Fins Ain't Wot They...

Phil Mibbutz

Experienced member
So Finspreads will soon have a new platform. Let's hope it works better than the old one, which has been doing some strange things. Anyone know if the new site is going to be fully automated, or will there still be real people pressing buttons at the other end to make sure the effective spread is twice as wide?

Phil Mibbutz said:
So Finspreads will soon have a new platform. ...will there still be real people pressing buttons at the other end to make sure the effective spread is twice as wide?[/QUOTE]

If there was a spread on this, i would go long a £1000 a point :LOL:

Finspreads has a new platform? I am sure it will work better than the last one Phil.

I had an email about a fortnight ago saying that they would be changing their platform to a flash based one (they currently use java). Last week their customer services person told me that it wouldn't be happening for a few weeks.

Problems with Java aswell for sure. I take it you will have to download a fins tab onto your desktop.
Java based platforms tend to be more reliable are they not. I wish fins all the best with their new platform as i worked with them for 4 years. I remember when the platform first went up we had massive problems, i suppose they needed to re-new the platform at some point. As for dealer vetting, SB firms will always have some kind of dealer vetting, it is silly to think you can get a run through bid/offer to all markets.

But Marvin, Fin say that the price you see is the price you get. Personally I have been 'knocked back' (their term for not filling me on a trade) dozens of times!!!

Sometimes and not always you will feel they are knocking you back, but to be honest with you all spread betting firms are desperate in most cases for your business. I suppose it is a case that systems creak and crack and perhaps you have experienced this on more than one occassion. To be honest it would make me nervous if i had any trade on and i could not close it out. The more SB's defend themselves and nothing is done to remedy the situation the more we will draw traders like yourself away. I apologise if you have had bad experiences and i hope things improve for you.

Regards
Marvin

MarvinS said:
Sometimes and not always you will feel they are knocking you back, but to be honest with you all spread betting firms are desperate in most cases for your business. I suppose it is a case that systems creak and crack and perhaps you have experienced this on more than one occassion. To be honest it would make me nervous if i had any trade on and i could not close it out. The more SB's defend themselves and nothing is done to remedy the situation the more we will draw traders like yourself away. I apologise if you have had bad experiences and i hope things improve for you.

Regards
Marvin

No need to apologise Marvin, you don't still work for Finspreads do you?

I have the fortunate pleasure of working for another Spread betting company!
But i have recently set up my own personal Blog site for Spread betting questions and enquiries. Please view below: titled answer to spread betting gripes,
http://spreadbetbetter.blogspot.com/

The only reason I stuck with Fins over the years is that they are the cheapest at 50p a point.
It has always taken 3+ minutes just to get through to the secure pages. Woefully slow. Sometimes 20+.
Perhaps the little guys get shunted down the queue ?

Loyalty to your broker nice one Pat!
One thing you learn is that the brokers are never loyal to you, however much they say they are....
Visaria i currently work for worldspreads.com and write on the moneyam report.

MarvinS said:
Loyalty to your broker nice one Pat!
One thing you learn is that the brokers are never loyal to you, however much they say they are....
Visaria i currently work for worldspreads.com and write on the moneyam report.

I certainly recall dealing on the phone with a Marvin with finspreads some years ago - you I suppose?

I see that Worldspreads is headed by ex -finspread people. Is your company connected at all business wise with Finspreads?

Visaria - some years ago! You make me feel old....
WorldSpreads is headed up by Kevin Taylor ex CEO of Finspreads and the head of desk is ex head of binary bets from City Index or the binexx exchange. One of our directors is Lindsay Mcneil a director of Sporting Index of past. To be honest its a great team and it really works so far....

MarvinS said:
Visaria - some years ago! You make me feel old....
WorldSpreads is headed up by Kevin Taylor ex CEO of Finspreads and the head of desk is ex head of binary bets from City Index or the binexx exchange. One of our directors is Lindsay Mcneil a director of Sporting Index of past. To be honest its a great team and it really works so far....

Good to hear that, Marvin. I hope you can soon beat CMC in terms of spread. If you can boast having the tightest spread and the best online trading platform, people will flock to you.

Later,

Hung

Going back to the point of the thread Finspreads have a new trading platform and are going 24/7. Every trader that i speak too wants something extra and we would all love to have 0 spreads the best system the best service and all the other trimmings that go with trading. I have been in the industry for 5 years and things have fundamentaly got better across the board, with all companies. In some ways it is like buying a new car but with trading you have the luxury of opening accounts anywhere, the only downside is the pooling of your trading resources.

Nice to converse with you again Marvin (after a few years!). Can I ask you, since there are a few members here that this has happened to, is at what point do Finspreads start closing accounts down?

Seeing double

Am new to Finspreads. Was wondering if anyone actively traded from more than one account with them and, if so, is the process of applying for a second account relatively straightforward?

Have had a look on their website but can't spot any reference to maximum number of accounts allowed.

Why this question? A friend has asked me to trade on their behalf so it would be helpful to have two completely separate accounts for funding purposes etc. but with both held under my name and contact details.

Any advice on this matter would be gratefully received.

Spikey ;)

TheSpikeyCrow said:
Am new to Finspreads. Was wondering if anyone actively traded from more than one account with them and, if so, is the process of applying for a second account relatively straightforward?

Have had a look on their website but can't spot any reference to maximum number of accounts allowed.

Why this question? A friend has asked me to trade on their behalf so it would be helpful to have two completely separate accounts for funding purposes etc. but with both held under my name and contact details.

Any advice on this matter would be gratefully received.

Spikey ;)

I have asked this precise question to them a short while ago.
They said you cant have multiple accounts, and segregate monies.
( I wanted to separate a "live" trading account from a smaller "system test" account where I could mess about with new ideas with real money. )
They said NO.

I am sure I read somewhere( may have been CMC ) that the other person can open their own account and give you written permission to access and trade their account for them.