Forex Day Trader's Thread

wrong movie ;)

and wrong trade :cry:

out -15 back in 89.2

You trying to single-handely (Excuse possible spelling errors, although, i understand if your upset, after all i could of spent my time searching the correct spelling rather than writing this) stop the downtrend in UJ ?

I think my quote is wrong on UJ - I think i've got a bad data vendor on this free MetaTrader software. Will re-install with Alpari.

I will use my futures chart instead; which quotes the JPY/USD - So its upside down.

USD/JPY has dropped 70 pips since last night, yet I am 22 pips up on 4 long trades.. I scalp bounces off of support.. The longer-term trend isn't of tremendous importance to me since I'll be in and out within a few minutes.

draw a fib map and you'll see what I'm doing. 88.5 should be great support.. 38.2 and daily SMA convergence

Actually the $490.60 I've made today is my friend, not generic trading advice from children.

"Economic forecasts are subject to great uncertainty, but my best guess at this point is that we will continue to see modest economic growth next year--sufficient to bring down the unemployment rate, but at a pace slower than we would like, Bernanke concluded."

I like the sounds of that (y)

I'm leaving it alone until 88.615 due to wacky price action although I might scalp short 89.66

Last edited:
Yes, i'm thinking it's a no-brainer to buy more too. The picture's a bit ugly:

"1742 GMT [Dow Jones] Treasury prices rise on Fed Chairman Bernanke's speech, in which he says inflation expectations look stable and unemployment rate won't fall as fast as he'd like next year."

People are upset we (most likely) won't be changing rates.. we could definitely see some USD weakness.

well.. what now?

6ca7d35f-9d60-426a-9137-52dd1255d4ff.jpg

daily hammer patterns in XAU/USD, EUR/USD and AUD/USD forming.. looks bad, yet another USD reversal reversal..