Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Less

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Stay

• Go

• Total voters
I wonder if Steve is thinking ' what the X%^! have I done getting involved in this site for ' yet ? Tea and China spring to mind. I like a challenge like the next man but prefer to pick those I can win (hi-probabaility) - isn't trading just a microcosm of life though !? - well for some anyway.

G/L

s'with all the chin waggin', ya tarts?

vote in the poll and then gtfo... we'll have some idea whether the new t2w and new ceo should embrace lulz in future or come down with the ban hammer and try to steer things away from lulz and vendors and back to trading.

I wonder if Steve is thinking ' what the X%^! have I done getting involved in this site for ' yet ? Tea and China spring to mind. I like a challenge like the next man but prefer to pick those I can win (hi-probabaility) - isn't trading just a microcosm of life though !? - well for some anyway.

G/L

I bet Steve is thinking "What the .... is going on?". All I can say is, don't worry, give it time. It will soon be as clear as slapoopies.

To be fair to him, he's come out strong. That could be the zeitgeist in our industry, the kind of thing that top female decision makers at SB firms do. But maybe he should have flown under the radar instead? Like a consistently profitable trader who grabs pips off the smalls, or one pair, 2hr TF, 40 pip target circa 20 pip stop.

Either way, he's got a lot to deal with, what with all the subterranean damaged ........multinic.........around here. If he gets tired of them, he should go for a bike ride, or have a swim. Kinell bud mate bud, that's not rocket science is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine Steve expected just this. It's not as if he'd have taken the position without having a good long look @ the site and getting an understanding of the 'herd'.

G/L

I doubt he's in any way surprised at this.

It's not as if he didn't have a look @ T2W before signing up.

You know what?

It always pays dividends to have people underestimate you, your intelligence, your abilities and your street smarts.

You know what?

It always pays dividends to have people underestimate you, your intelligence, your abilities and your street smarts.

I dont think there's a particular need to ingratiate yourself with t2w's new management. I suspect you provide exactly what they are looking for. Non of the parties involved should take that as an insult because it isn't meant to be.

I dont think there's a particular need to ingratiate yourself with t2w's new management. I suspect you provide exactly what they are looking for. Non of the parties involved should take that as an insult because it isn't meant to be.

You are always very fair and very kind, despite the abuse you endure at the hands of the regime. :D

Not meant to be an insult? It would be from me :LOL:.

Well I have it on good authority that Steve is no fan of lulz... What he thinks lulz will be replaced with I have no idea but I look forward to seeing the result.

Teh Scose has also received an infraction for jokingly calling someone a naughty word... :cry:

Looks like the end is nigh folks. Hope everyone likes £500 day courses and trading by eye.

Te amore, tout la monde... Te amore

The Beatles - Yesterday- YouTube

I never understood that magistrate thing. Sharky said it but it wasn't really alluded to in Steve's post about his history. I though he was a corporate consultant, or have I misread something?

you guys dont know many magistrates do you ?

I do.....dont read to much into the title ;)

N

Well I have it on good authority that Steve is no fan of lulz... What he thinks lulz will be replaced with I have no idea but I look forward to seeing the result.

Its worth thinking about who is going to replace the lulz and what they might replace it will ?

Who & Wot:

Traders who know wot is wot: Unlikely, as they are increasingly critical of the sites commercial agenda. I'm not saying that's a legitimate excuse, but its a fact that management are going to have to accept. The lulz might get a little more subversive, but it'll be lulz nevertheless.

Trade 2 Win Staff: Again unlikely because if they could have achieved this, they already would have done. I suspect most dont actually know wots wot anyway. I'm sure they'll post some stuff of a general nature, and I'm sure they can foster a sense of community, and maybe even generate some discussion, but I cant see serious traders engaging in the debate. That's OK if that's what they want, but its hardly going to be a successful niche market

Trade 2 Win Moderators: Similar argument to above, but no financial incentive, and the one mod who does have a clue isn't going to let any cats out of bags

New Members: By definition, they cant really contribute much of value due to lack of experience. They are seeking knowledge and guidance, not providing it

Vendors. There should be no problem getting vendors to contribute "intelligent nonsense". The problem is that the site is in its current state of malaise precisely due to taking this approach. You might think it would work, and on some sites it does.

The only hope that Steve has is to actually engage in trading related debate. If you look at the more successful trading sites out there, the ones with increasing membership and traffic, they tend to be run by people who genuinely seam to have a passion for trading. That's always been absent at t2w and they've suffered for it

Steve's problem of course is that every time he posts he opens up a potential can of worms due to his, and t2w's history. I genuinely sympathize with his position and I wish him the best of luck, but there's not a single thing that I'd be prepared to do to help, and I suspect many others feel the same.

I hope he proves me wrong and Tim gets to gloat, but I'm rarely wrong. If this was a trade Id be adding to my short

Teh Scose has also received an infraction for jokingly calling someone a naughty word... :cry:

Looks like the end is nigh folks. Hope everyone likes £500 day courses and trading by eye.

Te amore, tout la monde... Te amore

The Beatles - Yesterday- YouTube

Naughty word my left foot!

It is abundantly clear what is going on here Scose - the regime is afflicted by a severe case of pen1s envy, and they strike at you the only way they know how. You are well-known for your stonking clonger.

I said elsewhere that it seems likely that T2W has chosen its path, and that means that certain things will not be (nor should they be, in fairness) tolerated.

Taking the p1ss (or lulz, or sport, if you prefer), however justified. And serious discussion as well must be ruthlessly stamped out, lest it give newbies the wrong idea.

Arabian made a very interesting post a while back. It was something to the effect that once one has mastered a few basic (extremely basic) principles, there really isn't much else one needs from external sources, just practice, serious thought, work and commitment. This idea is not one conducive to spending money with vendorscum, and so must be suppressed.

You say you will be interested to see what the content will be like in future. I think I can take a very good guess. The Hare imagines there will be lulz aplenty, and indeed there should be, but I think he is wrong, because out of necessity it will have to be stamped out.

I think it was Davie 'Davie' Robertson who said that this place was a vendors' paradise. My guess is he ain't seen nothin' yet.

Last edited: