• Less

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Stay

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Go

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Nothing Jon, you've missed nothing.
There's a new teacher in the playground and all the naughty children are getting an insy winsy bit concerned that they're gonna get 6 of the best!
:LOL:

Really Timsk, you do yourself no favours with this kind of post. :LOL:

I have already stated that I believe the punishments will be capital rather than corporal.

Nothing Jon, you've missed nothing.
There's a new teacher in the playground and all the naughty children are getting an insy winsy bit concerned that they're gonna get 6 of the best!
:LOL:

I really find it amazing that this is your view given the absolutely farcical nature of this place and especially recent events :LOL:

I'm just wondering whether Steve will like people to talk about trading and associated things such as economics, statistics, financial and economic analysis, linear and non-linear regressive relationships, proper TA etc as well as having a laugh or he's happy for the place to continue spawning a mass of nonsense and idiotic musings, monthly blow up competitions, snake-oil logistics and the other blx that the boards are filled with.

As content manager have you discussed with Steve that there seems to be 70%+ thread containing tripe at any given moment and what actions you are going to take to rectify the problem from a historical perspective as well as going forward?

It's the message and not eh delivery that's important, Timsk. I'm not staff or mod, squire.

If I'm going to be completely honest, I have a bit of an internet addiction atm so my inevitable banning from here would probably be in my best interests anyway. I'm just curious to see what excuse T2W will give :)

Last edited:
hmmmm...

So what did you lot do? Draw a moving average from Sharky to Steve, see a Fibonacci retracement and then decide to short T2W?

Seems to me there is very little information to make an informed decision.

Still - if the only tools you have are a box of matches and a stake, every CEO is gonna look like a witch...

well, i'd like to develop my reading skills :)

:LOL:(y)

Blimey, lep, how on earth do you draw any of those conclusions from what Steve has said so far? I would have replied the same to hare, but I know that's a lost cause since he's been marching up and down the street for years with his "end of the world is nigh" placard held high :)

All I've seen so far, his history posts aside, is a recognition of the vendor problem and commitment to get it sorted out with help from members. What have I missed?

jon

Well, obviously I don't know, and in fairness I did say that we will have to wait and see. But there are a few worrying signs.

One is T2W's answer to the vendor problem (which it has long acknowledged). It is to appoint an ex(?) vendor! This has something of a Carry On flavour to it. Or it would do, except that Sharky made a fairly long introduction for Steve, without mentioning this (I would have thought fairly interesting) fact. So perhaps the flavour is more 1984.

Either way, one has to at least wonder where sympathies will lie.

Then there is the question of T2W's revenue. Leaving aside our ongoing debate, we can probably agree that it has carried ads etc from some iffy people and outfits in the past. This is just the nature of the trading industry, and is inevitable if you are going to carry trading ads and so on. It's fine I suppose for most people, but how can a magistrate be associated with such a thing? Unless T2W is planning to ditch its current revenue stream, he must know that there is a strong possibility that he will head up an organisation that has some very serious problems in this regard.

Then there's the article. To be fair, Steve has distanced himself from this, and frankly, less said, soonest mended.

There were the questions I put to him - very simple and straightforward I would have though. Again to be fair, he has said that he intends to respond after some thought. I thought it a bit odd - I'm not sure what there is to think about. Now this may be unfair, but I did at least wonder whether the long posts he made were perhaps an attempt to avoid the questions in the hope that I would go away or get banned before he had to answer them. Like I say, I could be totally wrong about this, and he has stated that he will come back on them.

But it is still odd. He gave us a long biography up to the present, including a statement that he was at one point making most of his income from trading. But he did not say what the situation was now, despite being asked that directly and acknowledging the question. Why leave that out? Just little things like that in the biographical posts, possibly nothing, but enough to get me wondering.

There are a few other things, but that's probably enough for now.

Like I said though, I'm speculating, have made no accusations, and we will have to wait and see.

I'm not saying anything about Steve, I'm just interested to know his views and such. Specifically, what he thinks of the current state of affairs. I'm just wondering whether we'll be getting honest discussion and opinion from a man or a corporate statement from a ceo.

Look at the post Timsk just made for instance. To me, the fact that he's lowered his veil of professionalism shows that he believes that certain things are going to go his way in the near future. He's very happy about something... something is going to happen :)

Something else I wonder, will Steve oblige in allowing members to elect to have their posts deleted?

So what did you lot do? Draw a moving average from Sharky to Steve, see a Fibonacci retracement and then decide to short T2W?

Seems to me there is very little information to make an informed decision.

I've been short t2w for the last couple of years (it was a very clear setup)

I must have missed the retracement ! this thing has been making new lows for months

You are partially correct, there is very little information, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong. However, some of us make a living by taking decisions based on limited information, and we tend to get quite good at it after a while.

I must have missed the retracement ! this thing has been making new lows for months

You are partially correct, there is very little information, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong. However, some of us make a living by taking decisions based on limited information, and we tend to get quite good at it after a while.

Another post that makes a nonsense of your claim to post nothing of value.

You're in danger of becoming T2W's most serious member. :LOL:

geez. give the guy a break he has only just come into the job. everyone deserves a chance.

I get the impression that whatever the guy does some people will jump on him

just trying to bring a little balance in here.

..........Then there is the question of T2W's revenue. Leaving aside our ongoing debate, we can probably agree that it has carried ads etc from some iffy people and outfits in the past. This is just the nature of the trading industry, and is inevitable if you are going to carry trading ads and so on. It's fine I suppose for most people, but how can a magistrate be associated with such a thing? Unless T2W is planning to ditch its current revenue stream, he must know that there is a strong possibility that he will head up an organisation that has some very serious problems in this regard............

lep

ok - I have picked up on just one bit and I daresay Steve will have his own thing to say on that.

From my perspective I don't think T2W has knowingly carried ads from the fraudulent, albeit that I know "due diligence" has been proved to be lacking in the past. To say that a magistrate cannot head up an organisation that sometimes falls foul of such things is, I think, stretching it a bit.

It really comes back to the point about whether there are reputable companies out their, operating within the law and with reasonable honesty and integrity. I think there are plenty, others take the view that they are all tarnished.

The second and maybe even more major point is whether there is a balance to be found between commercial interest and members interest. Some take the view that is impossible. I don't share that view and I do think there is a reasonable balance to be found and I hope it is.

jon

From my perspective I don't think T2W has knowingly carried ads from the fraudulent, albeit that I know "due diligence" has been proved to be lacking in the past. To say that a magistrate cannot head up an organisation that sometimes falls foul of such things is, I think, stretching it a bit.

How can you say that when one rebate partner has already been fined and the other is currently being investigated for fraudulent practices? It's not like nobody knew that, the forex.com fine was in October 2010 and there was a thread about it here from January 2011.

To say it was due to a mistake in carrying out due diligence is like saying the dog ate your homework.

It really comes back to the point about whether there are reputable companies out their, operating within the law and with reasonable honesty and integrity. I think there are plenty, others take the view that they are all tarnished.

If there are "plenty" perhaps you could name a few.

It really comes back to the point about whether there are reputable companies out their, operating within the law and with reasonable honesty and integrity.

So why are they so damned hard to find when you're selling advertising or partner offers and setting up a forex rebate scheme?

lep

ok - I have picked up on just one bit and I daresay Steve will have his own thing to say on that.

I don't accuse T2W of knowingly doing such things, nor do I think that the staff / mods are evil people hell bent on defrauding the gullible.

But I do think that it is simply in the nature of the industry that if a website is to derive significant revenue from sources such as retail 'brokers' (bucket shops), training providers, system vendors and so on it is highly likely that it will play a significant role in promoting many unsavoury outfits. The industry is simply rife with them. Given that in my view it is going to impossible in practical terms (using the current model) to run things without deriving revenue from sources that may well be fraudulent, I honestly don't know how a magistrate can head up such an organisation.

I am trying to express myself carefully here, you understand. But put simply, in my view if you are going to partner with bucket shops and trainers / vendors, you are 99.99% certain to get mixed up with a lot of wrong 'uns. This is OK I suppose for most people, but in my opinion a magistrate should be a lot more careful about such things. He may have a plan to deal with this matter of course, he may simply disagree with my opinion.

There are plenty, of course. But of what type are they, and how much do they spend on advertising? Honest brokerages for serious traders, and good but reasonably priced platforms (for example) probably do not have to put a lot into promotion, because their service sells itself. I doubt there is much revenue to be had from such sources.

The second and maybe even more major point is whether there is a balance to be found between commercial interest and members interest. Some take the view that is impossible. I don't share that view and I do think there is a reasonable balance to be found and I hope it is.

Is Scose's idea (just having general advertising) not feasible, and has it been investigated? Do you think it an option worth pursuing?

jon

I've had 90% of my funds in T2W Iron Condors for the past 2 years and I'm making a complete killing.

What could possibly go wrong?

That & the fact that being around trading is enough to turn anyone into a full blown cynic.

I can't watch CNBC any more without feeling dirty afterwards.

That & the fact that being around trading is enough to turn anyone into a full blown cynic.

I think that's a very fair point.

I just checked the results of this poll. Only 7 people cared enough to express an opinion ! (and most of them voted for the more lulz option)

I'm sure t2w staff would defend this by suggesting people are not interested in a thread in the jokes and humor section, but I do wonder what the turnout would be in an official poll sanctioned by t2w. I suspect a similar level of interest, and I suspect that any official poll would return results contrary to what the management of t2w want to hear.

Its time to stop pussy footing around, decide what you want t2w to be, announce it so those in agreement can lend a hand, and those against can bugger off elsewhere, and then just get on and implement it.

Last edited:
I put the thread in the foyer. The mods (Timsk) moved it to the Jokes & Humour. I wonder why their rebates and reviews aren't there also?

Is it counted as spamming if we post a link to this poll over all the threads? It's all internal innit.

The mods (Timsk) moved it to the Jokes & Humour.

To be fair to Tim, he's only doing his job, and at many other places it would have been deleted.

Its probably worth pointing out the obvious, just because a thread is moved to the jokes and humor section does not make it any less serious. Most people have the intelligence to realize that and can generally work out why its occurring.