• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

FTMO vs Darwinex

I missed the discussion. Am I too late?
@ridgeback I could agree with you if the alternative to Darwinex, or any other good broker was feasible. But it isn't.

As you were told, the challenges and the model are made to ruin any good strategy. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. However it's Ok to try it. Best lesson to learn is wipe out an account with real money from time to time. We've all been there.

I missed the discussion. Am I too late?
@ridgeback I could agree with you if the alternative to Darwinex, or any other good broker was feasible. But it isn't.

As you were told, the challenges and the model are made to ruin any good strategy. This is not an opinion, it's a fact. However it's Ok to try it. Best lesson to learn is wipe out an account with real money from time to time. We've all been there.
IF you have done your research you would know that you only need to pull in a return of 13% over a 120 day period using all of the MFF extensions they will offer to a talented trader.
IF you are capable of trading well then you will know how achievable this is.
IF you are a consistent profitable trader then you have access 600k + and get paid 85%
Lot’s of IFs I know and so far no one on this thread can provide a valid argument why I should spend my time trading my own money (at risk) with Darwinex instead of MFF.
I only trade to make money why on earth would I stick 600k cash with an MT4 broker that could go bust or get hacked tomorrow and risk my own capital?
Anything over 100k and you seriously need to worry about your exposure.
Furthermore you get paid on your TRUE trading performance with very simple drawdown rules. You kill it and you eat it.
What on earth do Darwinex offer? Some make believe ridiculous risk metrics? And they seriously expect investors to back this concept? Think about it, if you were an investment fund would you seriously stick a few million into… wait for it.. “a Darwin” ???!!
Very clever marketing for dick waving wannabe traders perhaps?

Last edited:
Good to see you have elevated the level of conversation in your latter posts.
True. I’ve let myself down sinking to the level of some.. should know better to be fair.
Guess I’m getting frustrated trying to get some sense on here but it seems this just a promotional thread for Darwinex complete with its own shills and trolls.
Nothing changes when it comes to MT4MT5 brokers and social trading nonsense.

True. I’ve let myself down sinking to the level of some.. should know better to be fair.
Guess I’m getting frustrated trying to get some sense on here but it seems this just a promotional thread for Darwinex complete with its own shills and trolls.
Nothing changes when it comes to MT4MT5 brokers and social trading nonsense.
Fair enough, you are entitled to express your opinion. Good luck with your trading.

this just a promotional thread for Darwinex complete with its own shills and trolls.
yes, you are in the darwinex forum. are you surprised it would promote darwinex. although an honest reading of most of the comments on this forum would say most commentators are more negative towards darwinex
Lot’s of IFs I know and so far no one on this thread can provide a valid argument why I should spend my time trading my own money (at risk) with Darwinex instead of MFF.
because nobody here is trying to make you trade with darwinex. it is you who is trying to get us to trade with MFF. this is a darwinex forum. people read your arguments and decided to pass, at which point you get extremely emotional about it lol. go trade with MFF , be happy with your riches

yes, you are in the darwinex forum. are you surprised it would promote darwinex. although an honest reading of most of the comments on this forum would say most commentators are more negative towards darwinex

because nobody here is trying to make you trade with darwinex. it is you who is trying to get us to trade with MFF. this is a darwinex forum. people read your arguments and decided to pass, at which point you get extremely emotional about it lol. go trade with MFF , be happy with your riches
Yeah well if this is the best info by their “traders” that I can find then you offer the only decent confirmation of what I thought so far. Don’t worry I’m certainly not “extremely emotional” about it at all. Actually the exact opposite.
Red flags all over the place, including you.
Very poor indeed.
This kind of self promoted social trading is the very bottom of the industry. Just like the “educators and EA sellers”… dead in the water.

Yeah well if this is the best info by their “traders” that I can find then you offer the only decent confirmation of what I thought so far. Don’t worry I’m certainly not “extremely emotional” about it at all. Actually the exact opposite.
Red flags all over the place, including you.
Very poor indeed.
This kind of self promoted social trading is the very bottom of the industry. Just like the “educators and EA sellers”… dead in the water.

Attachments

• johnny-english-rowan-atkinson.gif
    johnny-english-rowan-atkinson.gif
    430.6 KB · Views: 101
Sometimes, to convince yourself that it`s worth burning more $ to pay for another challenge, you need to convince the others.

Hey mate, you got excellent answers here and you gave us nothing but emotional crap. Now, I`m very respectful with those that deserve, but after seen that you just ignored my answer, an answer that took time to write, an answer that comes from real trading with FTMO and w Darwinex, an answer that does not advertise for Darwinex in any form or shape, having seen all that I honestly consider a fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If it makes you money, just do it.
Now if you spend so much time advertising, I can only think of two things:

A - You are no trader, and you are advertising FTMO, because FTMO lives from challenge fees.
B - You are no trader, but you believe and want to believe that FTMO is worth. You probably never had more than 3 consecutive payouts, or even one month, but you still pay for it dreaming what 80% profit will make on that 100k account.

And now, the final act: if you want to gamble, just take a 500 leverage offshore account and go to the moon. Your chances are higher with this account, I can guarantee you and I've seen it happen a couple of times.

For us, we just need a live account and a way of attracting investor capital + darwinia. I like the broker and the idea so far.

As there is always false information spread about the money sources all prop companies, especially whether or how traders are funded, I want to share two links to read and think about it.

It was true, that prop companies did not invest in traders. I remember a Canadian one, which was not allowed to serve Canadian clients, which did not pay higher 5-digit or 6-digit profit shares as they had noted in their T&C, that payments are voluntarily. The reason was simple: they didn't get so much money from new challenge or evaluation payments.

Currently I only watch FTMO an MFF as prop firms, there might be others who have a serious model to take trades from traders.
And I'm not talking about their initial challenge requirements where there were insane 12% profit required within a month with less than 4 % DD and all the restrictions aboout news trading, overnight positions etc. were mandatory.

If you read the 2021 report of FTMO below, they paid about $ 29 mln to about 6,200 traders with an avarage of $ 4,685 for each trader who got a payout (including the fees for the challenge).
Source:
Taking these 6,200 traders as the successful 3% of all challenges, they sold about 200,000 challenges in 2021.
The cheapest 10k challenge costs 155 EUR so there is not much left to pay their employees and their marketing costs.

So I'm nearly sure that they take trader's trades to the market, but of course not every trade and not every trader with a FTMO trader account. Why should they copy trades from losing traders who will not get as payout?
They are long enough in that business to build some algos what to copy and what to exclude. And they have all the data from millions of accounts to analyze it.

's There is an interview with the CEO of MFF which confirms this - to watch on youtube and talk from 17:05 about taking traderstrades or not.

FTMO improved there conditions for trader so there are only 4 minimum trading days in the challenge and verification rounds:

1686072244714.png

See more at https://ftmo.com/en/minimum-4-trading-days/

For most reasonable traders this is not really relevant as the hazardous profit goal or the loss objectives stay unchanged.

Hello,

I hope you're doing well. For example, my Darwin (CDH) received 40,000€ from Darwinia. They've allocated this amount for a 6-month period. As you may have noticed, Darwin THA currently manages more than 35 million, making it quite an impressive sum.

While Darwinex pays you a 15% share "only", have you ever wondered how much you could potentially earn with FTMO of MFF under management? Is it even possible to achieve millions under management with FTMO of MFF? Personally, I find Darwinex a more compelling long-term alternative. An added bonus is that there's no need to pay for an exam when using Darwinex.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide on this matter. Thank you!

Hello,

I hope you're doing well. For example, my Darwin (CDH) received 40,000€ from Darwinia. They've allocated this amount for a 6-month period. As you may have noticed, Darwin THA currently manages more than 35 million, making it quite an impressive sum.

While Darwinex pays you a 15% share "only", have you ever wondered how much you could potentially earn with FTMO of MFF under management? Is it even possible to achieve millions under management with FTMO of MFF? Personally, I find Darwinex a more compelling long-term alternative. An added bonus is that there's no need to pay for an exam when using Darwinex.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide on this matter. Thank you!
You got 40k from DarwinIA and 70k from investors. If they stay, investors are the better option for you even now for your investor fees.

You have a VaR of less than 10 so your trading results are cut by about 15-20% - depending on your target VaR - in the replication of your Darwin. IMO that is acceptable.

FTMO has a scalable option pay 90% of the profit of the demo account if you reach it. You need 10% trading profit in 4 months without violating the rules. That looks moderate, but is not really easy depending on your trading style. But it is much less crazy than the originally 10% in one month for passing a challenge, this is unlimited now so there is no time pressure.
If the account is sclaed up, the daily loss and maximum loss limits also increase.
The current limit is $ 2 million for the demo account.

1691416898883.png

more details: https://ftmo.com/en/scaling-plan/

Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but I'm wondering if it's feasible to do both?

In other words, I'd like to copy my prop account trades to a Darwinex account, via socialtradertools or similar, using the balance multiplier to scale the lot size down to the minimim Darwinex account size, which I think is $500.

Obviously I'd only make pennies from trading that on its own, but if it attracted investors and the performance fee then it might be worth it. However I don't know if the potential additional return from investors is related to account size, or is it strictly based on percentage? Indeed, I may have completely misunderstood how Darwinex works!

If anyone here has experience of doing this, I'd be very grateful for any advice.

At this point I'm entirely new to Darwinex and know nothing of their trading conditions either, specifically execution quality, which is of paramount importance to my trading style, and I'm not sure if they allow copy trading.

This looks encouraging though, a cut above the average bucket shop:

Are people happy with the trading conditions they provide? The ones at my prop are excellent as they have their own liquidity provider, and I don't want to be surprised with delays, huge spreads, slippage etc. when copying. I guess the answer is to open an account and see for myself...