Forex Day Trader's Thread

pippy.jpg

I don't think steroids and currency trading will go together well, be carefull m8!

that's the next stop after 1.425 and then 1.40 if that breaks.. I'm not riding it though.. if 1.425 breaks then I'm back in at the next support ;)

EU daily stochastic %D now reads 9.5, a very extreme level. I've looked back in the chart and the only other time the reading was that low was in early August 2008. However, back then the decline was MUCH slower.. 11 days in this move vs. 40+ days..

that's the result of a straight decline of 900 pips without any significant bounce. Virtually all of Euro's gains since early August were peeled off in 11 days..
The Euro can't seem to catch a break.. every time it tries to poke it's head up there's something else waiting to smack it back down.. Still I think a sellable bounce to 1.445-1.45 is highly likely.

I think an order at 1.4187 would be a high probability win if it happens Sunday/Monday

Euro trades since last Wednesday

+25,+5,+46,-11,-65,-12,-50,+59

Grand total trying to pick the bottom

-3 pips :|

I'd hate to miss the bounce after all that work.. it'll be worth some nice money!

But Michigan is still far from its recorded high of 16.9% unemployment in November 1982.

Vitner said the number of people dropping out of Michigan's labor force has rescued it from plunging further.

Rhode Island had the next highest rate at 12.7%, followed by California, Nevada and South Carolina, each at 12.3%.

North Dakota continued to post the lowest unemployment rate, showing 4.1% in November. It was followed by Nebraska, at 4.5% and South Dakota, at 5.0%.

A majority of states showed very slight month-over-month increases or decreases in their unemployment rates, but a few had significant jumps. The jobless rate in Kentucky fell to 10.6% from 11.3%, while it dropped to 8.2% from 8.8% in Connecticut. The unemployment rate in Florida rose to 11.5% from 11.3% the previous month.

Unemployment continued to be the lowest in the Northeast region of the country, coming in at 8.7%. The West again had the highest regional jobless rate, at 10.6%, though that was a slight decline from the previous month.

It's actually a little hard to tell if it's long-term profit-taking due to end of year squaring of books or is due to Greece, Latvia, Austria and/or general EZ weakness and is a sustainable move (which in theory would target below 1.23).

To me it seems like traders who have held longs since 1.25 have said," Dubai = the end of the line for 2009", BUT will they pick Euro up again at the 38.2 on the weeklies of the March-Dec 2009 move? It comes in at approx 1.412ish and should be a tough nut to crack.

I've been trying to land the bounce and the more it comes down the more desperately it needs to bounce. I've only been doing this since 2004 and I can't remember seeing a move of this magnitude go from 1.25 to 1.51 and retrace to 38.2 without coming up for air at all..

Check out Mt. Everest forming on the Dailies :LOL:

If it comes down to 1.41XX within the next few days being laughably oversold I'm in big with a stop below the 38.2 ;)

Another serious middle-east issue, that is failing to make major headlines.. I am glad US did not get involved (at least so far). Otherwise that could have been a similar type situation as Russia had with Georgia. Goodbye 1.38 levels, cause that's what the USD bulls have been waiting for since Obama came it. I don't do FOREX, but this is a great time to get long EUR in my opinion, and I am also waiting for the 1.42 or just below.

yup.. should be a minor bounce, then a great short opportunity then a buy and hold Euro trade..

In reality the Iranian troops have only moved 50 yards away :LOL:

The whole thing seems like bait for our army.. neither the Iraqis or US are taking it.

GBPJPY SELL 145.80 Stop 1.25 DR Short term target 150 pips. Longer inter session traders Hold For Big Dicks Trend Change.

Trade / Reason Idea Big Dicks Are Short The Market

regards,

Dick