Forex Day Trader's Thread

I don't know how to read the true range but I just noticed that it bottomed out Thursday. What does that tend to imply?

I guess the volumes over christmas period had been low, if we talikng about the ATR bing the daily measure from high to low.
As per USD Index, I guess many people dont expect further decline as It could really damage world s peace, and commodity prices, inflation, EU export and growth, Middle East inflation and price of oil. In addition, is there another way to finance US current account deficit than via foreign capital?

I do also believe that this year EU will fall into troubles. :sleep:
hehe, but on the positive note: noone really knows what is goint to happen

Last edited:
i would say that means the market has been trading tighter, it depends on what variables you are using, I dont have anything open in front of me right now but I think the default is 14 days.

Why am I staring at the screen waiting for the open? Only lunatics trade the first hour on Sunday

I want to get back to work though! No more irritating Christmas music.. no more football.. no more feasts.. let's GO!

I "might" go long on another pass at 1.43 .. gold shot up on the open and is now retreating pulling Euro with it.. this is why I don't like the first few hours on Sunday.

Nikkei is up close to 1% so I'll assume that gold foolishness is leading forex presently... very ugly.

Nikkei continuing to surge and gold is calming down.. I would have to assume that Europe will take risk and run with it (assuming there is no meaningful European data to prevent emulation of Japanese markets)..

up slightly on both trades and holding for a beautiful Monday.

well, I'm up nicely on the 2nd Euro trade but still pissed off because the trading is so awful.. I was looking forward to measured moves and sensibility but it doesn't seem to be happening :(

I'm long USD/CAD off the pivot 1.0455 .. ridiculously tight stop 1.0442 t/p 1.056

moving the stop up at the first opportunity

1.45 will naturally be a psychological resistance level. Will definatly be shorting before it. 1.444 is looking a likely short.