ffsear trading journal.

Short dax at 12,451.8 for 30 points overnight.
Just sitting there doing nothing. Closed for +0.5.
Opened at 51.8 closed at 51.3.
I'll be trading the dow so I'll catch you for the pm session.

DON'T TRADE ANY ASSET THAT HAS LESS THEN 6 ATR ON THE ONE MIN CHART (DOUPLE ATR AFTER EVERY SPREAD MORE THAN 1)

I'm a day trader, i dont trade off the 1m chart, but i do take my ATR readings off the 1 min chart. If atr is less then 6 they i wont trade. 5 points is probably the minimum I will take on a trade, so if the 1m ATR = less than 6, i wont trade at all. Just not enough volatility! - Tis why i don't day trade FX

The mists are clearing....but that bit about "(DOUPLE ATR AFTER EVERY SPREAD MORE THAN 1)"....eh?

.... on that kind of volatility, how long are you in an average trade? and how many periods to calculate ATR??

I trade mostly using an ATR dashboard (see attached) where you'll see that the indices atr has to be divided by 10......so a long way from your threshold. What am I missing? Screenshot (1384).png

The mists are clearing....but that bit about "(DOUPLE ATR AFTER EVERY SPREAD MORE THAN 1)"....eh?

.... on that kind of volatility, how long are you in an average trade? and how many periods to calculate ATR??

I trade mostly using an ATR dashboard (see attached) where you'll see that the indices atr has to be divided by 10......so a long way from your threshold. What am I missing?View attachment 264714

So for me, only the USTEC and Dax would be in play.. - I'm in trades a matter of minutes (for DAX and DOW).. ATR is 14. I will trade FX sometimes, but i prefer to use options so that's more of a long term view.

Totally agree with using the options for forex - IV at rock bottom levels, options are cheap, give yourself plenty of time, just need any type of pop (for whatever reason), IV rockets and you say muchas gracias.

All about having the tools available for the environment. Nice thread BTW!

AUD/USD - a losing trade today... Went shot on the highlighted pin, never broke lower but jumped the gun..... Classic mistake.. Interested to see if anyone else traded AUD/USD today? What did you do and why?

AUD/USD - a losing trade today... Went shot on the highlighted pin, never broke lower but jumped the gun..... Classic mistake.. Interested to see if anyone else traded AUD/USD today? What did you do and why?

Didn't trade it yesterday but very happy to share how I was looking at it?

A great morning undone by a colossal error..

Went to buy 4 September GBP/USD 1.2400 puts .. When i checked my account 10 mins later turns out i bought 74!!! Had to take the hit! £791! Ouch.

done for the week.

These stats are really useful. Dont take this wrong but your win loss is 52.33% virtually a coin toss, your average loss is greater than your average gain but your still up on the week.
It shows you dont need a huge edge in these markets.
Any week that ends in a profit is a good week. (y)