One step forward.....

volante

Hi, ive been trading on and off for about 6 years, mainly FX and Crypto.
I was considering trying to become funded and taking a challenge with FTMO or MFF.
However, I may have encountered a major setback. I have been lazy and have used Plus 500 only coupled with tradingview charts.
It appears all the more experienced Traders use MT4 and 5 or C Trader as their main platforms. Unfortunately for me, these are like double Dutch to me after looking at them.
When I looked at FTMO and MFF, none mention Tradingview only the other platforms, I guess its back to the drawing board :{ Any tips or advice as to what may be easiest to learn? I will also change Brokers to maybe Pepperstone or IG.
Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the boards.

Just my thoughts.
Pepperstone is ctrader based platform, but you are able to trade through them via trading view, so that would work for you ok.

IG I thought was prorealtime based platform, you can also trade through the full prorealtime platorm, but don't recall any tradingview connectivity? Do they have that now?

City Index has tradingview platform, and also tradingview trading connectivity (cfd only, not sb last I looked) maybe worth a look.

A logical choice as you have the facility to learn c trader while still being able to use tradingview.

Not personally a fan of c trader, bit of a prorealtime fanboy if honest, but I can't knock tradingview I do like the layout and look.

Have no interest in the area of FTMO etc but am assuming that will be MT4/5?

Yes, both Prop Firms I have looked into FTMO and MFF, are MT4, MT5 and C trader only as far as I'm aware. I just could'nt get me head around MT4 and 5, C Trader looked a lot easier but obviously still needs mastering.

Hi, ive been trading on and off for about 6 years, mainly FX and Crypto.
I was considering trying to become funded and taking a challenge with FTMO or MFF.
However, I may have encountered a major setback. I have been lazy and have used Plus 500 only coupled with tradingview charts.
It appears all the more experienced Traders use MT4 and 5 or C Trader as their main platforms. Unfortunately for me, these are like double Dutch to me after looking at them.
When I looked at FTMO and MFF, none mention Tradingview only the other platforms, I guess its back to the drawing board :{ Any tips or advice as to what may be easiest to learn? I will also change Brokers to maybe Pepperstone or IG.
Thanks.
It is possible to use a trade copier e.g socialtradertools to copy trades from Tradingview to MT5. You need to open a small live account on Tradingview (perhaps Oanda or FXCM) then copy the trades to MT5 using the balance multiplier to correct the lot sizes. This way you enjoy the familiarity of Tradingview and only use MT5 for execution. It's a bit of a faff to set up but might be a viable solution. You can use a demo account but I don't recommend it as the prices may differ significantly between the TV broker and the prop firm broker. Whereas a live account should be closer, though not exact as spreads and slippage will differ somewhat.

Please note I haven't done this myself but have been assured it's possible.

MT5 can be confusing at first but easy to grasp after a couple of days experimenting on a free demo account, which most prop firms offer. I like it, even if the interface and charting are stuck in the 1980s! But many of its drawbacks can be ameliorated with add-ons, such as a decent trade manager, from MQL5 market.

I'd also look at Alphacapitalgroup as an alternative to FTMO/MFF as their trading conditions are, in my opinion, the best available, not least because they use their own FCA-regulated in-house broker and liquidity provider, not a dubious white label from Eightcap or similar. They're looking into incorporating Tradingview at some point too, but don't offer it yet. They will also be offering CTrader with luck later this year. They don't offer crypto though.

Last edited: