Forex Day Trader's Thread

Anyone have any trades to call out?

£400 is a big chunk of my account. I only started trading "properly" a few days ago with 500. Made 250 and an now sitting at around 290 left In my account. However, I have a sweet deal with my spread betting company. I get 250 cashback on losses made within first two months so I'm gonna claim it back and move back to 500. Not happy but I guess it cud have been a lot worse.

hi Monitor.. I wish I would have waited for Cable to come higher but that's the way it goes sometimes.. At least my Euro trade is looking promising..

I'm short Euro and got stopped on Cable.. didn't get back in.. although I could now since it's back to where I got stopped, but my plan is to leave it alone and try again at that daily SMA around 1.62

I'm short Euro and got stopped on Cable.. didn't get back in.. although I could now since it's back to where I got stopped, but my plan is to leave it alone and try again at that daily SMA around 1.62

hey pippy,

i totally relate to you with that one! damn pound! i cant seem to find any concrete fundamentals today in relation to this rally, but i guiess it was coming! my first trade where i go short on cable and i get bit in the backside!

quick question, whats your exposure on average on these trades you are placing? for example, could you tell me in terms of $'s per point/pip?

Thanks again and all the best with your next few trades!

So you're with VC financials? Why are you doing £4/pt? :confused:

i know i knowim gutted! please dont remind me! lol!

im with worldspreads! i also got £100 free along with the 250 cashback so i actually had a £350 shortfall with that trade of mine! not bad eh!

so what are your thoughts on cable now? surely a short trade is justified???

all the best!

$100,000 on Euro,Cable, Loonie and Aussie
$200,000 on USD/JPY

but for the last three weeks I've only been using $50,000 on Euro,Cable, Loonie and Aussie due to thin liquidity and volatility..

I would say that at 4GBP per pip you are over-leveraged two days before the end of the year.. particularly since you just started trading with real money. There's an extremely high chance that you're going to lose it and it would be better to make it last as long as you can so that you can learn something while in the process of learning and losing.

I blew out my account 6 times to the tune of $6,000 before I ever made a penny ;)

$100,000 on Euro,Cable, Loonie and Aussie
$200,000 on USD/JPY

but for the last three weeks I've only been using $50,000 on Euro,Cable, Loonie and Aussie due to thin liquidity and volatility..

I would say that at 4GBP per pip you are over-leveraged two days before the end of the year.. particularly since you just started trading with real money. There's an extremely high chance that you're going to lose it and it would be better to make it last as long as you can so that you can learn something while in the process of learning and losing.

I blew out my account 6 times to the tune of $6,000 before I ever made a penny ;)

thats a good bit of exposure you have there, but its obvious you also have the experience to justify those sort of trades (i just got greedy when i should've left it and moved to the next day).

Do u recommend that i trade with no more than £2 per pip maybe???

Thanks pippy!!

Jesus....£2/pip on a £500 account is still too much. Think more like 50p really and that's pushing it.

Jesus....£2/pip on a £500 account is still too much. Think more like 50p really and that's pushing it.

Thanks, will do!

whats ur background masquerade? what do you trade most and how successful have you been with those currency pairs?

Thnks for the heads up, appreciate it!

all depends on the probable success rate of your trade...50/50 probability and you blow out fast no matter what leverage..however 90% probability would make risking 5%-10% of account most justifiable:cool:

mb blue, have you established your expected win/loss ratio yet? if not, then you'll be guessing on how much to stake per pip so go for the lowest you can..