• Less

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Stay

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Go

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
article-1083606-002178E300000578-16_468x286.jpg

Actually, I think it's less than 10 people.

You might be right, but you need to consider what percentage of the total active membership that number represents.

Eliminate t2w staff and mods, eliminate the known vendors with and without badges, and eliminate the short term scammers and there's not a lot of people left.

Of the ones who are left, how many like a bit of banter ? (practically 100% ?), and how many will engage in d lulz under the appropriate circumstances (80% ?)

After extensive research it can be revealed that T2W only has 43 members, ten of which are dead. A little birdie also tells me that lulz will be replaced with an exclusive Never Loose Again (TM) tarding room run by Bike Magadaddasloopie in conjunction with Black Fookin Swan.

Something interesting, I think you can access this data on the site too, I never access the forum on a pc unless I post a chart which is rare. More online than we think although most never participate. Must be scared of the banter. Let's face it T2W pops out honary banter diplomas all the time
d4b78008-6194-3d63.jpg

more online than we think? Nope I reckon 0.003% of what's advertised is about right.

I dont reckon peole are scared of the banter. I reckon 40% of those are looking at threads about getting scammed by boiler rooms, 20% are scamming boiler rooms, 20% scumbags or wannabe scumbags, 10% analist types, 10% regular only (of which 3% banter).

more online than we think? Nope I reckon 0.003% of what's advertised is about right.

I dont reckon peole are scared of the banter. I reckon 40% of those are looking at threads about getting scammed by boiler rooms, 20% are scamming boiler rooms, 20% scumbags or wannabe scumbags, 10% analist types, 10% regular only (of which 3% banter).

According to more research, 138% of statistics are made up.

It seems that the New Terror has begun. Recent deletion activities are strongly reminiscent of the Burning of Books in China in 213 BC. members will doubtless be able to think of other parallels. I am sure we can expect more purges as the regime grows bolder.

I fear the end swiftly approaches.

Personally I think the decline will be a long and protracted affair.

There's something of a parallel between the current situation in which t2w finds itself and Nero fiddling whilst Rome burned. I think its now widely believed that Nero didn't actually play the violin, but he was almost certainly responsible for starting the fires as he wanted to make room to build a new palace. We have similar destruction to content to make way for a new and improved t2w, but little visible progress towards that goal, nor even any concrete proposals as to how this might be achieved.

I could understand and even support the action if the situation was such that lulzy threads where damaging the sites reputation, and distracting from quality content. The problem is, the closest thing to trading related content is being generated in those particular threads, and unfortunately, in many cases the baby is being thrown out with the bath water. The only other content being generated recently has been gratuitous spam, or vendor sponsored articles of dubious quality (albeit slightly better than some we've seen in the past)

Someone is going to have to take the lead in improving content. I would argue you cant do that just by deleting quality lulz and banter, which is quite clearly enjoyed by many, and leaving bland uninteresting spam. It destroys what little sense of community the site retains. It was a bad call, and unless Steve can justify that call, in my opinion at least, his integrity, and t2w will suffer.

If you have to remove content that you believe is offensive at least try to replace the gap with an alternative, and an example of the type of content that you'd like to see. You need to set an example, and the lack of clear leadership and direction is at least partially responsible for the vacuum, which gets filled with lulz, and lulz begets lulz etc.

Whilst I appreciate that the management team might want to play their cards close to their chest until 100% in a position to deliver on promises, surely some communication that things are on track and going to plan is required ?

It seems that the New Terror has begun. Recent deletion activities are strongly reminiscent of the Burning of Books in China in 213 BC. members will doubtless be able to think of other parallels. I am sure we can expect more purges as the regime grows bolder.

you do make me chuckle leopardo :LOL: I hope you are enjoying your little break.

hare

the lulz is like a gently simmering stewpot casting forth an enjoyable background aroma. Occasionally someone turns up the gas and the pot boils over when it's on with the marigolds to clean up the mess.

hare

the lulz is like a gently simmering stewpot casting forth an enjoyable background aroma. Occasionally someone turns up the gas and the pot boils over when it's on with the marigolds to clean up the mess.

That's a reasonable analogy, and probably an ideal state of affairs to aim for.

At the moment, teh lulz provides a pleasant background aroma which is usefully masking the stench of a torrent of spam and "intelligent nonsense". However, there will come a time when that stench can no longer be masked.

At the moment, teh lulz provides a pleasant background aroma which is usefully masking the stench of a torrent of spam and "intelligent nonsense". However, there will come a time when that stench can no longer be masked.
Errr, how about you stop posting it then; problem solved!