Forex Day Trader's Thread

ugh.. got within 10 and it bounced back up to 30.. but I'm taking the opportunity to short EJ here

4110 will be seen today according to my analysis.

Gone short & GU weekly S1 is my PT.

Last edited:
20 August 2009 13:30:03
*INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS: 576K V 550KE; CONTINUING CLAIMS: 6.241M V 6.215ME
- Prior jobless claims revised from 558K to 561K
- Prior Continuing Claims revised from 6.202M to 6.239M
- Four-week mvg avg K v 565K prior

u guys still holding short i assume? if youre right about this eur dropping to 1.411 i think that'll confirm the larger down trend and u can probably hold out for more... down to the 1.40 area. just a thought.

Last edited:
anyone thinking we will see a push through 1.4200, looks like it's been bouncing testing 1.42 - 1.4210 continuously since last night

looks like we're waiting on these 10 oclock leading indicators...if theyre bad ill jump all over this euro short... if not... watch out, these us equities have had a crazy look about them recently

20 August 2009 15:00:05
*(US) Q2 MORTGAGE DELINQUENCIES: 9.24% V 9.12% PRIOR (Q1); highest reading on record
- Prime mortgage delinquency rate % v 6.06% q/q
- Mortgages in foreclosure at % v 3.85% q/q

20 August 2009 15:00:02
*JULY LEADING INDICATORS: 0.6% V 0.7%E
- prior revised from 0.7% to 0.8%

- Conference Board:
- Data suggests that recession is bottoming out
- Economy may begin to recover soon (previously stated that growth could come in Fall 2009)

just chop around today? if we break above our most recent high in the 1.427 area i will cover and re-evaluate. ideal scenario for staying short would be to see the us equities break high on the year with the euro failing to do so. that would give me a strong case for shorting this thing.

Last edited:
if euro breaks 1.427 then it'll see 1.435 or above. And yes what I see is a big flag

all hail the us printing press. would not be at all suprised to see it climb to 1.47....covered part...will cover the rest above 1.427

not a real break out yet. The flag may not be completed yet. A buy stop order should be good.

My Euro trade briefly turned positive and then squeezed back up to exactly where it was when I went to sleep.. Note the descending triangle consolidation.. I'll just keep holding it.. The fact that global stocks were way up and Euro went nowhere should tell you something as well.