Going down like a .............. :cheesy:

Attachments

• st-whale.gif
    st-whale.gif
    91.3 KB · Views: 833
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 167
Made 257.89 percent in 2007 trading the markets. That was BAD made over 350% in 2006, I'm slacking :)
Follow the trend my friend, but it can change, occasionally :) Happy trading.

BTW that chart is going SIDEWAYS ....Don't trade it!

yah money is in the BIG swing....Mr Livermore
Made over 100 million in stock market crash of 1929.

Cheers for the heads up knucklehead...

The trend is your friend till the bend at the end! :cheesy:

Stops in tight and happy days!

Well the H&S got halted by the trendline but it was a good run down to it at least. Nice couple hundred pips.

did GBPUSD just gap down from 1.9685 to 1.9644 or so?

news again! (Retail Sales, m/m RED) but this time, I was out!! ha-ha-ha-ha!!

shocking retail sales number there.

I just got shhhherrrllliipped to 46! Ouch, have to get on the phone like a whining noobie n c if thay give me some o my dosh back! It seemed to work back in tha day i was a whining noobie! lol :clap:

did GBPUSD just gap down from 1.9685 to 1.9644 or so?

news again! (Retail Sales, m/m RED) but this time, I was out!! ha-ha-ha-ha!!

I dont usually want to know about economic data as I trade solely based on the price but I was long gpbusd from 1.9704 earlier and closed for a loss of -20 before the report came out as I got a strong short signal for gbpchf which I took, saw it gap like 60+ points in seconds. Perhaps I should start looking out for data...:cheesy:

gbp...as screenshot

as screenshot.

former bids /thursday's lo, in the 9605-90 area with 23.6% of the total down move from yesterdays highs comes in at 9616, the 23.6% of the intraday Uk data inspired down move at 9600 area.

Attachments

• tline.gif
    tline.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 170
just thought :idea:

does anybody believe in the "gaps get filled" notion?
does this apply to FX, although I have only heard of it in stocks.

There aren't really that many, although they do occasionally happen. Obviously I'm only talking about 1 hr plus charts here - sure there can be some on short term charts, but those don't really count. And personally I don't subscribe to the premise that they have to get filled, but I do believe that it's usually significant when they do.

My $0.02

GJ

Hi GJ

you previously indicated somewhere, what i interpreted as - you consider technical analysis/charts less important in forex than in other financial markets such as stocks, index futures, commodities etc. Is this your belief?

If so, is the absence of volume data in spot forex part of the reason for your belief?

What other reasons are there that have led you to form this opinion?

Cheers.

just thought :idea:

does anybody believe in the "gaps get filled" notion?
does this apply to FX, although I have only heard of it in stocks.

I dont think it makes much difference. Im guessing your talking about the overnight gaps in stocks? Todays gap was kneejerk reaction to bad news. If it gets 'filled' id say its got more to do with cable being cheap atm. imo :whistling

for what it's worth, view from the other side of the fence is that charts don't have a whole lot to do with it today. Everything's geared up to schizophrenic micro analysis of company results, the next tick in the S+P etc, and it's connotations for general, market wide risk appetite. Carry trades are gyrating in turn with this and it really is this, above all else, that's been driving the FX markets today, trust me.

It's been a pretty silly market today and while people trading v short term may be making a few quid out of it (and I hope you all are) good chance that there's no method to the madness today.

Just my $0.02 as always - good luck all.

GJ

This gave me the impression. It seems that you were specifically referring to wednesday though. My apologies :).

todays gap -cable

Hi, Im pretty new to this so please forgive a basic question here-(particularly on a friday night!)

Can someone help me with gaps please?

I placed a short order this morning first thing on cable at 1.9662. This was with finspreads and alpari. My take profit was 20 pips away.

I know the market gapped down but with alpari my orders were filled and my profit target reached.

With finspreads the same trade was opened and closed at the entry for a cost neutral trade.

I dont really follow this and wonder whether some kind Soul could shed some light on this?

anticipated thanks

Mark

Hi, Im pretty new to this so please forgive a basic question here-(particularly on a friday night!)

Can someone help me with gaps please?

I placed a short order this morning first thing on cable at 1.9662. This was with finspreads and alpari. My take profit was 20 pips away.

I know the market gapped down but with alpari my orders were filled and my profit target reached.

With finspreads the same trade was opened and closed at the entry for a cost neutral trade.

I dont really follow this and wonder whether some kind Soul could shed some light on this?

anticipated thanks

Mark

Hey Mark,

Unfortunately theres not a lot you can do about gaps - there could be loads of different reasons why you got filled from one company and not the next -
Believe it or not - gaps arent actually " THAT " common - (if you want to see GAPS , have a look at High Grade Copper, or daily light US Crude )- :eek:

Hey Mark,

Unfortunately theres not a lot you can do about gaps - there could be loads of different reasons why you got filled from one company and not the next -
Believe it or not - gaps arent actually " THAT " common - (if you want to see GAPS , have a look at High Grade Copper, or daily light US Crude )- :eek:

In fact, no, it might put you off for life - stick with the cable :p

Going down like a .............. :cheesy:

...and so it continues...... Shame my 'hare and tortoise' was a tad over leveraged! :devilish:

Attachments

• and on.gif
    and on.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • and on and on.gif
    and on and on.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 156
  • you get the picture........gif
    you get the picture........gif
    36 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
"Don't say I don't tell you everything........!"

simple 250 pips for anyone who traded it... :)

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    36.3 KB · Views: 157
  • you get the picture........gif
    you get the picture........gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 137
simple 250 pips for anyone who traded it... :)

I would have traded it, but -
Once I'd finished going through a list of 100 or so currency pairs, in order to find out which ccy pair you are posting screenshots of, the ship had already set sail :LOL:.

Last edited: