ffsear trading journal.

Not much science this morning.. 1 hr show Dax in a clear up trend. Went long 612 pre market with a 25 stop seemed logical. Looking for a new daily high.

Attachments

• chart1.jpg
    chart1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 289
  • tickck.jpg
    tickck.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 242
Morning..

Dax seems to have broken its up trend on the 1hr and is making Lower highs and lows. Used a 3m chart to trade the pull back and went in early before market open with a small size sell just as a test. Managed to yield 90 points.[[

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Cable, will sell if price breaks and hold below the 1.5459 mark. and watch price if it hits 1.5425

Attachments

• ticket.jpg
    ticket.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 269
Pretty simple on the dax today.

Although I only made 45 points when i could have made 300. But +45 will do just fine for today.!

Attachments

• chaert.jpg
    chaert.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 283
Those of you who have never dived into a 3m chart, give it a try. Its my favorite of all the time frames.

Attachments

• chaertf.jpg
    chaertf.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 267
Hi, not a lot different to any other timeframe to my eye. What do you feel the 3m offers that others don't?

Less noise, more reliable price action (for a short time frame).

Highs and lows are the only universal information across all time frames. Apart from that, each one can paint a different picture.

A breakout on a 1 minute chart can be a rejection of the same level on a 5m

Last edited:
Looking at the daily chart, yesterdays low bounced right of the July and October highs. Where do we go from here? Perhaps a correction to 655, then more downside? Lower time frames look bullish so I think i'll be looking for buys today. If anything.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 340
Less noise, more reliable price action (for a short time frame).

Highs and lows are the only universal information across all time frames. Apart from that, each one can paint a different picture.

A breakout on a 1 minute chart can be a rejection of the same level on a 5m

That is an interesting perspective. I've only ever tended to use the regular periods, 1m, 5m for timing and 1H and 4H for context. I've tried your 3m across all the pairs I trade and unless I just happen to have hit a sweet spot, they do seem to bridge an important gap. Thanks for the tip.

I use the traditional ones too, daily, 1hr, etc. Just 3min for entries

Morning.

Was expecting some early buying this morning after the recent sell offs. Market found some support at 9750(ish). So took a buy at 9770 and closed at 9829.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 330
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 269
LOL...

Well, almost 4 years since my last post.. I'm still in the game, but now i trade full time for a living. I've only being doing it since February this year, but its gone well so far..

Why open this thread again.. ? Well if anything, its just for me, as a journal. Feel free to get involved...

I'll explain more at 6am Monday morning ready for the open!

Last edited:
So goals for the upcoming week are... (this will mostly be the same every week but you need to constantly remind yourself..!)

p.s.. Please ignore all my posts prior to this one on this thread, that was 4ish years ago. But its nice for me to come back and read them for the LOLZ)

anyway... GOALS this up coming week.....

1. Do not lose more than 1.5% on any one trade (1% +.5 for slippage/minor sizing errors)... If i do, this week is a failure, even if i have a +p/l
  2. Going to target profit of 5% this week..
  3. Thats it...

Sounds easy right? Lets see...

This is how my account looks now....

I will explain the positions I already have open later..But for the sake of this weeks targets... I am trading with £10k of what i have available.... So Max risk per trade is £100-£150

Weekly target is is between £500 to £750....