Fx 2008

Makeway for fannie, fannie's coming through.... (scary movie 2)

I got Fannie'd too :cheesy:

Got out Thurs pm banking 76 pips on EUR/USD - another 200 or so if I'd have stayed in. But what can ya' do? It's not every day that we find out that people are stupid and businesses, banks and governments have been shafting them in order to look good and receive large bonuses....er....

hello gumpig yeah..... it aint so bad, as long as you play consistant ,aim to rake in the chip's daily , then it doesn't really matter.that old gbpjpy has been in yoyo mode for a good couple of weeks.. see which way it busts out 209.50-213.50.

if i held into friday i could see a long from 211.00 but i cut and run with a stack of chips.... , i dont know if the fx boys are wound down by 12.30-1pm on fridays or what ?? i dont want to be holding late friday afternoon preying for normal market cycles...!
As it happend fannie going down for as long and hard as it did kept the pressure clamped on tight into the avo....... but i just couldn't take it any more!!

monday will be here soon enough....

Yeah with the banks plenty bargains below book value! things is whats the book value gonna be next week ? :LOL:

hmm whats gonna happen when the Vix hits 30 are we gonna get a huuuuge rally ? its gotta be at 30 ish now ?? near enough, maybe these stocks will rocket up today few hundred ??

Bloomberg presenters are off the scale ,most of them have turned out in black today !?

C'mon Bernanke... Lift them dollars...... i'm gonna hide behind the sofa though, just in case.....

why cant all days be like the past 2?
easy trends, followed by slow, neat, trend changes without the choppy wrong-footing behaviour we tend to get.
apart from this afternoons spike UP on GU and EU, the trend up changed beautifully from up this AM to down.
lovely.
EU was a joy to behold. just nice straight, gentle slope down, with multiple rejoins if you missed the first signal.
best 2 days in a long, long time.
time for tea. I think I will have an extra biscuit today.

spoke too soon.
apart from EJ, the others (GU and EU) have gone back to their choppy selves.

a loser morning for me. this mornings losses made more bearable by the farrago that is spanish89.
its cost me money. but with a smile on my face.

compartment this morning. have some lunch. and trade the afternoon as a fresh new page in my journal.

Decoding the markets.

Whats the equivilant of phallic for the female ? Well, i see a bloody big one of them! Wifes not even in the States yet, and I'm seeing "filth" already.:LOL:

wwqr9.png

Tech in focus today on equities, Microsoft and Google gave the bears something to feed off after close along with Merrill. And with Friday's recently being the major down days on the US indices taking FX positions which are correlated with this are possibly wise.. I like the short USD/JPY right now :)

Why have all the majors just gone bezerk at 1130 BST. No news was released at this time?
I'm not complaining mind, as i wasn't actually in a trade, or about to trade at that moment.

might of been citi group news, although my sat, signal has dropped off ! But just caught a snippet.. blah blah futures turn higher ...... :)

So, no TV here at the mo...... looks like i wont get my Quincy fix.... bahh..

Citi beat analysts estimates by 20% but in fact the market was expecting a downside surprise. This news pushed the S&P futures through the significant bear/bull market level of 1263 thats why we are having a sharp rally. Short EUR/HUF seems to be a good trade!

Still think most currencies are in a range. esp look at usdjpy rejected all the fibs in the 108 area and now targeting 104 ish. Looking like a channel formation developing. Also EURJPY possible triple top. Momentum looks overdone.

All in all though best thoughts now are still with sell GBPUSD at these elevated levels with stop 2.01. iS clear that UK will not raise rates to combat inflation and the govt are adding to the govt debt (see all UK press today). this breaking of rules plus the likleyhood of very poor retail sales next week should see GBPusd attack 1.94 supports again. Consumer being squeezed rapidly and lets face it the ONS figures from last month of 3.5% are almost certain to be revised down too!

Cheers (this is my first post)

Was trading a demo account, and glad I was today. Seeded like every time I entered a trend it moved my way , ten,fifteen minutes, then reversed. Lost my profit for the week.Took down my shingle and will wait for next week.

Every Day SIX Feet above ground
is a GOOD Day!

Was trading a demo account, and glad I was today. Seeded like every time I entered a trend it moved my way , ten,fifteen minutes, then reversed. Lost my profit for the week.Took down my shingle and will wait for next week.

Every Day SIX Feet above ground
is a GOOD Day
!

:-0 do you levitate?

or do you mean "NOT six feet under ground"? :cheesy:

welcome to the asylum. (y)

with 10 mins to go, the GBPUSD hourly bar is forming a very small bar at the top of two long hourly bars.

I dont play patterns, but might be good breakout from inside-bar type trade.

What a corker! EUR/USD dropping like a stone! the latest 4h candle is 150 pts down.

In long at 1.5800 - I wasn't expecting this sort of drop!

Is 1.5782 going to hold?

I see a spinning top candle on 4hr (8am-12), sign of indecision.
There is a 15 min pinbar at 12:00 though.

Nasty spiky day today. I wish the market movers would make their minds up.

Cool :)

I'm watching this pair now to see what happens - it's been range-bound for a while - we'll see what US open does for it :)

EUR/USD appears to be rallying - but that can change :eek:

FX market turnover soars

Category: Industry news

Tags: cable, eur/usd, usd/yen

The Foreign Exchange market continues to thrive with UK average daily turnover up to $1.82 trillion in the six months to April. This represents a rise of 54% from a year earlier. All of the major currencies lost maket share as emerging market activity increased. The most heavily traded currency pair was Euro/dollar with 29% of total turnover, followed some way in the distance by Cable at 12% and Dollar/Yen at 11%. Obviously this increase in volume should mean that you get tighter spreads, increased depth and better stops from now on?!

Source: Reuters FXHub

Good to see the important things are still thriving!