Goldline

I would never trust a company which asks you to call up in order to get a quote for their system rather than displaying it clearly on the homepage of their website..

"dodgy" - is the word that comes to mind!!

ADVFN are still regularly plugging Goldline. I still receive regular emails from ADVFN headlined "how to make vast tax free profits spreadbetting from only 10 mins a day" (or words to that effect).

It is about time companies like ADVFN were brought to book, as well as Goldline

Goldline had the cheek to contact me after I had canceled my subscription, offering me a reduced rate were I to renew again. They claimed they had no idea why I would have wanted to cancel in the first place.

Are they still in business then ?

I would have thought they would have folded by now given all the adverse comments on here and possibly elsewhere and given the exorbitant cost of their apparently dodgy product.

I would like to add something on this. I recently got an email from goldline, with all those super good returns. I checked their website, and found something very interesting. I clicked on the link to buy, it took me to a page, asking me to enter the credit card details. Behold, there is no indication of amount of money will be taken out off my card. Rather there is a box, where you can enter the amount.

Now, thats seriously dodgy. Anybody who got a product that can make a million, will not be this bad to grab whatever money they can get from punters!

Ofcourse, I did not buy it!

This is actually my first post! and after reading this thread I'm already in awe of some very well informed members!
I visited A Goldline "Road Show" at a Marriott Hotel near Manchester back in 2003 after reading about them on Advfn. Being a serial skeptic I raised many questions to a very amiable chap called Gerry. It was a One to One discussion and he was a very slick operator indeed but no pressure tactics were applied.
I left the meeting very tempted to get involved and they had even offered a very basic Laptop as an inducement to join "The Club". In the end I let it drift and occasionally I checked out their published Trading Results on their web site. Year on Year their results are impressive and they do appear to show every trade that on many occasions show long runs of losses before a short series of big wins occur!!
What worried me in particular was the number of times they moved the Stop Loss particularly on a losing Bet that would be difficult to keep up with on a day to day basis if you are working every day and need to place a new position?
They must have attracted very many Investors considering the amount of Marketing they have employed but I've never come across any independent reports about the system!
My gut feeling that's served me well over the years is that it's a very clever piece of Software that can't be easily verified. So my verdict is: Steer clear unless you can afford to lose substantial sums?