FinSpreads

DESKPRO

120 0
Must say like the look of the new FinSpreads web site.. also DAILY DOW CASH spread has been reduced to 6..may the SB's carry on competing against each other.

kevinmcm

220 2
Yes I agree. It look smarter, appears to run faster and I like the split view and streaming news. There is another company who offer good spreads on DAX/FTSE http://www.capitalspreads.com at a 3 point spread. The SPX daily is 0.6 instead of 0.7 on Fins. Not a vast improvement but its another choice.

moog

12 0
Has anyone else had problems with the new finspreads site switching to 'phone trading only' intermittently? (It usually happens when the spread is in a profitable range for me :-/ )

DESKPRO

120 0
Yes having second thoughts on the new site. Looks better but many times it switches to Phone Trading Only ,curiously today both times when Dow is usually volatile:- 2:40PM and 7:00PM. Also several times price stopped updating and had to logout and loginagain. Maybe teething problems but hope it is not going to keep switching to phone trade when its in their interests otherwise will be well pissed off.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,171 1,239
I was very excited to see the new finspreads site, but disappointed to find its just a new front - same trading platform behind. Now I do like their trading platform, but its just so unreliable - 'server unavailable' is going to become part of everyday language at this rate, like 'mind the gap'.

Guess what - first time I saw the new front page, the server was unavailable. Also when we had the recent interest rate announcememnt, I thought I'd log on and just see how the market was reacting - server unavailable.

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 10
?
am I missing something ?
it looks the same to me
-especially the 'server unavailable' -

Harlosh

11 0
Just looked at the site again to find that the whole site has been changed now - even the trading platform, not just the front page. The split screen is pretty impressive but is beauty only skin deep I wonder.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,171 1,239
Harlosh - you're right - the back-end of the site has been changed and it looks very nice indeed. However, there's still the same old message - 'server unavailable'. Can't see my account, can't trade, can't get prices.

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 10
still not sure what the fuss is about.
they have simply switched to java based application.
split screen as you call it was always available
just needed to right click and open new window.

?
java based applications will probably cause problems sooner or later
because of the msft/sun conflict

old format is still available when you get those problems.

moog

12 0
The DOW dropped 50 points just now, guess what, phone trades only...

They suck you in with 8 weeks penny practice time, but what they don't tell you is that unless you bet in pounds then you can't place a stop or use the phone trading system to take profit when they lock you out.

Once my practice time is over I guess I'll be trying another SB company.

Jdax

39 2
Phoned the this lorning and they conformed 'teething problems' with new software which should be fixed next week. . It does seem to coincide with moves in the market but if there is a problem then volume of trades could be a legitimate reason. Next week will tell.
On the old system I don't remember this being such a problem so either they've changed for the worse or it's a genuine problem ??

kevinmcm

220 2
Cant fault the new Fins system. You get the 'server unavailable' twice as fast now !

Bonsai - no reason for any app to cause problems due to M$/Sun battle. No new app has any reason to cause conflict. Its not exactly just been announced. Remeber the old marketing slogan for Java 'write once, run anywhere'.

Is it possible to still get onto the old Fins system ? Which was also Java based I should add. The new system at first glance was faster ( until today ) and was supposed to ffer better live pricing. News feature is also helpful.

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock