Ftse Professional Scalping

you always left me satisfied & smiling

(thats what she said):D

There like a pro :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

This trade would have made +30 (although it was under by 70 ticks).Patience pays and it means profit .

You can see my trades , in advance in my Dow thread.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 120
  • hindsight  captain.gif
    hindsight captain.gif
    628.6 KB · Views: 142
Briefly and by a whole 9 points,too. Oh look, it's 15 underwater now so I hope you snatched your meagre gains, not that you will have actually had any money down of course. Otherwise it's a bit early to start crowing about your genius isn't it?

What defines a great trader , is how he behaves /responds to being underwater , usually he sits patiently during uncomfortable draw downs .

This is where the psycho babble defines those that know , the other thing you need to know is ftse is for granmas and grandads , because volatility is so low , compared to Dax.

What defines a great trader , is how he behaves /responds to being underwater , usually he sits patiently during uncomfortable draw downs .

This is where the psycho babble defines those that know , the other thing you need to know is ftse is for granmas and grandads , because volatility is so low , compared to Dax.

So, come on, tell us a little more about this "professional" trade of yours.

You risked 60 and then start boasting when it got 9 points to the good. Does that mean 9 points is significant? So what sort of return on your 60 risk are you looking for? With your famous "set and forget" technique, when do you start peeking (seems you already have) and when do you start considering an exit?

So what's the plan, fl? Surely a professional like you must have one.

So, come on, tell us a little more about this "professional" trade of yours.

You risked 60 and then start boasting when it got 9 points to the good. Does that mean 9 points is significant? So what sort of return on your 60 risk are you looking for? With your famous "set and forget" technique, when do you start peeking (seems you already have) and when do you start considering an exit?

So what's the plan, fl? Surely a professional like you must have one.

Just be patient , nobody knows what the market is going to do next.I don't look at the screen , because it arouses my emotions and plays with them , then it will make a sucker out of me.I won't let it do that.

U S markets are strong , Dax is positive and ftse looking ok. A nice up channel on ftse , last low was 7392 , the probability of it breaking is low , my target is 30 profit.There is greater probability , at this point in time , of a higher move than a breakdown.

Possibly looking to add a position , if there are 3 positive 30 min up bars.If It breaks down , I take my loss and be proud I did a competent job in executing the method.

Stop loss placings are about probabilities , not risk reward , if you place a 600 tick stop it is much less likely to be hit.It does not mean you use it.

Attachments

• ftse.jpg
    ftse.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 124
  • ftse 3.jpg
    ftse 3.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 130
Just be patient , nobody knows what the market is going to do next.I don't look at the screen , because it arouses my emotions and plays with them , then it will make a sucker out of me.I won't let it do that.

U S markets are strong , Dax is positive and ftse looking ok. A nice up channel on ftse , last low was 7392 , the probability of it breaking is low , my target is 30 profit.There is greater probability , at this point in time , of a higher move than a breakdown.

Possibly looking to add a position , if there are 3 positive 30 min up bars.If It breaks down , I take my loss and be proud I did a competent job in executing the method.

Stop loss placings are about probabilities , not risk reward , if you place a 600 tick stop it is much less likely to be hit.It does not mean you use it.

You don't look at the screen so:

A) how come you started the day boasting about your 9 point move to the good?
B) how will you know whether to act before you stoploss is hit, or whether you will add, or whether you will take your profit.
C) how have you completed your analysis, as detailed in your post, of the "greater probability, at this point in time, of a higher move than a breakdown" without looking at the state of the markets and ftse at this point in time?

In addition:

D) how did you arrive at your 30 point profit?
E) since you are not looking I suppose an alert will tell you when (if) it gets there. Do you then just exit without more ado, or what?

Finally:

F) how come a great professional trader like you has taken the trade in the first place since ftse is only for grandmas and grandads? :LOL:

You don't look at the screen so:

A) how come you started the day boasting about your 9 point move to the good?
I was just showing you patience pays , as I was watching Dax
I glanced at it

B) how will you know whether to act before you stoploss is hit, or whether you will add, or whether you will take your profit.#

This is acting like the market's pussy , you dance to every tick move against you , I don't.I won't act until target is hit or stop loss is hit.That is for amateurs

C) how have you completed your analysis, as detailed in your post, of the "greater probability, at this point in time, of a higher move than a breakdown" without looking at the state of the markets and ftse at this point in time?

this type of analysis /reading will corrupt the mind with biases /beliefs , that is against trading nirvana beliefs and arousing the enemy within.K I S S

In addition:

D) how did you arrive at your 30 point profit?

next resistance break AND HALF FTSE ATR

E) since you are not looking I suppose an alert will tell you when (if) it gets there. Do you then just exit without more ado, or what?

Just watching Dax /Dow correlations

Finally:

F) how come a great professional trader like you has taken the trade in the first place since ftse is only for grandmas and grandads? :LOL:

I had my blinkers on , just the eyesight needs a check.

I told you ftse is for blinkered grandads , these people don't notice the big volatility movements of other indices anyway.

added position because it is cheaper entry , first entry was feeling the market

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 127
"..............Stop loss placings are about probabilities , not risk reward , if you place a 600 tick stop it is much less likely to be hit.It does not mean you use it..............

"This is acting like the market's pussy , you dance to every tick move against you , I don't.I won't act until target is hit or stop loss is hit.That is for amateurs"

Well, make up your mind, fl. :whistling

"this type of analysis /reading will corrupt the mind with biases /beliefs , that is against trading nirvana beliefs and arousing the enemy within.K I S S"

You made the analysis, fl, not me :whistling

"I glanced at it"

:LOL::LOL:

You get exposed at every turn fl. You are a danger to anyone who takes you seriously and need to come with a health warning. I'll give you one thing ,though, you've got a skin as thick as a rhinoceros.

added position because it is cheaper entry , first entry was feeling the market

Ah, adding to losers now are we. Sensible move :LOL: And a cry of the amateurs rationale " because it's cheaper" rather than anything that means anything . Well, it's 36 underwater ATM, so it definitely is cheaper. Good professional approach from a great trader :)

Ah, adding to losers now are we. Sensible move :LOL: And a cry of the amateurs rationale " because it's cheaper" rather than anything that means anything . Well, it's 36 underwater ATM, so it definitely is cheaper. Good professional approach from a great trader :)

Risk taking is something most amateurs are not mentally ready for , no pain no gain ,this week I was losing 100 on DAX due to mistakes , recovered losses and am in profit.

There in profit already

Attachments

• 33333333333.jpg
    33333333333.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 128
Risk taking is something most amateurs are not mentally ready for , no pain no gain ,this week I was losing 100 on DAX due to mistakes , recovered losses and am in profit.

There in profit already

Was it emotional mistake ? What will stop the emotions of next week from losing your this week's gain ?

Today's mistakes ,i missed the ftse take profit , cause I got greedy and wanted more!There are no emotions in trading.

You seems to be full of mistakes. One step forward, one step back. What's the point of it ?

Today at 10pm like everyday, I collect my yield. No mistake, no emotion, pure cash.