Good Futures Brokers

rantan59

Anybody know any good futures brokers?

I currently trade with optionsXpress and have used their futures through the virtual trading and now I am i looking at Expo Futures and will try thier virtual trading platform for a while.

I am looking for a brokerage with :

-No maintenace fees
-Low commissions
-Self-direct trading (who cares more about my money than me)
-Low initial account setup costs (no more than $5000)

I would test drive x-trader or J-trader platform with Global Futures...

Currently that's what I'm checking out because my current broker isn't so cheap or good for futures.
Global Futures only requires 500$ for margin on the e-mini index contracts...and they have a 300$ margin special going on for index futures for small account sizes...2,000$ is the minimum, so that's 6 contracts for 2k.

commish is pretty low and it's ECN style...pretty fast. plus they offer like a dozen platforms, for retail and/or professional (pro platforms have huge monthly fee for use)

thanks i'll check them out

I would test drive x-trader or J-trader platform with Global Futures...

Currently that's what I'm checking out because my current broker isn't so cheap or good for futures.
Global Futures only requires 500$ for margin on the e-mini index contracts...and they have a 300$ margin special going on for index futures for small account sizes...2,000$ is the minimum, so that's 6 contracts for 2k.

commish is pretty low and it's ECN style...pretty fast. plus they offer like a dozen platforms, for retail and/or professional (pro platforms have huge monthly fee for use)

Global Futures are a good company to trade with.
I currently use Turbo Trader Platform , the fees are 25 pence more per trip than jtrader based on 2000 trips per month on S&Pmini / NQX mini.
So I pay $4 a trip per contract.
In reality in compasison to spreadbetting its 0.35 spread onces the commision is included.

interactivebrokers.co.uk would be my choice because Global Futures have packaged their software so that it only runs on Windows XP and above. (or Win2K, not sure now - I use linux).

Yeah sorry you're correct...my confusion being a novice. Interactive Brokers seems a good one....Global Futures looks good also.

hi, anyone using proactive futures ? with NT ZENFIRE LOOKS GOOD. AND HOW YOU GUYS GETTING ON WITH GLOBEL FUTURES. thinking about trying them out can you help thanks

Left IB after 5 years, switched to Global.

You can bid them for your rates, they're keen to attract those dissatisfied with other brokers. Like the Turbo platform, the odd connection issue with RCG out of hours for updates, but no biggy, quickly resolved though. No account minimums, other than basic margin.

Very good client care, as opposed to the a holes at IB.

If you are starting out, they're prepared to hold your hand.