FX-2008: w/c Jan-28th

trendie

Legendary member
new week, new scandals, new rogues.
have a profitable trading week, dont work too hard and remember to get some exercise.

new week, new scandals, new rogues.
have a profitable trading week, dont work too hard and remember to get some exercise.

Hi,

Seemed a big move on Cable overnight- 148 pips on my spreadsheet, its now moving at a snails pace- possibly waiting for the US market to open, I have orders either side of the range although the long side is looking more likely at this stage

M

Hi,

Seemed a big move on Cable overnight- 148 pips on my spreadsheet, its now moving at a snails pace- possibly waiting for the US market to open, I have orders either side of the range although the long side is looking more likely at this stage

M

Do you mean to buy / sell the breakout? :eek:

Edit: reading that back its not to clear. I mean the breakout of the range. ie long out the top, short out the bottom.

Last edited:
Do you mean to buy / sell the breakout? :eek:

Edit: reading that back its not to clear. I mean the breakout of the range. ie long out the top, short out the bottom.

Hi darktone,

sorry- should have made it clearer- had orders either side of the overnight range but as it was I didn't like the look of the way it was moving so cancelled them both about 3.00pm.

tomorrows another day!

M

Hi,

I've followed these weekly threads for a little while and have found them really helpful but not really contributed to them- this week all seems quiet though

I have Cable moving up above a 30 WMA on the daily charts this week but not with any degree of conviction and on the 30 min charts that I tend to look at I havent seen any clear movements- even around the 8.00am time there isnt much going on

Has anyone else any thoughts on this week?

rgds,

M

Eur/usd was ****-poor today. A good time to take a swing trade if you can guess which way it will go tomorrow, I guess.

Eur/usd was ****-poor today. A good time to take a swing trade if you can guess which way it will go tomorrow, I guess.

IMHO I think that everyone is waiting for the FOMC decision this evening. The markets might well be dead before then unless people start second-guessing the decision.

IMHO I think that everyone is waiting for the FOMC decision this evening. The markets might well be dead before then unless people start second-guessing the decision.

Hey A_g, good to read you again...do you still have your vebo variant cooking in the background?

Hey A_g, good to read you again...do you still have your vebo variant cooking in the background?

Hi Chow,
Good to hear from you. What are you up to these days? My V.V. is still there in the background though I working on something else at present. Are you still trading your version?

Hi Chow,
Good to hear from you. What are you up to these days? My V.V. is still there in the background though I working on something else at present. Are you still trading your version?

Began trading fulltime at the end of last year, finally, after 5+ years trial & error! I still have a simplified auto breakout running, tied to weekly chart cycles - helps smooth the curve.

I'm trading just GBP/USD at the moment through London and a few US hours. Trading the flow, nothing complicated. Still need my brown trousers occasionally, but generally keep myself out of trouble.

How are things with you?

poor week with regards to posts on this thread.

may have to have a poll on next weeks as to whetehr we want to continue the thread.would be a shame not to continue with them.

maybe we should encourage trading calls without analysis, just to get the interest up again.

good to see you again on these boards, ChowClown, and that you have started full-timing it. scary, isnt it!

Sorry, trendie, my analysis is quite basic. No, I tell a lie. It's VERY basic. Check fast moving averages on H1, check for 50 and 00 support or resistance, open in direction of major trend. 1 trade a day, 2 max. Simple but about 250 pips in a week. I'd like to do more and get more trades but every time I try, I end up losing money. I am not clever enough to scalp successfully and consistently. *chews straw out of corner of mouth*

Morning Trendie, happy to contribute in quieter moments - just trading cable this week has been quite lean (for me at least), although took +50 yesterday in the jink up mid morning.

+10 so far today off a 5min long trendline break at 7:10ish.

Happy to job up and down this morning until they kick it around later.

gbpusd

Monthly 'pinbar' in cable (made famous in another thread,) see chart attached.

Attachments

• mthly.gif
    mthly.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 150
the last few weeks have been poor
but i live in hope
people are no going to post if they cannot trade and make money
I just do other things, no point in sitting in front of the screens all day for very little

Began trading fulltime at the end of last year, finally, after 5+ years trial & error! I still have a simplified auto breakout running, tied to weekly chart cycles - helps smooth the curve.

I'm trading just GBP/USD at the moment through London and a few US hours. Trading the flow, nothing complicated. Still need my brown trousers occasionally, but generally keep myself out of trouble.

How are things with you?

Respect due, Chow, if you're trading full-time and making a living from it! I'm mostly doing research at the moment and then letting someone else automate and trade the strategies - it's a lot less hassle and no brown trousers required! Having said that I rather miss getting to grips with the markets so I'm doing a bit of trading on BetFair with the horses!