Forex Day Trader's Thread

The only comment I can see is as below:

19:05 FED SPEAKER
Fed's Dudley says contingent capital "definetely" being discussed

nothing recent on CIT, earlier comments saying they are planning to file this week, only other relevant is below but timing does not match movement in price:

18:30 FX COMMENTARY
ECB's Noyer says EUR is an "obvious candidate" for reserve currency

Forget it - just some shenanigans. Going back up. I'm still in my cable it's been rather amusing to say the least today.

i dunno like...

dont forget the GOLDEN RULE. buy the rumour sell the news...earnings are gona have to be epic this season to match the expectations of this never ending rally. we are sitting on potential for a decent double top in the sp's if we get more downward aciotn over the next few days

try RANsquawk - Real-time Analysis & News Limited and get live news feeds by voice and on screen, loads of noise mostly during the day but they do give very good inside on where large stop orders are busy being placed, which banks are buying which currency pair and at what price large options are due to expire which stops any forex movements for the day: a good example of good info for today is comment below, which you know is a fantastic short as market makers chase stops big time, I shorted at 1.4860 based on this comment:

12:27 FX COMMENTARY
Stops triggered in EUR/USD to hit a session high at 1.4878

oh btw, forgot to mention, create a user for yourself...free...and click on "live channels" tab and select if you want equities or forex etc. there is a 2 minute delay for the free service, but better than nothing...

blimey....i've just been promoted to rookie from newbie after 5 posts!! does that mean I'll make more money tmorrow?

Yeah guess you have to make more money tomorrow, as of it has any real meaning :p

well, damn better than expected Intel results have stuffed my eurusd short for the evening....u'r right does not mean anything

Is that pivot point or something? I only see it at the middle of the range ...

well well raining outside, but still the sun shines on markets..
how long this Muppet Show can continue..

Its not a question if it can continue, it only is When does it stop and reverse
dramatically

well well raining outside, but still the sun shines on markets..
how long this Muppet Show can continue..

Its not a question if it can continue, it only is When does it stop and reverse
dramatically

Ridd! Patient my friend :p

I was convinced there would be retracement to 1.4750 today but there was strong resistance at 1.4800 so for today I'm stumped and don't know which way to turn ('stumped' is a cricket term btw!)