Following the money: catching the trends before they realize

Some short, most long

so you shorted gold this week?

were you long or short?

what open positions do you have?

sorry, having probs understanding you.

I had to keep enough shorts on to keep the price down. I haven't had much of a care where my buy-average is considering I'm in for a very substantial extension. My average ATM is probably around $1,310. The price ended up moving up outside of where I was looking for it too this week so I sold a bit of that mod-term position above $1,320 to 'hold it down'. But afterwards I got a chance to cover my shorts so I have been buying back bit by bit. I am still holding a hefty position targeting $1,500+ though. I think gold will have trouble breaking down below $1,300 again. Now my position is nearly entirely buys. I'm only loading a couple shorts here and there to make some intermediate profits and to tighten the price range. I think now is a bad time to over-extend myself short. I don't want to have to sacrifice any of my profits in the mod-term. I think the next extension is going to start up strong next week.

Last edited:
Gold took quite a hit today

I still have not lost confidence that the bounce is coming up though. We're still in the "loading range" for an extension to $1,500. Between $1,250 and $1,350 to me is a buy.

But this drop has given me a hell of an opportunity to improve my average.

I had to keep enough shorts on to keep the price down. I haven't had much of a care where my buy-average is considering I'm in for a very substantial extension. My average ATM is probably around $1,310. The price ended up moving up outside of where I was looking for it too this week so I sold a bit of that mod-term position above $1,320 to 'hold it down'. But afterwards I got a chance to cover my shorts so I have been buying back bit by bit. I am still holding a hefty position targeting $1,500+ though. I think gold will have trouble breaking down below $1,300 again. Now my position is nearly entirely buys. I'm only loading a couple shorts here and there to make some intermediate profits and to tighten the price range. I think now is a bad time to over-extend myself short. I don't want to have to sacrifice any of my profits in the mod-term. I think the next extension is going to start up strong next week.

and EURUSD? long or short? averaging down? or just large SLs?

has your 'medium' term (weekly) view changed, or have you reevaluated? if so, post a chart if poss with thoughts?

g/l.

Last edited:
did i read something about picking tops and bottoms in this thread or was that another thread?

this research and information here is all well and good, and mostly good
but there is no need to be trying to pick tops and bottoms - the market gives out plenty of signals so one can jump on the trend when its back in the direction the research is indicating
sure you will miss out on some or alot of the start of the runs
but you also don't EVER have to average down again, as the method then does not require or allow averaging down
just a suggestion, as ive also being doing this a while, and used to average down abit, but not anymore
averaging down as we all know is the No.2 or No3? killer of accounts

anyhow keep up the good work

(and you don't need to justify any positions to anyone)

Last edited:
Gold opened up, blew off some pressure

Made a strong but subtle move up after its' initial correction. I think this week is a buy, my previous expectations were incorrect as I did not predict the sharp capitulation seen last week. Look at the price on silver, it is holding steady and churning up extremely subtly. This weeks' opening leads me to believe many are loading well above support, a very good sign that the next extension will be more significant than the last. I expect accumulation to get competitive later on this week as we see the price continue to move up.

I continue to buy.

EUR holding up despite recent weakness

The EUR got kicked down hard last week but this week it opened trading in a relatively tight range. My previous expectations that the price would rebound last week and drop off this week have been dashed - likely by my own impatience. Now that even the late - comers shorting are deep in the money I think it will begin to move up. I would put up a time estimate say, 2 weeks of the EUR moving up but I will refrain due to my lack of correct time calibration.

The USD on the other hand opened up yet sold off quite a bit. I think it will have a hard time breaking past 77 this week. I'm expecting the EURUSD to pivot.

I like where the AUD is at, it is moving sharply to the upside and corrections are smooth indicating strong buying pressure. This week I consider the AUDUSD to be the choice pair for short-term swingers.

There you have it, my basic forecast until further notice. Happy trading.

Last edited:
MY focus is on the EURAUD and USDAUD

and EURUSD? long or short? averaging down? or just large SLs?

has your 'medium' term (weekly) view changed, or have you reevaluated? if so, post a chart if poss with thoughts?

g/l.

I hold a bearish stance for both the EUR and USD for the mod-term. While the EUR moving up will lead the USD down in the short-term and the EUR moving down will lead the USD up in the short-term I believe they will both move down significantly relative to the other major currencies. This is why I would consider them as short-term swing options but I would limit my capital allocation because of the higher risk such trading entails. This week I would buy the EURUSD. But I would try to take profits swiftly.

Last edited:
Good input

did i read something about picking tops and bottoms in this thread or was that another thread?

this research and information here is all well and good, and mostly good
but there is no need to be trying to pick tops and bottoms - the market gives out plenty of signals so one can jump on the trend when its back in the direction the research is indicating
sure you will miss out on some or alot of the start of the runs
but you also don't EVER have to average down again, as the method then does not require or allow averaging down
just a suggestion, as ive also being doing this a while, and used to average down abit, but not anymore
averaging down as we all know is the No.2 or No3? killer of accounts

anyhow keep up the good work

(and you don't need to justify any positions to anyone)

Personally I like to get in on the trend before it realizes. That way I can stay on top of things.

Gold accumulation at impressive levels

It went down further than expected, I continue to accumulate with the rest.

I was hoping it would make a bounce from a higher price in order to stay away from previous support which we are closing in on. That way it would run up sharper and faster due to the surprise factor. Oh well, just a chance for me to get a better average.

Gold's springing

Early buy signal, sprung up from the most recent bottom. Volume blew up shorts better cover.

Gold got killed again

My practice account got wiped out. 5M on 1,000 leverage. I'm really upset everyone. The market didn't take my direction like I wanted it too.

But joking aside I really did get wiped out, I wish I could simulate how the market would have reacted if I was loading real lots though.

Anyway clearly operators need to A. grow bigger balls or B. consolidate their efforts. Because if gold bounced from $1,300 or $1,280 and rocketed up from there there would have been a lot more money for them to be had. They would have been taking profits from those that over-extended short and were taking profits and subsequently losses, those profiting shorts and topped off from those bulls who were late on the reversal. The closer we get to support the less profits there will be in the run.

I can't even imagine the power 100M on 1,000 leverage would have over the price fluctuations of gold. :devilish:

I can already tell I'm going to get some major kicks out of gold trading.

Last edited:
Opened up a more realistic practice account

This one has a $2,147,433,647 in it at 1000x leverage potential. This way I can contribute up to 20% of the volume and never possibly get wiped out. I figure this is reasonable. I'm accumulating with the rest. Still quite surprised more people didn't step up and create higher support and send it off. They could have whipped up the shorts and bought off the loaders averaging down early. Would have made for a much sharper trend, i.e. more profits. Gold is accumulating for the long-term obviously. Next year I expect it will preform VERY well.

This is obviously gearing up for a huge extension a/d has never been this high.

as i said its better to wait :)
Gold will give the buy signal either next wk
or wk after
or wk after that :D

still, there will be buy signals (soon) and then just hop on for the ride
cuz who the heck knows what levels the big boys choose, its not random
but there targets can vary especially on Gold

not here to say i told you so.. but we've all tried to pick tops and bottoms
sometimes it works amazingly well - the next times, not always so well

and thought it might be demo, as risk is obviously not the same..
anyhow it serves as a good lesson for others - not to try to pick tops or bottoms
(rule No.4 of how to blow accounts)

Last edited:
Expecting it to bounce above support

as i said its better to wait :)
Gold will give the buy signal either next wk
or wk after
or wk after that :D

still, there will be buy signals (soon) and then just hop on for the ride
cuz who the heck knows what levels the big boys choose, its not random
but there targets can vary especially on Gold

not here to say i told you so.. but we've all tried to pick tops and bottoms
sometimes it works amazingly well - the next times, not always so well

and thought it might be demo, as risk is obviously not the same..
anyhow it serves as a good lesson for others - not to try to pick tops or bottoms
(rule No.4 of how to blow accounts)

Accumulation is at record levels, I'm surprised no one jacked it sooner. They would have made out with some crazy money. But here we have some fanatical bears smashing the price to pieces. I'm truly surprised no one with enough clout to buy them out stepped up to the table. They could have whipped EVERYBODY up.

Accumulation is at record levels, I'm surprised no one jacked it sooner. They would have made out with some crazy money. But here we have some fanatical bears smashing the price to pieces. I'm truly surprised no one with enough clout to buy them out stepped up to the table. They could have whipped EVERYBODY up.

its extremely likely its the same sellers that re-buy at their chosen levels
possibly the likes of JPM and GS working together
especially as they are all owned by the same company and family, so there are n't many others that can move the Gold market on their own

Golds not to be messed with, without a very strict system
once spoke to a guy on another forum who blew his 25K inheritance in 3wks trading Gold
after a wk we never heard from him again, and after he had to tell his dad
hopefully hes fine, but i bet he's never forgot his 3wks trading the Gold stuff

at least you were honest enough to admit it went wrong, it happens to us all
its a tough game, but some don't admit it

Gold will re-rise again soon enough, but in the medium to long term is anyone's guess

Last edited:
My practice account got wiped out. 5M on 1,000 leverage. I'm really upset everyone. The market didn't take my direction like I wanted it too.

But joking aside I really did get wiped out, I wish I could simulate how the market would have reacted if I was loading real lots though.

Anyway clearly operators need to A. grow bigger balls or B. consolidate their efforts. Because if gold bounced from $1,300 or $1,280 and rocketed up from there there would have been a lot more money for them to be had. They would have been taking profits from those that over-extended short and were taking profits and subsequently losses, those profiting shorts and topped off from those bulls who were late on the reversal. The closer we get to support the less profits there will be in the run.

I can't even imagine the power 100M on 1,000 leverage would have over the price fluctuations of gold. :devilish:

I can already tell I'm going to get some major kicks out of gold trading.

Crabs I'm still convinced you think the ability to move the market = free money. You're so wrong! You still need to 'get it right' even if you can move the market yourself. Fake outs are often entities actually not faking you at all, they are consuming say 10 prices of liquidity with huge clips and then getting absolutely destroyed on their ave position. They are losing huge amounts of money but may simply be hedging or holding. Moving markets does not equal making money from that move. YOU BOUGHT THE MOVE. Breakout momentum is far from guaranteed, more like 50/50. Risk vs return is crap. Stop seeking is a different game. Value at risk controls will prevent you from loading up whatever you like whenever you like.

The only way to do this for sure is to use HFT spoofing (oh that's illegal by the way), otherwise the market is quite good at making this difficult, as it is at making everything legitimate difficult.

Also nobody in the history of the world has traded gold at 1000 to 1 leverage on a 100m or even a 5m account. Madness. You've got everything back to front even from your fantasy perspective.

Sorry to hear about your troubles on your practice acct, but you need to rethink everything you think you know. Operators aren't going to 'consolidate' against JP Morgan. I won't bother your threads again.

its extremely likely its the same sellers that re-buy at their chosen levels
possibly the likes of JPM and GS working together
especially as they are all owned by the same company and family, so there are n't many others that can move the Gold market on their own

Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are owned by the same company and family??? That's quite a revelation ...you know something that isn't a matter of public record then, feel free to enlighten us?

Last edited:
Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase are owned by the same company and family??? That's quite a revelation ...you know something that isn't a matter of public record then, feel free to enlighten us?

they are both owned by the Rothschilds group
and own most of wall street, and what they don't have yet, they either don't want or are accumulating whats left

i thought this was common knowledge
"know thy enemy" and all that

Last edited:
they are both owned by the Rothschilds group
and own most of wall street, and what they don't have yet, they either don't want or are accumulating whats left

i thought this was common knowledge
"know thy enemy" and all that

I hope you're joking. I take it you don't like the old children of Zion eh and believe all this nonsense?

I'll assume this is all a big joke and you're not that pig ignorant.

That way I can live with T2W better.