ffsear trading journal.

These stats are really useful. Dont take this wrong but your win loss is 52.33% virtually a coin toss, your average loss is greater than your average gain but your still up on the week.
It shows you dont need a huge edge in these markets.
Any week that ends in a profit is a good week. (y)

Cheers. Yes 'pro real time' has some really good features.

Chart for next week, GBP/USD running into traffic so will look for shorts.. Should imagine the Tory leadership race to be heated up by the media so may see GBP come under pressure.

Will look at other GBP pairs to see if they offer a better opportunity.

Earnings season.... First of the big banks is a beat..

• Citigroup beat analysts’ expectations for profit and revenue on gains from the initial public offering of electronic bond trading platform Tradeweb.
  • The bank posted $1.95 per share in second-quarter profit compared with the $1.80 estimate of analysts surveyed by Refinitiv. Without the gains from the IPO, the bank would have posted $1.83 per share in profit.
  • Revenue came in at $18.76 billion, exceeding the $18.5 billion estimate, thanks to a $350 million pretax gain on the Tradeweb IPO.

Conflicting views on Dax today, Draghi et al talking it up promising Jam tomorrow like he has done for the last 8 years, vs S&P topping out as good economic data reduces likelyhood of rate cut(s).
Got to go with dax following s&p down though.

Conflicting views on Dax today, Draghi et al talking it up promising Jam tomorrow like he has done for the last 8 years, vs S&P topping out as good economic data reduces likelyhood of rate cut(s).
Got to go with dax following s&p down though.
Interesting...I'm just about to ditch my Cac longs at what I hope is more or less the top for today.......

BTW ff: nice journal :)

today..... MEh!!! Not easy on the index at the moment.. Great data out the US yet rate cuts incoming?? Now looks like the fed will cut before the ecb... didnt see that coming.

Will worry about it on monday

Last edited:
Weekly EUR/USD.. A lot of room if it breaks lower.. Could the FED surprise us next week?

slept in until 10... Missed everything basically! Mega move on the DAX! No more week night drinking!