Do not use Finspreads-detailed reasons why

Can someone do me a favour please and tell me if Savills (march) is closed on fins ???
This is the second time in 2 weeks I have a position and the items closed ? but all others are open ... ???? :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:
Hi Kinger, yes Savills Dec, Jun & Mar are all closed on Finspreads....

Can someone do me a favour please and tell me if Savills (march) is closed on fins ???
This is the second time in 2 weeks I have a position and the items closed ? but all others are open ... ???? :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Does that to me all the time - its a software issue. Log back out and then back in again and its fine.

Steve.

As a former client at finspreads my take on all of this is real simple. Don't even think of using them. If you are still with them slowly experiment with other platforms until you find one you like.

A trader must not pass the blame for his losses no matter how bad the execution from his broker was. He made the decision to trade with bad technology in advance so he must accept all consequences from that decision.

In my opinion if you scalp you have no business using a s.b. firm. If you swing trade or position day trade its viable vehicle. As a professional you will most likely be entering at market generated support and resistance. This is where the real problem lies with finspreads. As a good trader you stalk your trades waiting for these moments. All to often to be mere chance the platform crashes, platform freezes, prices go indicative, your market order (not limit or stop but market) is not processed it just remains in the infamous processing message. There is nothing more irritating than missing your key entry or exit due to a platform technology issue. As a professional you can't chase the market once your price level has been respected and already moved so your stuck with no trade. This has a terrible effect on ones state of mind. I would become extremely angry and would take this negative energy out on my family. Life is simply to short to be effected by such things as rotten execution on a consistent basis.

Bottom line don't use finspreads and if you want to see something interesting watch their rolling euroyen currency pair at support and resistance and you will be amazed how often it goes indicative. Trading currencies is a joke at finspreads. I wonder how many formal complaints have been directed to the FSA regarding finspreads? I would wager more than any other company out there.

Hi
I'd heard random stories about different spread betting companies, so in the end I looked into the top ones myself and did a bit of research. It's posted on SpreadBetCheck if you want to look at it too. (free & no spam!). I could take a detailed look at Finspreads too and rate it - save others some time & pain!