Can a novice with DA tools really out perform a proffessional?

sp1

I am a novice with out significant trading experiance so please forgive me.

I am trying to understand this and prepare to dip my toes after much continued learning from the side of this shark infested world.

I just dont buy the idea that as a novice its in my best interest to use DA tools. May be I am being too cynical, I dont consider all the apparent transparency to be the complete reality.

Is it going to dawn on me that either I pay in slippage with discount outfits or I pay the proper going rate in commisions for proffessional order execution...?

May be I should be paying a proffessional to use not held orders and or to generally employ thier expertise.

I dont know much about this types of orders "in practice" as opposed to the blurd in a glossary So any leads to knowledge greatfully recieved.

(By the way what are good rates for typically 500 to 5000 share orders in US markets at say $30 share price, and who offers them to uk citizens. )

Especially after reading a few brokerage Terms of bussiness with all the reapeted reference to matching and grouping of orders that may not be in my interest and soft commisions and other conflicts of interests....

Please all views from all sides.

All help will be appreciated especially in helping to reframe my questions and knowledge gaps.

Many thanks.

Sp1