FinSpreads

I had phone trading only for most of yesterday and this morning, Site is also acting very irregularly, my watch list keeps disappearing. Very disappointing as I’m not prepared to risk my money while the site is so unreliable.

...it's gone on long enough, they should have had this sorted by now - @#ss poor. I'll be opening a CapitalSpreads account today, let's hope that lot have a half decent capacity planning strategy in place.

D4F looks good but there have been a lot of bad reports.

Capital Spreads is my pref at the moment.

Juanbyte

Thanks so have you had any problems with capital spreads and whats the spread on say the dow .

Kevinmcm,

re your issue re seeing another traders account, say you will complain to the FSA and that you want it raising as a Data Protection Breach they should wet themselves if that is the case. Did you get a screen print of it?

Thanks Kevinmcm thats not bad at all,but is it reliable thats the main thing can you trust them . :p ;) ;) :cool:

Good idea to have 2 SB acounts with different firms. Then if one position going sour and you can't open site to close or get connected by phone, you can at least open an opposing position on the other site to neutralise your exposure.

Of course, the very time you won't be able to get a phone answered is when the site is down, as then everyone else will be doing the same and phone trading.

I've been using fins for a while now and i find them ok ,been playing up a bit lately though but then they have just updated the site :cool: :D

Phone trading only for FTSE this morning, 0808. Frustrating.

But makes a change from 'server unavailable'.

Have e-mailed company re this. Also e-mailed them last week but no response yet.

I sent a ripping email off to Fins yesterday, regarding the new system in general. More specifically I complained about the system going down just as I opend a new SPX position. Couldnt set a stop and couldnt get through on the phone as so many people had given up on the online system. I was going out and by the time I got back I was out 5 points at £5 pp. No big deal you might say. This morning I got a very nice email back and for my hassle a £100 credit to my account.

Customer service has always been very good and I have had prices adjusted in my favour before. Shame the trading system is letting them down for now.

Good on Fins accepting the problems exist and taking my complaints on board.

Kevin.

Last edited:
dazzam said:
Kevinmcm,

re your issue re seeing another traders account, say you will complain to the FSA and that you want it raising as a Data Protection Breach they should wet themselves if that is the case. Did you get a screen print of it?
[/QUOTE

That was the one thing I didnt mention and no I didnt get a screen dump of it. I should follow it up of course as someone could get my positions up and do something stupid :confused:

Kevin.

Kevin,

You certainly should as this is an exceedingly dangerous breach and in certain circumstances has resulted in the site being closed down.

The Finspreads new site is still very unstable after several days (Wed 19th Nov) and it looks as though they are now trying to fix it, but do not want to be honest about the true level of problems. FINSPREADS have put a message on the account page saying that the only part of their site not working is the split screen, this is rubbish as the Print of Contracts does not work and the Watch list keeps giving up and showing a blank screen. I have stopped trading with them and will use Cantor Index, I will not use them again until they fix the Printing of Contracts as I use this for my records and will not trade without it . The Managing Director of Finspreads Patrick Latchford needs to wake up to what is going on, or he will lose all his customers and FINSPREADS will go bust . Twiggy two

I have moved over to IG now from Fins due to the incredible 'system problems' which occur at 14:30-15:00 most days for some strange reason!!!

Does anyone from Fins frequent these boards, if you do then please SORT IT or you WILL lose your clients!

Cancelation of bets placed 2 months ago ...

Hi, I'd like to ask if is ok, that SB company can cancel bets which were placed and closed! one or two months ago (october/november or even september) . This happens to me at the moment, reason they tell me was "incorrect price" and take all profit from my account resulting in negative balance. Every week I've got statement with credit and I traded with believe I have enough money, and now it will be loss. Is here some period they should find errors ? Because if i know that error immedietally or let say few days I will not allow let my account to make loss.

Any help, what should I do ?
R.

cancellation of bets

Well i'm not really sure how you would stand but its a subject that needs addressing, how many other people has it happened to? i am a newbie to this site so some of the threads have made very interesting reading, i was making steady pfofits until finspreads updated there site then i suffered a £1000 loss, if my trades go against me i have no trouble closing trades at a loss but if i am a few points up i sometimes have a hell of a job closing a trade, it will be interesting to see the replys regarding cancellation of bets.

IF you can show they are at fault, i.e. server down, phones all jammed then argue every case. Fins customer service dept is second to none. On the odd occasion I have argued the point it has gone in my favour or the contentious price has been adjusted to an agreed level. If you dont tell them they cant do much.

Kevin.