Finspreads - Pull your finger out !

Finspreads completes the week with charts behind 1h to 5h all prices 36min behind
answered the phone one time in 64 calls , told me they had
a power failure (may be they did not pay the bill), today you can not login as there platform is not working with internet explorer any more you need to down load opera which i can not get to work over all my screens.
I have loosed a weeks trading and money with these people will be moving my account next week any one could do better than this.

I'm closing my account asap, these guys really take the p**s, Their charts are not working again! The platform keeps freezing every two mins!

Even though Fatspreads platform may be a pile of poo I think it's a good idea to have accounts with more than one SB Co.

If one SB Co's platform goes down you can always switch to another and hedge a position.

If Fat's are that bad then keep the account open and just use them as a back up. If you place the occasional bet with them that should be enough to stop their sales dept from bugging you on the phone.

dd

Noted the charts I use (FTSE100) were all about 23 minutes behind their own market quotes most of the week. Now I read here we need Opera (whatever that is) to use their platform. Its is only a few months since they upgraded their platform and told me I needed IE7, not my earlier version, to display their charts (in spite of this, they did amend the platform so that earlier IE versions would work).
Are they in trouble and trying to restrict trading?

A lot of old friends concerned about Fins. The alarm bells are beginning to sound and I´ll keep an eye open.

I rarely trade after 1330, and I have not noticed any difference.

Finspreads completes the week with charts behind 1h to 5h all prices 36min behind
answered the phone one time in 64 calls , told me they had
a power failure (may be they did not pay the bill), today you can not login as there platform is not working with internet explorer any more you need to down load opera which i can not get to work over all my screens.
I have loosed a weeks trading and money with these people will be moving my account next week any one could do better than this.

Did you say that you could not log in because you were using Explorer? I closed several trades Friday morning with no problem and I'm still on Explorer.

Don't get it.

Today I cannot get into the site because of work in progress.

Split

Doberman,

Use stops, your friend who 'couldn't close' his position could have also have used stops, even if price is indicative. Go to the order page and put it on the system.

Also, regarding comments from first post in relation to different prices:

Check out abitrage, if you can trade the price then do so, simply go long with one (SB)company and short with another, at some point the prices will merge and you will be automatically in profit, totally risk free trading. This would have gained you the one hundred pips difference between the prices regardless of where the market moved to.

Hi Lee - Totally risk free trading sounds good, but I can't see this . Can you illustrate what you mean?