Fx 2008

cable, looks like a bit of pinhead action coming off support(y)see what happens from here if it holds the upper block, quite tight, holding a phat long gbpjpy off 209.83 here at the mo (y)

01vf6.png

Hi does anyone know why cable jumped 60 odd pips from 1.30pm?

Institutional buying?

Cheers.

good example of Sup/Res working, as it ran down to 1.9895 or so this morning, and jumped upwards again.
that level was the highs of last Thursday, and Friday saw it finally breach after a retrace.
Yesterday and today seemed to regard that previous Res as new Sup.

I, of course, completely missed it.

good example of Sup/Res working, as it ran down to 1.9895 or so this morning, and jumped upwards again.
that level was the highs of last Thursday, and Friday saw it finally breach after a retrace.
Yesterday and today seemed to regard that previous Res as new Sup.

I, of course, completely missed it.

following from this, GBPUSD is back to that 1.9890 zone again.
this mornings high, so far, was lower than yesterdays high at this time.
although the morning session isnt over, and a lower-high, does that mean this Sup area is due to break to the downside in the near future?

yesterdays high after bounce odd sup=2.0000 region.
wait to see when this euro-session is over.

if the breach of 1.9890 is genuine, ie, not a deep spike down before going higher, is next Support at 1.9770? (from Jun-20th)

if the breach of 1.9890 is genuine, ie, not a deep spike down before going higher, is next Support at 1.9770? (from Jun-20th)

Yes.. GBP-USD seems exhausted.

Someone posted a convincing bull-flag chart y'day for EUR-USD

Looks like it might break 1.6 soon.

Of course no trades till the interest rate announcement today!

Alpari /MT4.

I have data gaps this morning. between 3-am and 7-am.
my WHC platform shows data in these times.

anyone else getting these data-gaps?

has the 1.9890 sup broken then?

(the blue trendline is top-to-top; the purple line represents closes at tops joined, as some like to use ;) )

cant get a handle on the 1.9845 low of yesterday, except fall was arrested in (bottom of) last Thursdays US-session, which was pretty tight and rangey.

todays low, so far, was also stopped at last Thursdays US-session low.
yesterdays US-session high was also the approx 61.8% retrace of the big downmove, starting fron 2.0005.

I was too busy watching my indicators to notice the above at the time.

hope you have a good week. I am off trading till Monday, which will be 7/7 anniversary.

Attachments

• supres-jul03.jpg
    supres-jul03.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 154
I see dead indicators.....

Does this qualify as a ghost?
the peaks seem far apart, and I would have expected them to be closer together, so not sure if it a real ghost.

Attachments

• ghost_cci.jpg
    ghost_cci.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 165
supres: EJ: (really good morning, as EURJPY gives up 45 pips to me before I even finished my first cup of tea.)

although I can see the SupRes points on EJ, marked in Aqua, the possibility of a reversal or continuation, I believe, is indeterminate. (I am assuming I have got the line right.)

The yellow ellipses show where the bar, after hitting the SupRes point, reverses away from the SupRes line sufficiently for the trader to consider it a reversal rather than a continuation.
this is not to deride SupRes, merely to show, in this snapshot, that of the 7 instances of reaching SupRes, 3 instances could wrongfoot the trader.
obviously, the amount you are right are more important than how often you are right.

having lines that project forward are clearly useful as reaction points. but, when you allow wiggle room at the current SupRes line, and the next SupRes line, you have sometimes a 1:1 or 2:1 reward-to-risk.

have good day - I know I will.

EDIT: spoke too soon. the EURUSD gave a LONG trigger, and I have now exited for -20. so +25 up, not 45. never mind..

Attachments

• supres_ej.jpg
    supres_ej.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
can you have a "Ghost" that straddles the Zero-Line?
Or am I seeing things?
The CCI-trendline breaks (at Zero-Line as well) a few bars earlier, so there is grouping of events.

Attachments

• cci-002.jpg
    cci-002.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 154
usd/jpy

usd/jpy : R2R I know u r a sh** trader but I'm feeling generous today. All you have to do is follow the trading plan and collect the free pips.:D

R2R: (ungrateful V sign gesture) up urs! I want to take 5 pips out of a 100 pip move!:(

(n)
18.5 pips for the day. Have a good weekend - I hope u caught the move. I need to lie down.....

Yeah, I left some piplies behind by the looks short gbpjpy 211.95 from this Am I came out into the new lows, but didnt hang about. I'm twitchy on fridays around lunch and happy to buy out into weakness.

Still , its nearly miller time... then bring on next week.... (y)

P.S. I've not seen Fannie go down this fast in the morning ,since I was 15 outside the school gym !:cheesy:

good weekend.

Yeah, I left some piplies behind by the looks short gbpjpy 211.95 from this Am I came out into the new lows, but didnt hang about. I'm twitchy on fridays around lunch and happy to buy out into weakness.

Still , its nearly miller time... then bring on next week.... (y)

P.S. I've not seen Fannie go down this fast in the morning ,since I was 15 outside the school gym !:cheesy:

good weekend.

I got Fannie'd too :cheesy:

Got out Thurs pm banking 76 pips on EUR/USD - another 200 or so if I'd have stayed in. But what can ya' do? It's not every day that we find out that people are stupid and businesses, banks and governments have been shafting them in order to look good and receive large bonuses....er....