God Bless our Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

wackypete2

Legendary member
It's Memorial Day here in the US. A day of remembrance to honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. For all the free countries in the world, please don't forget your armed forces men and women who died to defend your country and your freedom so that you may always be free.

Peter

Great sentiment.

Let's not forget also the brave military men and women who died not in defence of a nation but in pointless wars and as a result of politicians' hubris, ego and folly.

Let us also remember that all wars in the history of mankind have been started by aggressors in pursuit of only one thing - land and resources, nothing else - even though the war aims are sometimes disguised by other other motives, political,religous etc.

(y)

a bit of trivia for people not living/working in London

the Centoaph, in London, as far as I know is actually on the border of the city of Westminster and the city of London (corporation or whatever).

So when people say "I work in the City" (meaning financial district), on teh olden days they were referring to the City of London Corporation which i spose technically is a city in its own right, like Westminster City is (where the politics are done).

I went to that place in Passendale on skool trip, made me cry.

Do most squadies sign up to 'defend our feedoms' or for a bit of a laugh?

Get a grip.

oi bramble u knobhead shut your ***in cake hole :mad:

whether it was Charge of the Light Brigade, going over the top at Ypres or being blown up by some raghead with a boat load of TNT strapped to his belly, every one of these blokes will have been following orders and been proper brickin it at the same time.

No need to get all mushy about the ones who just work in the canteen or fix broken land rovers, fine, but before you treat the blokes at the pointy end with disdain you should reflect whether you could match their bravery, discipline and commitment.

God bless the troops of our country, the USA, Israel and India.

These troops are leading the the war against the dark and evil forces of Islamic terrorism.

oi bramble u knobhead shut your ***in cake hole :mad:

whether it was Charge of the Light Brigade, going over the top at Ypres or being blown up by some raghead with a boat load of TNT strapped to his belly, every one of these blokes will have been following orders and been proper brickin it at the same time.

No need to get all mushy about the ones who just work in the canteen or fix broken land rovers, fine, but before you treat the blokes at the pointy end with disdain you should reflect whether you could match their bravery, discipline and commitment.
Disdain? None of it sir.

With my limited experience in the forces as a retired Colonel in Her Majesty’s Lightly Armoured Mounted Parachute Corps I can assure you there are no conscripts in HM Armed Forces – they all volunteered. Their reasons for joining are varied of course, but none to my knowledge did so to ‘fight for freedom’ - theirs or anyone else’s.

That they go into battle and on occasion brick it good and proper is not disputed. Been there, done that. Neither is the fact that they do so under orders. This in no way detracts from the job they do and the price they, their friends, comrades and family sometimes also unfortunately pay. That extreme acts of bravery and heroism are witnessed on a daily basis is also a fact. (I well remember one Sgt. who lovingly cared for my critically injured steed after a particularly bad jump shielding him from fierce enemy fire and taking serious wounds himself in the process, ultimately in vain. But I digress.)

It is a canard to confuse military action in any sphere with ‘fighting for freedom’ as this is rarely the agenda set by those who give the orders to those who give the orders. And do not confuse the motives of those who join the forces with ‘fighting for freedom’ as this is, to my knowledge, never the reason for joining. A bit of a laugh, a family tradition, a chance to get a trade, no other option, to play with the latest and ultimate in big boys’ toys and for some, simply the macabre possibility that they will get to fight and kill are all in the mix.

If you were really that keen to protect your ‘freedoms’ you’d look to those who you believe limit whatever freedoms you suspect you no longer have or feel are being threatened and you’d kill them. Typically this is more likely to be your next door neighbour than a raghead tribesman a few thousand miles away.

It's Memorial Day here in the US. A day of remembrance to honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. For all the free countries in the world, please don't forget your armed forces men and women who died to defend your country and your freedom so that you may always be free.

Peter

Happy Memorial day.

But if I were you I wouldn't go on about 'freedom' too much because to many people outside the US it looks like the country is becoming one nasty Police state where freedom is fast becoming a crass joke.

Shame, I used to like going there on holiday but I doubt I'll ever go again as it's a shadow of its former self, Such a shame.

God bless the troops of our country, the USA, Israel and India.

These troops are leading the the war against the dark and evil forces of Islamic terrorism.

You've been well and truly taken in by the government propaganda.........

Sure, the tiny tiny amount of Islamic terrorists are a bunch of pricks but if you want to see the real 'dark and evil forces' then look in Washington DC. How many lives have they ruined and destroyed over the last 10 years versus the Islamics and where has that exactly got the West?

Last edited:
Dear anley

We and our American and Israeli brothers will continue to make the world a better placed by exterminating the islamic terrorist threat.

The islamic terrorists are living in the middle ages with their crazy system of murderous sharia law, their imposition of burqas on their female victims and their sex crazed polygamous desire for 4 wives. Not to mention that they want to die blowing themselves up in the process of killing us. There is no scope for negotiation with these dangerous terrorists.

Kind regards.

Yours sincerely,
TraderPattern

Last edited:
Dear anley

We and our American and Israeli brothers will continue to make the world a better placed by exterminating the islamic terrorist threat.

The islamic terrorists are living in the middle ages with their crazy system of murderous sharia law, their imposition of burqas on their female victims and their sex crazed polygamous desire for 4 wives. Not to mention that they want to die blowing themselves up in the process of killing us. There is no scope for negotiation with these dangerous terrorists.

Kind regards.

Yours sincerely,
TraderPattern

You're not Stalin reincarnated are you ?:LOL:

My original post was not meant to be political. Our armed forces do a job most of us cannot fathom and have no say in what is politically correct. I'm glad we have a strong military and I salute them all. If you disagree with how/when/why they are deployed blame your politicians, not the men and women who serve.

Peace...

Peter

Dear anley

Reading your post I was reminded of My Lay, Gaza and many other places.

Is this board going to follow the rules and definitions of Mr Bush and leaders of another country - the morality of which can not be questioned without public sanctions?

Kind regards

Hittfeld

The islamic terrorists are living in the middle ages with their crazy system of murderous sharia law, their imposition of burqas on their female victims and their sex crazed polygamous desire for 4 wives.

What right do you, I or anyone else have to say that some other country or people shouldn't live their lives how they want, rather than how WE say they should.

Imagine if the tables were turned and Islam countries started to tell the West how to behave or live. Oh, how the west wouldn't like that, but of course it's OK for them to dictate.

Nevertheless, the funny thing about all of this is the Islamics are winning the war and fulfilling their main goal which is/was to bankrupt the US via overspending on their military. Just a shame Osama isn't alive so we could see him proclaim 'Mission Accomplished' like Bush did on the Aircraft carrier. That was several years back now........

What right do you, I or anyone else have to say that some other country or people shouldn't live their lives how they want, rather than how WE say they should.

I am totally with you on that.

I have lived in 8 different countries and experienced many differing cultures and I am not so sure that the West is as civilised as it thinks it is.

So called Western culture has many deficiencies and should not be ordering the rest of the world to behave and live as it does.

By the way everyone I am generally pro the US and the West in general but my patience is growing thin at how much they're bullying other countries.

By all means slap a few people around every now and then, and lob a few bombs if need be, but the constant war with both no end in sight and no proper aim is doing us all no favours.

Just making my point and I'm not here to get into an online slagging match with anyone :)

Imagine if the tables were turned and Islam countries started to tell the West how to behave or live. Oh, how the west wouldn't like that, but of course it's OK for them to dictate.

I believe in universal values, not medieval islamo-values i.e. I believe in equal rights for females and homosexuals, not their victimisation by heinous peoples.

The civilised world has every right to ensure human rights and universal values, concepts which are missing from the vocabulary of the fanatics and terrorists.

Those who defy the requirement for universal values must face the full military wrath of the civilised world, if possible with the backing of the UN like we have in Libya.

The days of the terrorist Gaddafi are numbered. Soon he will be with his virgins in hell.

May our Lord protect our troops.

We, the West, should never invade or bomb any country unless it is a real, clear and present danger to us. Neither should we get involved in civil wars in Muslim countries, although we were right to intervene in Bosnia, imv, as that was the exception that proved the rule of humanitarian action.
Who the hell do we think we are? Self-appointed policemen of the world? Trying to do things under the fig leaf of the UN, and if we can't, then do it anyway.
The world doesn't seem to progress.
"Liberal intervention" = self-righteous arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.