FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

blimey !! 2 weeks, I'm lucky for a 20 min hold ;) ....I might take 2 weeks to make a decision though ..... in ? out ? carrot ? trap ? up there ? down there ? it's gonna take them out first, then dart down there, then I'm in on the way.........brain aneurysm anybody ??

Some regulars seem to have it sorted on that score, criteria met ? yes ? in....criteria met ? no ? out

If you are in profit overall after 3 months, spot on

I became very overconfident & blew my stack upping the ante, funnily & true enough, that was a 3 month period. good luck this afternoon :)

Cheer Joe - yes markets are not moving much at all tbh all eyes on FED. methinks it's going to be dovish and markets gonna rally.

Anyone know where I can get the minutes from as fast as possible?

Cheer Joe - yes markets are not moving much at all tbh all eyes on FED. methinks it's going to be dovish and markets gonna rally.

Anyone know where I can get the minutes from as fast as possible?

I better go and have a quick nap :sleep:

and then tea & biscuits ....:p

Well 2:30 pm and markets have nicely down.

DOW's a fickle lady these days...

I'll try and post the negative divergence between price and MACD I'm looking at.

The more I look at it the more incredulous I become. :)

Attachments

• DOW.JPG
    DOW.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Just got filled @ 18320.7 - short.

Feeling edgy and market simply doesn't want to bend let alone kneel. I'm losing confidence on the short.

Entering a Trailing 15 SL leaving me min +10 if it moves back against me.

Will re-enter back in at a higher level. Indicators useless wrt price action

If it does start a big drop then I'll expand the TSL accordingly.

I think next land mark is going to be 7pm tonight with the FOMC meeting mins.
Expecting movement in indeces and eur/usd.

Last edited:
DOW Trailing SL hit at 18,295.2. +25 banked.

Will watch for another move up before taking another short. I think you guys may be right as it wants to fly.

Will wait for 18330 areas to be probed next... :whistling

I still feel that DAX has high probability of tanking...

At least chart seems like that...

Attachments

• DAX_20MAYV2.jpg
    DAX_20MAYV2.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 138

dow just up and dax still negative-you may have a point-thats me not looking at charts but just looking at the dow dax and ftse correlating together today

On a TA basis yes. But Greece could at any point say they've finalised the deal and FOMC can to the effect say "we're not raising rates in June". All going up if any of those come true.

Charts looking like they want to fly today....:whistling

On a TA basis yes. But Greece could at any point say they've finalised the deal and FOMC can to the effect say "we're not raising rates in June". All going up if any of those come true.

Its nice to get different views-i agree that news can change the markets in an instant

I've got a defibrillator on my Dax chart. 10,000 volts.............it's still flatlining 10 points dancing around yest close

little 3.55pm trap suggesting pop

if bulls get trapped here 4.03pm I'm going to try a short, target the 3.55pm'ers, tight stop (pop might be nasty)

if it pokes the yest close too much, well over to the BO guys !!

Yup...

The reason why I was saying, because of bearish pattern forming at top (blue)

ofcourse can further change into another pattern...:LOL:

Attachments

• DAX_20V3.jpg
    DAX_20V3.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 178
should have added "short" in sentance..... as in little 3.55pm short trap

Just giving my thought process

If I'd shorted, my target would have been the area below that area

As it is the pa is waaaaay to slow for me & it's Euro close

anyway open to criticism of my thinking out loud

should have added "short" in sentance..... as in little 3.55pm short trap

Just giving my thought process

If I'd shorted, my target would have been the area below that area

As it is the pa is waaaaay to slow for me & it's Euro close

anyway open to criticism of my thinking out loud

no criticism ....

actually no criticism required... remember market is always right mate...:)

no criticism ....

actually no criticism required... remember market is always right mate...:)

Thanks mate, but I know I over think the levels, so what I saw was a bear trap at 3.55pm, then look for it to go up, rinse, short stops taken, then back down, that's where I like to be, it's trying to think a few moves ahead that maybe I'm needing a white padded cell for.

I'd rather have one of you guys tell me if I'm off whack in my thinking if indeed I am.

It's driving me a little round the bend I think :LOL:

If did this full time, I think I'd be rocking in my chair.

Thanks mate, but I know I over think the levels, so what I saw was a bear trap at 3.55pm, then look for it to go up, rinse, short stops taken, then back down, that's where I like to be, it's trying to think a few moves ahead that maybe I'm needing a white padded cell for.

I'd rather have one of you guys tell me if I'm off whack in my thinking if indeed I am.

It's driving me a little round the bend I think :LOL:

If did this full time, I think I'd be rocking in my chair.

and no one on the planet can be right all the time :)

Just got back to the station and seen the DOW bounce back down from 18330. Sadly, didn't put any limit orders on as I walked away thinking I'd do it when I got back. :( But on the other hand no loss so :)

Looking at the long term charts I can see a colossal divergence as per previous charts.

So strategy remains the same to short the rises. Basic, thinking is; the upside is limited. How high can it possibly go. Another 100-200-500-1000. I don't know but the market is going higher.

I'm expecting the FOMC mins to support the nervous market rather than say boys it's time you stood down off that high horse.

This view pretty much applies to all the indeces too, DOW, SPX, FTSE, DAX + ASIAN etc etc.

HIGHER the indeces go, the MORE nervous I'm going to get.

It REALLY is like a Mexican stand-off. When one off-loads, it's going to get awfully messy indeed.

mexican-standoff-680x452.jpg

Most indicies at all time highs, we have bearish divergence forming
Looks like getting ready for an Oct2015 crash

Most indicies at all time highs, we have bearish divergence forming
Looks like getting ready for an Oct2015 crash

Funny you should say that as, Fed may be thinking about raising rates around Sept/Oct.

Oh what joy. Can't wait... :cheesy: