Be-aware of finspreads

Spreadbetting companies are not accountable to anybody (it is why they are banned in the US, but allowed to reign free in rip off Britain).
Rubbish.

It's banned in the US because it's illegal to offer more than 2:1 leverage on stocks to retail clients. Nothing to do with betting, CFDs come under identical regulation. It's only recently that they've started regulating FX to any effective degree - the bucket shops which have closed down make the worst SB look like an angel.

How come futures & Forex are leveredged to the hilt in USA ?
I can trade SP500 Furutes for £300 per contract.
Forex is 400 to one on the futures contract that is all ready highly leveraged.

Best to do business in the open market, SB and Forex bucket shops ........................

Where do you trade the S&P futures for this margin? The exchange minimum is around $30000 ($6000 for the mini).

I know there are forex brokers out there offering huge leverage, but doesn't this worry you? Institutional rates are far higher than this, so either i) they're bucketing your trades or ii) they're not operating the most stable business model. If it's in the US, your funds won't be segregated for FX, so good luck.

OK -so you mean mini S&P, and the margin rate only applies if you're day trading. You didn't mention that. Guaranteed fills aren't exactly novel either - you're trading on an electronic order book, how could they be anything else?