Forex Day Trader's Thread

Mask, I don't see UC bounds back anytime soon though. Talking about long term

You don't see usd/cad going up? Do you watch it much? Word on the street is it's going up and i'll try take 1000 pts on this trade if I can and more importantly i'll be trading it properly in new year if it looks good. It's difficult to say whether this huge $ strength is a case of the tides turning or just people squaring off their books but the new year will make things easier to obtain an idea.

Yes, see it's going up. But I think it's not a new major trend yet, maybe going a couple hundreds pips. It may go a bit lower before reverse the major trend. Just my opinion, maybe wrong though :p

yeah tell me about it.. I was doing great this month until I pushed my luck and I'm not having a good day..

I'm really unhappy about Euro.. It was so easy to buy pullbacks and make big money, but now it's going to be running all over the place.. I was really looking forward to it bouncing in a 1.55 - 1.6 range for months and months next year.. Now what?

usd/cad and usd/jpy. Or you start selling that stuff. It depends what happens in new year. For now I have no real fixed plans regarding trading next year. Eur/usd has definitely become tougher over the last few weeks.

Gold prices plunged Thursday as the dollar surged against the euro amid concerns about the economic health of certain European nations.

February gold fell $28, or 2.5%, to settle at $1,107.40 an ounce after falling to a low of $1,098 an ounce earlier in the session. The retreat came two weeks after gold settled at an all-time high of $1,218.30 an ounce.