Fx 2008

Well I'm not doing much but a link to Kathy Liens site ,she's alright ? Forex Blog | Currency Research | Kathy Lien Mind you sounds like she is buggering off for a couple o weeks too ? No wonder we getting skinny ranges ?

Caught this FX volumes report For uk,(from Kathy's site) alright for having an anoraking moment or 2 I thought :)

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/forex/fxjsc/fxturnresults080728.pdf

Mainly I was snooping about to find any info regarding summer volumes. A member mentioned it a couple weeks back, and just thinking if there is any published info regarding typical volume drop off periods or general summer easing..

complete lack of movement folks, euro only one firing off a trade for me so far post news.. cadchf attempting a sloppy move

all eyes to ISM at 3pm now

ISM didn't do much either. I was really hoping that the amount of news yesterday and today would shake things up a bit in the market but nothings happened. I've only had two trades all week - both on GBP/USD (both came in winners - which was nice :clap:) Apart from that it's been a really slow week.

I bet it will be a really good week next week - I go on holiday tomorrow! It's sod's law - everything will fire off on Monday and I'll miss it.......Ah well!:whistling

I bet it will be a really good week next week - I go on holiday tomorrow! It's sod's law - everything will fire off on Monday and I'll miss it.......Ah well!:whistling

Well if everyone didn't bugger off on holiday volumes might be sustained and interest keen ! I trust your going for a Long weekend only ? lol bahhhhh.

Take a laptop with ya !

Last edited:
was hopeing to see some movement myself

looking like we might see some late day movements as I'm typing, had a couple of small gains today but nothing like what I expected... ho hum

Where have the 300 pip NFP days gonce that we used to see a few years ago!!

Well worry not wait until well off working & middle class china start having a punt in the markets in the next few years . every little helps ?

Well if everyone didn't bugger off on holiday volumes might be sustained and interest keen ! I trust your going for a Long weekend only ? lol bahhhhh.

Take a laptop with ya !

'Fraid not, going for the whole week! But I am taking my laptop -though what reception there is half way up a mountain in the Lake District I'm not sure :LOL:

I'm just thinking back to last August - the markets certainly didn't hang around then and it turned out to be a really piptastic few weeks. Anyone else remember it??

'Fraid not, going for the whole week! But I am taking my laptop -though what reception there is half way up a mountain in the Lake District I'm not sure :LOL:

I'm just thinking back to last August - the markets certainly didn't hang around then and it turned out to be a really piptastic few weeks. Anyone else remember it??

hmm nice, hope the weather is kind for you. Keswick, Catbell's and the Pack Horse pub is a good combo , although in which order I wouldn't like to advise ! :LOL:

Nice moves on usd/jpy and gbp/usd this morning but i got out too early.

False breakout attempt on eur/usd completed a double top setup. Short since 80 but things only really get interesting if price stops chopping about and breaks cleanly past 47ish.

Wait and see...

[update: more chop due to trend line bounce. Best to wait for a more decisive breakout either long or short. Don't care which. ]

Last edited:
Just shorting the AUD/CAD now... still short EUR/USD GBP/USD... from last week.. the Euro is proving a tough nut to crack for the USD... But pending a shock from the BOE, Cable is done for lol....

False breakout attempt on eur/usd completed a double top setup. Short since 80 but things only really get interesting if price stops chopping about and breaks cleanly past 47ish.

Did you get whipsawed on the EUR/USD Rags? Could be painful :eek:

I was looking for a bargain vis a vis a long trade.

Does anyone know how to post charts from DailyFX? If so, please PM me instructions and I'll put one up to show what I'm looking for.

Did you get whipsawed on the EUR/USD Rags? Could be painful :eek:

I was looking for a bargain vis a vis a long trade.

Does anyone know how to post charts from DailyFX? If so, please PM me instructions and I'll put one up to show what I'm looking for.

Got hit by the short spike but recovered it when price moved past 602 to test resistance at 632 ish. Then called it a day since it was getting late. Choppiness smacks of manipulation or indecision....

Oh well.

Choppiness smacks of manipulation or indecision....

Too true :) I stayed out this morning because of the indecision.

What I was looking for: check out the chart below. We've intersected a trendline from just under a year ago, and I'm a bit tentative as to whether the market will honour this one or break it. A break down could get us back into the 1.5300's. Either way I'm looking for a bargain vis a vis a long and hopefully the market will tip it's hand pretty soon :) Today's action was well and truly neutral.

Attachments

• 4-08.gif
    4-08.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 160
Too true :) I stayed out this morning because of the indecision.

What I was looking for: check out the chart below. We've intersected a trendline from just under a year ago, and I'm a bit tentative as to whether the market will honour this one or break it. A break down could get us back into the 1.5300's. Either way I'm looking for a bargain vis a vis a long and hopefully the market will tip it's hand pretty soon :) Today's action was well and truly neutral.

There is a lot of confluence for a long on the daily charts. Price is finding support potentially:
- at the trendline
- at the 61.8% retracement from 13th June long
- at a pivot line (acted as S+R in the past)

But as you have said, the market needs to tip its hand 1st. A big daily pinbar pointing down would be nice tomorrow.;)

There is a lot of confluence for a long on the daily charts. Price is finding support potentially:
- at the trendline

But as you have said, the market needs to tip its hand 1st. A big daily pinbar pointing down would be nice tomorrow.;)

:) Sure would :)

Forgot about the Fib level - we're almost right on it!

THats it... Bought back EUR/USD & GBP/USD... still short AUD/CAD...

I will await Mr Bernake tonight whilst supping a cold one by the pool...

Holding GBPJPY short 212.43 from yest. eve. at the mo. Heading towards a Sir Francis straight . Still seems like its heavy in the water at the mo...see how it plays out from here 4-8 hours or so..

Holding GBPJPY short 212.43 from yest. eve. at the mo. Heading towards a Sir Francis straight . Still seems like its heavy in the water at the mo...see how it plays out from here 4-8 hours or so..

Yeah...... its difficult to see anything but downside for Cable at the mo.. I am also hoping the fed will make a clear statement then I will be back.. It would be nice to hear B Bernake talk like Glenn Stevens and give a clear signal as the the next move.. but I suppose it will be the usual cryptic's

- at the trendline

Is the 1hr chart 'spiky' enough for you Rags? Into minor support at 1.5465 - but the market still hasn't tipped it's hand.