Forex Day Trader's Thread

who knws why sterling is tanking. profit taking? But not as if the rally was so huge that traders would be ready to take profit. I think its a good level to go long

who knws why sterling is tanking. profit taking? But not as if the rally was so huge that traders would be ready to take profit. I think its a good level to go long

I would dare say the straling has intercepted with resistance, making a close above the 21 day EMA last week, and then falling back this week, simple trend with counter trend move up to enter. Random expectation for declines.

file.php

I came out looking pretty good with my Cable move.....

Not sure what to get into now!!!

dont trade

hi,

as a professional, you soon discover the need "not to trade",

You made some money, take the day off, dont get too caught up in being in every move.

I am short GBPUSD, as per the previous chart I posted, and I am up 4 times my risk, thats enough trading for me today.

I was thinking about going long Cable from here.....

Euro/Dollar has not moved to the downside as much as expected.

I was thinking about going long Cable from here.....

Euro/Dollar has not moved to the downside as much as expected.

I cant understand a trade against todays move and against overall sell pressure?
makes no sense?

I cant understand a trade against todays move and against overall sell pressure?
makes no sense?

I don't understand it either.....but the markets are doing insane things....its best not to think like the majority.....the majority have the tendency to turn on each other very viciously.....

Its worth a try!

I have respect for all traders and I am by ni means insulting your views here.

But take a look at what you have said. You have no trading plan or setup which confirms your trade, your saying "its worth a try", hope is not trading.

If your trading price aciton, you must have a plkan and a strict rule set up for various setups and types of trends.

This GBPUSD has moved up into the core of the sell zone in the 1.4300 area and is telling the world it wants to go down, now why do you really feel your "guess" is goign to work.

Being a contrarian is only good when you are using counter trend movement to enter in the direciton of the trend. Guessing the highs and lows base don gut feel is a risky unworkeable method.

Some thoughts, and again, this is pure discussion and not a personal attack whatsoever.

A seasoned trader keeps thing simple, its its falling, sell it, if its rising buy it. Follow prevailing chart trends (pressure) and always stick to a written plan of some form.

I have respect for all traders and I am by ni means insulting your views here.

But take a look at what you have said. You have no trading plan or setup which confirms your trade, your saying "its worth a try", hope is not trading.

If your trading price aciton, you must have a plkan and a strict rule set up for various setups and types of trends.

This GBPUSD has moved up into the core of the sell zone in the 1.4300 area and is telling the world it wants to go down, now why do you really feel your "guess" is goign to work.

Being a contrarian is only good when you are using counter trend movement to enter in the direciton of the trend. Guessing the highs and lows base don gut feel is a risky unworkeable method.

Some thoughts, and again, this is pure discussion and not a personal attack whatsoever.

A seasoned trader keeps thing simple, its its falling, sell it, if its rising buy it. Follow prevailing chart trends (pressure) and always stick to a written plan of some form.

Hunter,

pls Read back a few post in this thread....discussions during the weekend were that Cable would trend upwards towards 15000....I had a short at 14250 middle of last week, and then I added to my short at 14500 late on Friday....at this point consensus over the weekend in this thread was that there would be more upside....I was not 100% sure of my trade decision, you never can be 100%, however my gut instinct on Friday night when I added to my original 14250 losing short position was that there would be an un-antisipated drop towards 14000 even though consensus and TA was clearly pointing to further upside....to me the pot got too full too quickly....and as a result I think the same has happened or is happening now as Cable points towards 14000....I think there will be a significant surge upwards...no body knows where cable will be in the long term...i'm just trying to be nimble, paranoid, and think atleast 5 times before I execute the the transaction....I do go against the grain sometimes...

I haven't put the long on yet for cable.....I've though about it twise so far.....I need to think about it atleast 3 more times before I make a move.

Also last 2 or three mondays has set the trend for the week. Although cable hasn't closed it's w/e gap.

trailed euro/usd stop hit.. earlier in the day..

looks some suckers are fighting to keep up the euro..

trailed euro/usd stop hit.. earlier in the day..

looks some suckers are fighting to keep up the euro..

Has not been a gud day for us has it Rid. I was stopped out on the long GBP/USD trade. Seems the market is expecting a rate cut this week, I still do not believe they will cut. Most of the bad fundamentals have been priced into sterling, so I am still quite bullish on sterling. However, a rate cut this Thursday would totally change my view about where this sterling is going. The pound is still very vulnerable, I have learnt that today

plunge protection team .. sigh....

step aside.. i am not gonna long this creepy bitch euro. at this moment..

Has not been a gud day for us has it Rid. I was stopped out on the long GBP/USD trade. Seems the market is expecting a rate cut this week, I still do not believe they will cut. Most of the bad fundamentals have been priced into sterling, so I am still quite bullish on sterling. However, a rate cut this Thursday would totally change my view about where this sterling is going. The pound is still very vulnerable, I have learnt that today

i got a 5pip gain trailed stop.. on euro earlier today..
it should have gone to 1.25 , before Plunge Protection Team joined to spoil my party

euro stalled around 1.27 .but next time it will plunge below before reversing