in addition to the profits that he makes on his own trades.

A friend of mine has been subscribing to this system for 2 years now and has averaged a 50% return per annum over these two years and has experienced just 2 small drawdowns in 24 months. The reason that the vendor sells participation is to enhance his own profits, it provides him with greater leverage to trade and it also provides him with some cover against the occasional drawdown which will inevitably occur in any system.

There is risk involved to the capital invested since if an unexpected and major event caused a sudden and untypical market movement (like 9/11) you could lose the lot. However higher returns come from a higher degree of risk and like any sensible trader you do not expose yourself to a level of risk that you could not live with in the worst case scenario. If you don't like risk stash your cash in a BS a/c, earn5% and sleep easy at night.

So "Why sell something for a few hundred or a few thousand pounds when you can make ten times that amount a week by using it. It doesn't make sense"
Well you have the answer and IT DOES make perfect sense !

If you had developed a trading system that was making you money would you turn down the opportunity to generate additional income and profit from selling participation. I doubt it unless it had the potential to dilute your own trading results. It's a global market with a vast array of trading opportunities so any individual system that works is hardly likely to make even a small dent in it let alone influence the markets.

Harlosh - After nearly 18 months how do you rate this sysytem ?

Harlosh said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and would like to put my head above the parapet by confessing to having purchased the Goldline system.
I've had it a couple of months now but most of that time was spent learning the principles based on the manual supplied with the software.
My first two 'attempts' were losses totalling approx £400 but I have to say I broke a golden rule by trying to 'force' trades.
I am now up 166 points since 8th October and should have been up a lot more except that I again broke the rules and 'interfered' with the system by closing a trade when I should have let it run.
The jury is still out as to whether or not Goldline will turn out to be value for money but I am happy to keep you informed of my progress, warts and all, if anyone is interested.
I took a calculated gamble when I bought the system. Some may think I'm crazy but then don't we all make calculated gambles every day in this game?
The only thing is, the system is very passive on the users part and it has whetted my appetite to become more 'hands on' like you guys. You though, may find it a little too tepid.
Anyway, if anyone would like more info then feel free to email me or post here and I will keep you informed.
John

Hello

I'm new to trade2win and I've been trying to sift through the 100's of thread to find info about assett 18, I beleive it's related to goldline.

Can anybody help me or if it's been discussed before point in the direction of where to look.

Cheers

sarahmiddlebrook said:
Hello

I'm new to trade2win and I've been trying to sift through the 100's of thread to find info about assett 18, I beleive it's related to goldline.

Can anybody help me or if it's been discussed before point in the direction of where to look.

Cheers

Hi Sarah. Welcome to trade2win you will find it a great site with a lot of helpful people. There are I believe many postings on Asset18 if you click on the search facility on the site and type it in you will have a list of all the times it has been mentioned I think there is a thread dedicated to it .

Hope this helps. Schoe.

Dear All,

This is my first post so forgive me if I do anything I should not. I have been receiving e-mails from Goldline for some time regarding the package they sell to start trading. It sounds a little bit to good to be true. However it also intrests me. Could you give me some direction on this matter.

Thank you.

Take it to a safe area and set fire to it.
Use your head - would you sell the Golden Goose?
spend some time reading this board - all info. is free

Mr Flipper

There is much material relating to Goldline on T2W, almost of all of which is negative. A read through should quickly make your mind up.

Regards
Pippppin

neil said:
Take it to a safe area and set fire to it.
Use your head - would you sell the Golden Goose?
spend some time reading this board - all info. is free

no, i would get an industrial quantity of paxo and make merry...

Thanks Fettered. I just merged the threads so that this one starts with the posts from the one you mention.

my my, you are tidy pink woolly thing today...

...in fact I'm so impressed that I'm going to write an enormous article for the Traderpedia :) :)

Your message:

Funny thing is, its hard to find a simulator that does a good job! I dont know why as I think its essential to learning to trade. Stay away from Omnitrader as its crap, and dont spend too much money as TradeStation and MetaStock dont have simulator functionality. I did discover the perfect simulator and it was free (but attached to a broker), but it was about 6 months ago. I'll have a rumage around and see if I can find it again.

I'm looking for a good simulator. I need to be able to back test dat. Simulator should handle easily available archived data in several different formats, probably excel dot seperated text.

I hope you can remember the one you mentioned above, or any other for that matter. It does not have to be free, money spent on a good simulator probably shows a better return than on say 'goldline' with which I have again been tempted.

This is my first 'post / reply'. not sure how you will reply to me, so I include my e-mail
mailto:[email protected]

There is an interesting article in the Financial Mail this Sunday about Goldline. Apparantly someone was unhappy that they can have up to 20 consecutive losing trades using this system.

Well there's a surprise !

What is even more interesting is that on Page 16 of the Financial Mail Goldline is getting a huge slating from Mr Hetherington and on Page 20 it is then being advertised as being able to make us all £60K a year.

.........when the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..................:)

Paul

Hi there,
I recently spoke to Goldline, they say that they have over 700 happy clients all using IG Index.
Can some of you guys clarify things for me.
If you win every day with a spread bet, after the spread, who loses?

Having looked at all of the threads here, is there anyone brave enough to admit successfully using the Goldline System (or any other)?

Thanks.

Goldline rears its u**y head once again

Believe me, even if you were trading the worlds best trading system (which would not be for sale by the way) you would be very unlikely to notch up win after win spreadbetting, with no losses.

Goldline will tell you what you want to hear - once you have paid them £xK they have made their considerable profit, and the last person they will be interested in will be you.

For the vast majority of spreadbets, it is the punter vs. the house (spreadbetting company). Given that at least 90% of punters lose, the spreadbetting company are happy to allow you to bet with the odds so heavily stacked in their favour. If the spreadbetting company do not like the odds on any trade, they can hedge their position in the markets to offset their risk

Sad but true nothing is infallible imagine flipping coins and landing on heads once twice six times eventually tails will pop up, a very one dimensional example but true nonetheless
simply be careful the only way to trade is to know what you are doing
this is a profession you would not expect to be an accountant or a doctor after 1 or 2 seminars, dont be fooled how easy it all sounds