Exposed Scammers

Vasco da Banana

Established member
In the light of recent events in the now terminated 'Not Even Semi-Serious' thread, perhaps those who believe DAX30 was a serial scammer could say what names he/she has used previously?

In the light of recent events in the now terminated 'Not Even Semi-Serious' thread, perhaps those who believe DAX30 was a serial scammer could say what names he/she has used previously?

No you've misunderstood completely, nobody was saying he was Davie Robertson, what they were saying was that he was following the same script and therefore should have been treated with suspicion. At one point somebody posted links to Davie Robertson's threads where he was exposed on babypips. I said that he had done the same thing here under at least two different names, one of them as a woman.

If you were able to see any of those threads you'd see some striking similarities to Dax30's approach. You can't though because they were deleted.

...including where he went a bit crazy when the first awkward questions started to be asked.

No you've misunderstood completely, nobody was saying he was Davie Robertson, what they were saying was that he was following the same script and therefore should have been treated with suspicion. At one point somebody posted links to Davie Robertson's threads where he was exposed on babypips. I said that he had done the same thing here under at least two different names, one of them as a woman.

If you were able to see any of those threads you'd see some striking similarities to Dax30's approach. You can't though because they were deleted.

Ah, I see. Thanks pb.

The pattern that I've seen is:

-Usually gives a real name that's fairly generic, occasionally a photo too

-Some stories that must have the key points of generating sympathy for the person, and that you can succeed after failing lots of times.

-Makes some statements about how they trade

-Hindsight calls

-The actual trades are often inconsistent with what they said earlier, either in terms of instrument traded, methodology or even number of trades, and some holes start to appear

-Rarely a loser, or if there is it's a small one

-If evidence is provided, it's incomplete, and altogether various things don't stack up, such as amazing success rates and making piles of money, yet still trading £5 per point for example. If you do the math and calculate the expectancy and the amount being risked you immediately see something is 'off'.

-Some start to question what's going on

-Toys are immediately thrown out of pram, all kinds of protestations about how genuine they are and wanted to help people and shouldn't have to put up with this and that, and thread is shut down to preserve the successful track record etc.

Not that everyone who conforms to this must be a scammer or that Dax30 was a scammer, but that's the MO of Dave Robertson and some other scammers (or perhaps they're all him).

In the end it shouldn't really matter. You should take what was posted and verify if it's true for yourself, and then you will know. If DAX30 posted some things that helped your trading, then that's all that matters.

Last edited:
My belief in the goodness of human nature borders on the naive. I will accept anyone with an interesting argument. I'm not, completely dumb, of course, and there is a limit to how much I am prepared to accept but seeing a poster torn to pieces has always disconcerted me. I have been proved wrong many times by many veteran posters. In short, I am the last to believe badly of anyone. What does disappoint me, though, is to see a slanging match between OP and others. That convinces me because the vocabulary, usually, does neither side any credit, at all.

Shakone's post hits the nail on the head.

The pattern that I've seen is:

-Usually gives a real name that's fairly generic, occasionally a photo too

-Some stories that must have the key points of generating sympathy for the person, and that you can succeed after failing lots of times.

-Makes some statements about how they trade

-Hindsight calls

-The actual trades are often inconsistent with what they said earlier, either in terms of instrument traded, methodology or even number of trades, and some holes start to appear

-Rarely a loser, or if there is it's a small one

-If evidence is provided, it's incomplete, and altogether various things don't stack up, such as amazing success rates and making piles of money, yet still trading £5 per point for example. If you do the math and calculate the expectancy and the amount being risked you immediately see something is 'off'.

-Some start to question what's going on

-Toys are immediately thrown out of pram, all kinds of protestations about how genuine they are and wanted to help people and shouldn't have to put up with this and that, and thread is shut down to preserve the successful track record etc.

Not that everyone who conforms to this must be a scammer or that Dax30 was a scammer, but that's the MO of Dave Robertson and some other scammers (or perhaps they're all him).

In the end it shouldn't really matter. You should take what was posted and verify if it's true for yourself, and then you will know. If DAX30 posted some things that helped your trading, then that's all that matters.

Yes exactly. I'm not suggesting he is Robertson and I'm not saying he's a scammer, it's just that in every previous instance where this pattern has been seen it has ended up being a scam and therefore these sort of threads should be treated with suspicion. What shouldn't happen is that the awkward questions get deleted and people banned for asking them, both of which happened this time and on previous occasions where Davie was involved.

As far as suspected scammers are concerned innocent till proved guilty. One thing I did like about his posts was that he traded momentum and that gives you a high% age success rate provided you exit quickly if it turns against you. That produces smaller and fewer losers~ something that most people find hard to believe.

It also means you exit a trade too early sometimes, but it does suit many people who actually position manage that way. Better to leave money on the table sometimes than to lose it, imho

Even if he was a scammer, he said plenty of things that were actually useful for trading.

The most obvious inconsistencies I remember were that early on he said he only made than two or three trades a day. As things progressed he seemed to be making more trades of shorter duration, yet even when he was doing something that could be classed as scalping in SB terms, and (apparently) making good profits, he didn't seem to be having any slippage or delay issues with City Index, even after a couple of years making £100k.

I also think you should be banned for abusive language regardless of whether you are provoked or over reacting

Even if he was a scammer, he said plenty of things that were actually useful for trading.

The most obvious inconsistencies I remember were that early on he said he only made than two or three trades a day. As things progressed he seemed to be making more trades of shorter duration, yet even when he was doing something that could be classed as scalping in SB terms, and (apparently) making good profits, he didn't seem to be having any slippage or delay issues with City Index, even after a couple of years making £100k.[/QUOT

I have seen plenty of people who are successful and instead of sticking to what works, start over trading and end up getting over confident and losing all their gains.

Surely you're not trying to tell us these Nigerian Princes are fake? I'm totally devastated.

Yes I'm afraid so, from now on you should only send money to Nigerian Generals or BARRISTER JOHN. Also I've got bad news on those 'enlargement' pills you've been buying.