God Bless our Military

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a totally separate note, does anyone know why all the US intelligence community (certainly those based in my neck of the woods) were all shipped home yesterday with less than 24 hours notice?

Due to a general lack of intelligence.

I'd get out of Kabul now then, Tony, before it's nuked.
<<<***This is an automated response from TheBramble***>>>

I will be on leave until the 12th of Never.

Urgent issues to CMO INTELOPS.

<<<***End of automated response***>>>

It's Memorial Day here in the US. A day of remembrance to honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. For all the free countries in the world, please don't forget your armed forces men and women who died to defend your country and your freedom so that you may always be free.

Peter

Somebody has to do this and the ones that do sign up should be respected, even if they did not expect what they got into.

My view is that our leaders do not use this valuable manpower in the way that it it should, that is, for defence of our respective countries but there is another point that I wish to make, too.

Memorial Day and Rememberance Sunday are very hypocritical commemorations when one considers how we treat the humans who were not fortunate enough to die in wars started by our political leaders. It is well known that veterans of the Vietnam war, in many cases, ended up as homeless debris on American streets. I hope that veterans of the two Iraq wars have better treatment. The UK is no better, from what I have heard on BBC programmes, with many ending up in prisons when they should have been receiving mental treatment.

I agree with Split. We should treat our retired politicians a lot better than we do.

After politics, what else are they good for? Human resources? Health & Safety? Local council administrators? NHS administrators?

There must be some useless jobs we can give to useless people?

Somebody has to do this and the ones that do sign up should be respected, even if they did not expect what they got into.

My view is that our leaders do not use this valuable manpower in the way that it it should, that is, for defence of our respective countries but there is another point that I wish to make, too.

Memorial Day and Rememberance Sunday are very hypocritical commemorations when one considers how we treat the humans who were not fortunate enough to die in wars started by our political leaders. It is well known that veterans of the Vietnam war, in many cases, ended up as homeless debris on American streets. I hope that veterans of the two Iraq wars have better treatment. The UK is no better, from what I have heard on BBC programmes, with many ending up in prisons when they should have been receiving mental treatment.

That's because it is not a natural human response to kill another human. I know it is done - has been done on a callosal scale but it takes ones soul away.

Also - to be subjected to near death experience day in day out for a cause no one knows is a big ask.

When soldiers do go AWOL or question their orders - they get persecuted. Shot in the past for desertion.

Unless one is defending against an aggressor this kind of tosh about honour and pride stuff is just another one of those make you feel good - we have superior human rights than they holier than though attitude.

I mean what does God bless our soldiers really mean. Soldiers there to fight and kill. It's like saying let God mess up anyone else who stands against us.

I agree and have pointed out in the past - they only count deaths of soldiers. Not the victims on the other side, refugees - future deaths and suffering and finally not the soldiers who return with limbs missing.

Who the hell does any man or nation think he is / they are when those words - God bless are uttered? Why should he/she/it do so - even if God exists. In all the raging savage battles of the world where was God - honour and dignity?

Wake up call to question and challenge old dogma imho.

May everyone - have peace and prosper... None of this God bless my **** and eff the rest business. :mad:

Good post Splitlink. (y)

This is a good thread. Thanks for the responses.

In these difficult days, civilised countries such as Israel, USA, India and UK must remain united against the dark forces of terrorism.

I agree with Split. We should treat our retired politicians a lot better than we do.

After politics, what else are they good for? Human resources? Health & Safety? Local council administrators? NHS administrators?

There must be some useless jobs we can give to useless people?

Writing personal testimonials for Dignitas..........

rite im been serious a good book for trading is called "On The Psychology Of Military Incompetence" ill make a link on amazon in a mo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychology-Military-Incompetence-Pimlico/dp/0712658890

yeah get it (and read it obv!). im not jokin, trading didn invent anything new in the world just diffrent application of similar tasks. this is a nice book about how to do your conkers.

Very interesting to listen to on effects of killing on soldiers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00gyhhk/Your_World_The_Kill_Factor_Episode_1/

How they need to be taught to kill and how it is against human nature.

Politicians and commanders can make these decisions because they don't look into the eye of the suffering inflicted but they only see their status and bank balances.

The damage - the REAL damage is to people on the front line to both soldiers and victims.

This is a three part series I believe.
Every Sunday - 9:00 am and 7:00 pm on BBC World Service

I have so much respect for those men and women in the military. It takes a very brave, strong person to do what they do every day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011p5hj/The_Choice_Joe_Glenton/

Have a listen to this for one account of what modern (British Army) soldiering is like.

I listened to this and thought it was a very honest account of pretty much what goes on.

This soldier represents one of the milder case imho. In the spectrum of suffering some come out vegetables or rotten because they are unable to reconcile emotions and go off the rails beating up other pub goers up and down the country because they hit the bottle.

Others like the SAS soldier who can handle killing but found the death of 18 civilians sent him over the edge and he hits the bottle.

Those who survive and manage must be made of very strong metal to be able to deal with it all.

I once experienced big canons being fired when as in the radio account approx 10m away. I literally crapped in my pants and instinctively my knees buckled and my whole body lunged forward to dive for cover. Ears hurting and knees shaking it took good 2/3 minutes to come back to my senses.

I should add that I knew the guns would be fired at some point but had forgotten. So it was a deafening shock to my system.

Finally, not knowing when they were going to go off and the random nature of those unbelievably loud guns is very nerve jangling. I think I would be one of those people who turn to jelly if they were aimed at me.

So I don't blame the soldiers but I do find the lies to get young men out of towns with unmployment with a future in the army to defend ones country and then to send them across to world to fight wars is plain ol wrong. Very very wrong. :mad:

I also think it is wrong to wrap them up in the national flag giving it the full ceremony as if they died defending the country and our freedoms. They died doing a job for the war mongers and politicians playing war. It is all a political spin advertisement to brain wash us. No disrespect to the soldiers or families but I just see our governments and politicians bunch of lying ******s. It may give a meaning to their deaths but its all a pack of lies.

To this day I have no idea what we are doing in Afghanistan other than training their troops. Let the Afghan soldiers patrol all those routes. I have never felt threatened by Iraqis or Afghans. However, I have felt threatened for the best part of my life in the tubes and in London parks from IRA bombs. Number of times I've had to get off the tube for some package to be removed is probably in 00s. Crazy stuff.

I do think people and parents are wising up though as both the US marines and UK are having recruiting people for the army. Just shows they are losing the media war.

I listened to this and thought it was a very honest account of pretty much what goes on.

This soldier represents one of the milder case imho. In the spectrum of suffering some come out vegetables or rotten because they are unable to reconcile emotions and go off the rails beating up other pub goers up and down the country because they hit the bottle.

Others like the SAS soldier who can handle killing but found the death of 18 civilians sent him over the edge and he hits the bottle.

Those who survive and manage must be made of very strong metal to be able to deal with it all.

I once experienced big canons being fired when as in the radio account approx 10m away. I literally crapped in my pants and instinctively my knees buckled and my whole body lunged forward to dive for cover. Ears hurting and knees shaking it took good 2/3 minutes to come back to my senses.

I should add that I knew the guns would be fired at some point but had forgotten. So it was a deafening shock to my system.

Finally, not knowing when they were going to go off and the random nature of those unbelievably loud guns is very nerve jangling. I think I would be one of those people who turn to jelly if they were aimed at me.

So I don't blame the soldiers but I do find the lies to get young men out of towns with unmployment with a future in the army to defend ones country and then to send them across to world to fight wars is plain ol wrong. Very very wrong. :mad:

I also think it is wrong to wrap them up in the national flag giving it the full ceremony as if they died defending the country and our freedoms. They died doing a job for the war mongers and politicians playing war. It is all a political spin advertisement to brain wash us. No disrespect to the soldiers or families but I just see our governments and politicians bunch of lying ******s. It may give a meaning to their deaths but its all a pack of lies.

To this day I have no idea what we are doing in Afghanistan other than training their troops. Let the Afghan soldiers patrol all those routes. I have never felt threatened by Iraqis or Afghans. However, I have felt threatened for the best part of my life in the tubes and in London parks from IRA bombs. Number of times I've had to get off the tube for some package to be removed is probably in 00s. Crazy stuff.

I do think people and parents are wising up though as both the US marines and UK are having recruiting people for the army. Just shows they are losing the media war.

I don't know how long a soldier has to do in a war zone before getting sent home but horrific, threatening noise by itself, apart from seeing your mates and others slaughtered around you must get inside a soldier's brain.

How they need to be taught to kill and how it is against human nature.

Given the right situation and the right set of circumstances you, I or any other person in this room could kill another person for as little as a single piece of bread.

And not only could you do it, you would do it instantaneously, automatically, instinctively, without thinking, without hesitation.

To kill another human being is something that comes to us naturally; those that deny this are the ones more likely to do it.

dd

Given the right situation and the right set of circumstances you, I or any other person in this room could kill another person for as little as a single piece of bread.

And not only could you do it, you would do it instantaneously, automatically, instinctively, without thinking, without hesitation.

To kill another human being is something that comes to us naturally; those that deny this are the ones more likely to do it.

dd

Would you?

Really?

Have you ever gone really really hungry or thirsty?

Do you know how many people are starving in the world?

I beg to differ. I would say on the contrary it is precisely people who have more find it harder to give cause they are anally retentive tight arsed greedy *******s.

In many countries no matter how little food one has - one shares imho & experience.

An interesting subject.

http://current.com/news/91087848_human-killer-instinct-maybe-not.htm

Personally, I think it is largely cultural. People are mostly a blank state at birth, neither natural killers or natural non-killers. How they develop thereafter will depend upon the experiences that shape them.

Tragically,in societies where people evolve as civilized and peaceful and are then dragged into war, they need to be de-programmed and re-conditioned. Once taboo's are broken, savagery and violence become the new norm.

History shows that following major conflicts, a flood of de-mobbed soldiers usually leads to a surge in violent crime; people who have been conditioned to see killing others as normal are unlikely to simply re-adjust back to what most of us see as civilized behavior.

Yes I have.

We're not just talking here about the typical student diet, or having the munchies after a night out and a few scoops, although the instinct to kill outside the kebab shop is evident on any Saturday night.

dd

Last edited:
We're not just talking here about the typical student diet, or having the munchies after a night out and a few scoops, although the instinct to kill outside the kebab shop is evident on any Saturday night.

dd

Provide evidence as to where starving people have turned to kill each other.

I'm not talking about fighting for resources between different tribes.

eg: Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.