Forex Day Trader's Thread

I had already taken profit and was taking a break and noticed the ridiculous move higher again.. thank god for taking profit manually.. I thought I might have shorted myself and then I saw what it did..

yea man, happened in a split second... i wasnt able to cover everything down there, bit lucky to take profits on a chunk because i wanted to let it ride

haha...all relative, this is a longer term trade for me, want to let it ride for a while. wasnt antipicpating a sharp retracement. so yes, but not literally.

it does not matter that euro dived to 1.4130 and then recovered to 1.42.. if the countertrend has ended, than the countertrend has ended.. yeah it still can be underway.. but i think this already COULD be enougt , and after a succesful brake of 1.4070/1.4100 euro/usd will rapidly move lower

I made almost $1,400 today :cheesy:

Got in too early on a Euro short and lost 25 but was able to land a great short at the 1.4235 pivot

now I'm trying to figure out a way to lose it tomorrow.. I'm selling Euros at 1.4322 and buying ninja again at 95.18

I'll never trade the Fed again though because the price action whips around too much while the market is trying to interpret the information.. My order was filled and then immediately the price snapped back to within a few pips of my stop loss.. it chopped around 20-30 pips for the next few minutes but steadily downward.. I definitely prefer when the news is just one number, or a few numbers.. the market knows exactly what to do.. You can setup a stop and have it filled and take profit in 20 seconds..

I made almost $1,400 today :cheesy:

Got in too early on a Euro short and lost 25 but was able to land a great short at the 1.4235 pivot

now I'm trying to figure out a way to lose it tomorrow.. I'm selling Euros at 1.4322 and buying ninja again at 95.18

nice, but dont cheer to much in good periods, this could turn against you, leave you emotions out of trading ;)

EURO desires 4360 by the end of the week. If you think that it will make a small bounce then tank then I can't see it. Price action rarely bucks the theory of alternating impulse wave and retracement.

I hope y'all are priming for a short!

euro can bounce to 1.43x best case, but many will sell off euro then

i disagree, the move up in the usd index was not corrective but impulsive, more upside coming for usd index , any correction can be viewed as a buying opportunity

Maybe, but I imagine you'll be piping bear melodies by the end of play on Friday.

Been a bit of a strange day today and I feel maybe there's still another twist in the plot. It wouldn't surprise me if I flattened up before the fed and just sat on the sides. (If 1.43 hits before 7pm i'm out like a jewel thief :LOL:)

Oh well, looks like I was right about the twist. I stupidly held over rates and saw my profit get vanquished. Looking at the fundamental side the drop was illogical so I held my ground and got out of my trades this afternoon for about 1.4264. There was more obviously but i'm farely happy with the outcome. On to the next trade (y)