Libyan rebels seize town amid deadly battle

Benefits are truly marvellous. So far hasn't cost us much at all. Remember - the military also needs to train and remain active to be effective. If Libya wasn't taking place our soldiers would be carrying out training activities and sorties else where.

Too right! The only extra costs are the weapons expenditure and hiring of airfields and accommodation plus a few extra Bob for our well-deserving troops. The training in Libya (and Iraq/Afghan) is/was far more realistic than otherwise available. Plus the military get to see whether their kit and tactics are actually any good - the problem with the Cold War was that no one knew for sure how it would pan out but thankfully we never got to find out.

As for any other benefits, I suspect you can forget it. It seems we are being used by the Arab states to do their fighting which they are equipped for but reluctant to do. Oh well! - I suppose they'll want to buy some Eurofighters and other stuff they have no real use for.

they'll want to buy some Eurofighters and other stuff they have no real use for.

No. They will use these weapons to defend against all these troops who keep on invading other countries and refuse to go home.

I haven't seen the UK getting any benefits from Iraqi oil, yet. Or the net benefits of anything much else, either.

I know that UK defense companies are rolling in the dividends but the UK taxpayer pays for the military intervention which amounts to billions. So the next time anyone moans about cuts in National Health, education and policing remember that it is all for the common good, and the cause of liberty abroad.

There you go Splitlink, this is what it was about.

In Talks on Rebuilding Libya, a Tussle for Contracts

Unlike Iraq where US had veto over contracts here there is somewhat of a tussle.

However, I would add this seems to be the new blueprint for over throwing tyrants or dictatorial leaders and then helping out with new government.

Some say this can go a long way to reviving Europes fortunes. I would agree.

Next on the horizon is Syria.

There have also been some rumblings in Nigeria.

I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with oil??? ;)

Unlike Iraq where US had veto over contracts ;)

Oh really, that would explain all the Chinese or Russian oil companies in Iraq then. How did they overcome the US veto. You havnt the faintest clue what you are talking about.

Oh really, that would explain all the Chinese or Russian oil companies in Iraq then. How did they overcome the US veto. You havnt the faintest clue what you are talking about.

It is a fact US vetoed contracts in Iraq as to who could participate in tenders after the war...

As for now - I'd guess it is horse trading behind closed doors.

Pretty obvious what I'm talking about and the same applies to Libya...