Ftse Professional Scalping

You seems to be full of mistakes. One step forward, one step back. What's the point of it ?

Today at 10pm like everyday, I collect my yield. No mistake, no emotion, pure cash.

At 75 one does it for emotional fulfillment , just oiling the blinkers ,hard work at this age.Can't come out of trades so fast.

Today's mistakes ,i missed the ftse take profit , cause I got greedy and wanted more!There are no emotions in trading.

Oh :-0 and when did either of the positions get to + 30 which is the target you look for. It's dead easy to pretend to be good - shame about reality.

At 75 one does it for emotional fulfillment , just oiling the blinkers ,hard work at this age.Can't come out of trades so fast.

Lack of speed is probably to do with the hand shaking uncontrollably. Reduce size and you'd get more steady.

At 75, you sound quite green to "trading". You have nothing better to do with your pension ?

I am curious. Where did you get your strategy from, foroom ? These long shorts may sound very clever, but they are not mathematically viable. Also you pay double the cost. So in effect you have a severe negative edge.

I am curious. Where did you get your strategy from, foroom ? These long shorts may sound very clever, but they are not mathematically viable. Also you pay double the cost. So in effect you have a severe negative edge.

No .Patience was never included in your calculations , it makes a hugh difference.

Oh :-0 and when did either of the positions get to + 30 which is the target you look for. It's dead easy to pretend to be good - shame about reality.

The dax has moved 50 ticks , but the grandma ftse is slow and moved only 20 in last 4 hours.The granma is the problem.

The dax has moved 50 ticks , but the grandma ftse is slow and moved only 20 in last 4 hours.The granma is the problem.

So what? My post wasn't about that but about the bit of profit you claim you "should" have taken which was only half-way to your stated aim of 30 points. No mention beforehand that you were going for anything less and you don't watch the action, of course.

Another bit of pretence then :sleep:

So what? My post wasn't about that but about the bit of profit you claim you "should" have taken which was only half-way to your stated aim of 30 points. No mention beforehand that you were going for anything less and you don't watch the action, of course.

Another bit of pretence then :sleep:

When I use an option to hedge , I look for 15 ticks, that is half the difference between the option and cash.

closed both ftse
first -30

everything has become mixed

gbp 2 on first trade

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 143

It works Well on DAX , sometimes in choppy markets on Dow.

If it works everyone would be doing it. But it doesn't. They can shut off volatility at a moment's notice. Then once again you will blame your psychology for the loss.

Today dax has moved 120 , ftse about 40 to 50 , you have to be ready to lose on low volatility days.

Today dax has moved 120 , ftse about 40 to 50 , you have to be ready to lose on low volatility days.

Well I am not ready to lose on any day. Today I won dax. Tomorrow I will likely to win dax.

You are constrained by your bad psychology and so can't see what is possible.

If it works everyone would be doing it. But it doesn't. They can shut off volatility at a moment's notice. Then once again you will blame your psychology for the loss.

Today I made a mistake on ftse , in the second trade ,I bought weekly options instead of daily . otherwise I would have come out with a profit of 10 points.When volatility is low , one has to take smaller profit.

Today I made a mistake on ftse , in the second trade ,I bought weekly options instead of daily . otherwise I would have come out with a profit of 10 points.When volatility is low , one has to take smaller profit.

Your strategy is fundamentally flawed with a huge negative edge. All you are doing is chasing your own tail. It would be best to give it up. Did someone sell this strategy to you ?

If you have money to burn, why not go find yourself a young lady. You can't take it with you. So It would not be a loss whatever happens.

Your strategy is fundamentally flawed with a huge negative edge. All you are doing is chasing your own tail. It would be best to give it up. Did someone sell this strategy to you ?

If you have money to burn, why not go find yourself a young lady. You can't take it with you. So It would not be a loss whatever happens.

ftse is only good in high probability trades , otherwise it is loser with other strategies.That is why ,only British who can't trade trade it , not for professionals.

ftse is only good in high probability trades , otherwise it is loser with other strategies.That is why ,only British who can't trade trade it , not for professionals.

Since you can't see the huge negative edge in your strat, that makes you a non-professional. You are just like when I was a beginner joe 5+ years ago.

Mind if I ask what kind of work you did when you stilled worked ? I am curious whether there is any hope for you at all. A bit of background might help with the assessment.