Forex Day Trader's Thread

yes it "should" tell us something haha. been very tricky lately... wouldnt be surprised to see it play catch up at some point either. but has definitely been weak relative to the stock markets.

Euro is dying to tank.. equity markets just keep it propped up but can't move it higher.. just wait..

think the eur/usd is confusing today the 4h certainly looks a bit weird, i would say it has gone up far enough (looking at the TL starting two weeks ago and the fact that all the shorts from the last drop will have spewed)...shorts look in control, but looks like someone is holding it up??

cable telling a different story, looks like any open shorts from this week and last are in trouble...??

EDIT: also did anyone see sugar fail to break out...that surely has to mean something...dunno what...

Last edited:
it just simply has no choice... thats what happens when u flood the system with money. although obviously i think it will lead to bigger problems down the road. wont go down until it becomes clear companies wont return to original levels of profitability and we cant pay off our national debt. would not be at all surprised to see stocks break high for the year one more time before a big big move down. still too many people looking for this pullback right now. itll happen when everyone thinks we're in the clear. thats what i think anyway.......and im in atlanta.... and yes... the euro wants to go down, just a matter of when, best not to be too stubborn about the timing tho. i dont want to lose money on this trade. when the big money comes in to sell the stock market u'll know, itll be obvious... there's just no one with any size actively selling this market right now. shorts wont be able to drive it down, there will have to be another wave of capitulation.

Last edited:
There's not much point in overanalyzing the charts.. this is the last week of August when half of the floor is on vacation.. The moves make no sense and reverse easily..

You would think that if tons of good news and equity strength cannot move Euro higher then the slimmest bit of fear will cause it to tank.. I can't believe it hasn't moved way up!

the euro will obvi move higher with equities, thats a given. by how much is another issue... if we see equities break high and the euro cant, that will strengthen the bearish argument....im done with the euro short for the time being by the way.

Last edited:
well pretty decent failure of the head and sholders pattern..pritty bullish signal..maybe on last run up before this thing will hopefully FU CK OFF AND DIE's

Attachments

• EURUSD.jpg
    EURUSD.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 118
At 4:00 est, if it closed below 1.423, it's bearish. Otherwise if it's above 1.425, bullish

Isn't the close calculated at 5PM EST??

Also, I'm hearing of bank stops 1.428 .. I just moved my stop to 1.4283 .. no point in riding it up to the bitter end

alright, it'll revisit 1.427 and try to break it, saving for the Asian session