FTSE 100 - March

Here comes the first test of the day. FTSE100 has fallen to the rising 1 day SMA. Bulls will want to see the MA repell the FTSE100.

Looks totally oversold...maybe a pullback b4 3rd knock on the bottom trendline of the larger triangle (4,410) forming over the last 4-5 days??

Jonny40 is bonsai's sytem for everyone to see, which ma's and macd,etc does he use?

I have been looking at the ftse on and off for the last month or so, it seems it has got more concrete moves than the dow. I still need to work at it though

Computer got hit by a trojan horse yesterday night so couldn't trade.

Dowloaded some software which worked a treat...Had 84 different bits of spyware that i din't know about!! So much for Nortons!!

It can be found at www.download.com.com.....its called adware v6.0

Also download software called HijackThis by lavasoft...if you do a search you'll find it

Anmol,

If u use CM strategy for the DOW, wouldn't it be easier adopting that for the UKX??? U already know the ins and outs of it and just need to know how it reacts to a different index

Good point FInirama. but rsi doesn't seem to work that well though on the ftse from what I have seen.

It could well be that the MA on the rsi you use works better but it isn't available on esignal.

morning all, i really am going to have to look into this more, but this is the 3rd day in a row that the first break of the parabolic has brought a decent move.

could perhaps be used to snatch a quick 10-15 points fairly regularly? i shall be monitoring this for a few more days at least....

FC

Attachments

• parabolic.jpg
    parabolic.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 243
Fin, am I right in thinking that the ftse moves are generally more solid than the dow, i e the dow can be choppy quite often. Or is this an observation which has just occured lately.

Interesting that to-day's rally failed at the 50% retracement

High(yesterday) 4463
Low (to-day 09.43) 4425
=38 points

50% retracement= 4444

Hi Anmol,

Yeah the moves are much smoother ....don't see as many bull and bear flags as u do on the DOW and calculation of the moves is a bit trickier...pullback target works well

JUst thought I would say hello

Jonny Bonsai's system uses a lot experinece value judgement as well as EW which helps him stay in trades (I think). Think he only uses the 1hr and 1 day to make sure hes trading in direction of trend. and some times for stops too. But its his method and he has it programmed in to a pc so he makes very little entry decisions himself now. Forgive me if I am wrong BOnsai

Yup shame they only allow 50x50....:-(

was that the one from previous days close trade with about 70-80% strike rate?? It was almost impossible to trade as you would need to have no stops for the whole day to get that strike rate. Stops reduced the strike rate too much.