ForexMorningTrade System

April 2011 results with Mark's new settings (45/35/25/5)

Attachments

• Apr 11 results.PNG
    Apr 11 results.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 211
Year-to-date results with Mark's new settings (45/35/25/5)

Attachments

• ytd.PNG
    ytd.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 223
If those results you put up are accurate there's a convincing benefit for trading 06.15 rather than 06.30 !

Yes, it it quite obvious for this year. Last year, the differences were not so pronounced, with totals at 6:15 = 2345 and 6:30 =2240. The 06:45 trade made 1705 pips in 2010 by my manual count.

Attachments

• 2010 totals.PNG
    2010 totals.PNG
    63.4 KB · Views: 146
Hopefully normal performance has been restored!

As you know I monitor the gains and losses of various settings, for example with reference to the last 100 observed trades which at the moment relate to sessions since the start of November, covering exactly 6 months and allowing for the 20 to 25% of the time we don't get signals.

Christmas, New Year and Easter have been bad patches, so for anyone who stayed away the bad days they might have done better than the following numbers

10/40 +550
40/40 +480
28/40 +420
43/65/BE@20 +399
35/40/BE@20 +275

results from the last 200 trades, going back to mid April 2010
10/40 +1320
40/40 +2000
28/40 +1860
43/65/BE +1685
35/40/BE +1715

Which time do You trade?
Elovv

I managed to make 55 pips with FMT this morning - I forgot that the EA manages the SL and TP, and turned off MT to stop me keep watching it bothering about what it would do - turned it back on later for a pleasant surprise. Bonus!

glad to see things trending again..I put the trade on in a demo account just to see how things were gonna look, but will probably resume with real money tonight. looks like the 6:15 is the sweet spot .
nice!

Hi Guys

Another poll for those that are interested, would be good to see what people are risking daily. Remember only 1 vote allowed.

I will post again in the morning

Enjoy :)

Poll: What % risk do you trade using FMT.
1%
2%
3%
4%
5%
6%
7%
8%
9%
10%
11%
12%
13%
14%
15% or more

Resultaten:
8547.png

[sup]Als create a poll? Click here[/sup]

I managed to make 55 pips with FMT this morning - I forgot that the EA manages the SL and TP, and turned off MT to stop me keep watching it bothering about what it would do - turned it back on later for a pleasant surprise. Bonus!
Same here, foggy, with my first FMT trade +55 pips. This is my first trade period after many long hours of forex school at baby pips. A good start but I know that they all won't be like this. I have been lurking in this forum reading many posts and decided to break the ice today.

If those results you put up are accurate there's a convincing benefit for trading 06.15 rather than 06.30 !

I am still confused about the trade times.
I use Alpari Uk from my home city of Ottawa, Canada.
UK time is five hours ahead of Ottawa time here in the EST zone (Eastern Standard Time) .
This morning my FMT program did a successful trade for $35 profit with the program set for 7:15 am UK time.
Is Coral's result suggesting that I consider switching the FMT time setting to 6:15 am?
Also , there are people who seem to be doing three trades at different 15 minute intervals every morning. I'm not lazy, especially when it comes to motivation to find a way to make money. The problem is that I am just so new to this that I don't understand enough to get much out reading through the posts here.
Most of it just confuses me. I am thinking of ordering some type of basic learning book like Forex for Dummies to get a handle on just the basics of what is going on, hopefully worded in terminology that the average person in recovery from a few concussions and fluoride and beer-induced brain damage can understand.

I am still in just a demo account and would possibly like to try this
triple trading time system,so if anyone can direct me to a post that explains how to do it.
Also , please answer the first question of whether Coral's result means that I should consider a switch to 6:15?

UK time is five hours ahead of Ottawa time here in the EST zone (Eastern Standard Time) .
This morning my FMT program did a successful trade for $35 profit with the program set for 7:15 am UK time.
Is Coral's result suggesting that I consider switching the FMT time setting to 6:15 am?
Also , there are people who seem to be doing three trades at different 15 minute intervals every morning. I'm not lazy, especially when it comes to motivation to find a way to make money. The problem is that I am just so new to this that I don't understand enough to get much out reading through the posts here.
Most of it just confuses me. I am thinking of ordering some type of basic learning book like Forex for Dummies to get a handle on just the basics of what is going on, hopefully worded in terminology that the average person in recovery from a few concussions and fluoride and beer-induced brain damage can understand.

triple trading time system,so if anyone can direct me to a post that explains how to do it.
Also , please answer the first question of whether Coral's result means that I should consider a switch to 6:15?

Quick reply for you:

Where you are has no bearing at all on MT4 platforms, e.g. the broker or "platform" time is the same regardless of where the computer is.

You have Alpari UK, and need not deviate from the 7 AM timeframe, since that platform is constantly one hour later than the UK time.

We speak of 6:15, 6:30 etc in reference to UK time, because that is when FMT is intended to trade.

Some prefer to trade at three separate times, others prefer to trade at whatever Mark's current setting is. That is strictly a personal preference, but is usually based on a lot of study.

If you want to stay with Mark's program for the moment, (and I might recommend that until you understand everything about trading), then just keep your trade where it is on your Alpari UK platform at 07:15.Then at least you have something going while you explore your options.

My test and forward results always show the 06:15, 06:30 and 06:45 because that is the actual UK time at which the trades are taken, and because in this silly business there is no central exchange and most brokers operate on their own clocks.

I repeat, stay at 07:15 on your Alpari UK platform and you will be doing exactly what Mark is doing. Look at the PDF that came with your EA and different broker times are explained there also.

You might also consider going to Babypips.com and taking all the lessons on FX trading. It is not terribly demanding, and brings great benefits in a very focused way.

Good luck

Last edited:

In further reply to your questions. Yes, there are people placing trades at 3 different times and seem to be doing well, however, Mark stated in his last email that he did not see any benefit in using 3 different times. I suggest that you place one trade with Mark's settings until you are more familiar with things.

Stats for 05-03-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, FXSolutions..., Short/Profit...., +36.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +67.0
6:15 UK Time, IBFX.........., Short/Profit...., +34.4, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +218.5
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Profit...., +35.1, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= +41.1

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 45 SL, 25 BE, +5 BE, 35 TP
6:15 UK Time, PFG Best......, Short/Profit...., +35.8, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +324.7
6:15 UK Time, FXCM.........., Short/Profit...., +35.6, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +394.3
6:15 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., Short/Profit...., +35.9, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +356.6
6:15 UK Time, FXDD.........., Short/Profit...., +35.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +280.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker