Exposed Scammers

My belief in the goodness of human nature borders on the naive. I will accept anyone with an interesting argument. I'm not, completely dumb, of course, and there is a limit to how much I am prepared to accept but seeing a poster torn to pieces has always disconcerted me. I have been proved wrong many times by many veteran posters. In short, I am the last to believe badly of anyone. What does disappoint me, though, is to see a slanging match between OP and others. That convinces me because the vocabulary, usually, does neither side any credit, at all.

Shakone's post hits the nail on the head.

You beautiful, beautiful man! This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.

could somebody please update me on daxdaytrader yesterday the thread was back up and running and now its gone. I was in the sceptic camp and was surprised that he wasn't getting more flak I thought it would end like this but I feel like ive read most of a book and the last couple of pages are missing.

now read no surprises there then. still he wont be bothered the amount he makes per week lol

The pattern that I've seen is:

Nice, nice - I didn't want to weigh in on that thread because I saw some posters take a liking to the DAX guy who I think are decent people.

I just pm'ed a variant of the following, which summed up my feelings on it:

I had a sense of unease reading that thread, something was off and I couldn't really pinpoint it aside from the dodgy English and occasional churlishness. Some of his comments in other threads were also amateurish for someone who had been in the game 10 years. For me, the kicker was the statement that trades are directly managed to either produce a relatively good gain or a tiny loss, on the dax of all things. I believe it was claimed that his 8pt stop was never hit because he'd manage the trade actively. This is nonsense IMO. Managing trades this well on the DAX on this level of intra day movement is the realm of HFTs, it sure as hell isn't the realm of a spread better where you can see a 10 pt move in a single Java-based tick due to the quality of the feed.

Manual trade management day after day such as that proclaimed just isn't feasible. I would go so far as to say it is impossible.

I smell an odd form of BS, not sure what the point was. Maybe just a very extreme manifestation of a Walter Mitty attitude.

I could be wrong of course. First time for everything :whistle:whistling. If I am then I suggest Mr Dax take his trading record to Pantheon and get his primary seed money rather than playing with change.

Yes I'm afraid so, from now on you should only send money to Nigerian Generals or BARRISTER JOHN. Also I've got bad news on those 'enlargement' pills you've been buying.

You're right about those 'enlargement' pills. Only the first half dozen worked, so I sent the rest straight back.

You're right about those 'enlargement' pills. Only the first half dozen worked, so I sent the rest straight back.

I'm sorry to hear that, your Ukrainian Bride must be disappointed, or is she still waiting for the visa? I heard the charges increased lately, have you sent the extra cash yet?

I'm sorry to hear that, your Ukrainian Bride must be disappointed, or is she still waiting for the visa? I heard the charges increased lately, have you sent the extra cash yet?

She was already disappointed when she found out I only made £3k a week spreadbetting the DAX.

Nice, nice - I didn't want to weigh in on that thread because I saw some posters take a liking to the DAX guy who I think are decent people.

I just pm'ed a variant of the following, which summed up my feelings on it:

I had a sense of unease reading that thread, something was off and I couldn't really pinpoint it aside from the dodgy English and occasional churlishness. Some of his comments in other threads were also amateurish for someone who had been in the game 10 years. For me, the kicker was the statement that trades are directly managed to either produce a relatively good gain or a tiny loss, on the dax of all things. I believe it was claimed that his 8pt stop was never hit because he'd manage the trade actively. This is nonsense IMO. Managing trades this well on the DAX on this level of intra day movement is the realm of HFTs, it sure as hell isn't the realm of a spread better where you can see a 10 pt move in a single Java-based tick due to the quality of the feed.

Manual trade management day after day such as that proclaimed just isn't feasible. I would go so far as to say it is impossible.

I smell an odd form of BS, not sure what the point was. Maybe just a very extreme manifestation of a Walter Mitty attitude.

I could be wrong of course. First time for everything :whistle:whistling. If I am then I suggest Mr Dax take his trading record to Pantheon and get his primary seed money rather than playing with change.

Although I remember he said he never let his stop be hit, I don't think he said it was 8pt. Wasn't it 20, as an insurance against platform crash? That's what I start with. so I know it's workable.

What! That Dax30 trader man is a scammer?!
I was just settling down to read his thread this morning, and I find he has been exposed.

I am upset, as he seemed quite genuine.
Oh well.

I was just settling down to read his thread this morning, and I find he has been exposed.

Oh well.

Me, too. It does seem to be the general opinion, although unproved.

I did not follow the money he made, which is where most seem to be suspicious.

I was trying to follow the rationale behind his trades. I could not get it but put it down to that famous "edge" that all good traders have. Instinct, basically, and instinct is something that cannot be taught.

Me, too. It does seem to be the general opinion, although unproved.

I did not follow the money he made, which is where most seem to be suspicious.

I was trying to follow the rationale behind his trades. I could not get it but put it down to that famous "edge" that all good traders have. Instinct, basically, and instinct is something that cannot be taught.

Yep, me too.
I was following his posts, every couple of days, and decided to read the thread comprehensively, and to see the patterns, to find a consistent behaviour to his trades.
Scammers usually start veering from one explanation to a trade to another.
I also wanted to see if the posted trades were "timely".
I did pick up on hardly any losses, though.

Was going to look more thoroughly today until I came upon this thread.

EDIT: Might still read the thread!

Yep, me too.
I was following his posts, every couple of days, and decided to read the thread comprehensively, and to see the patterns, to find a consistent behaviour to his trades.
Scammers usually start veering from one explanation to a trade to another.
I also wanted to see if the posted trades were "timely".
I did pick up on hardly any losses, though.

Was going to look more thoroughly today until I came upon this thread.

EDIT: Might still read the thread!

One of the points that he was putting across, but that I did not agree with---which does not mean to say that he was wrong--- was that price reverts to the open 80% of the time. Did you agree with that? I found that some days it did not go back, at all, and that, in any case, it was not something that was reliable.

One of the points that he was putting across, but that I did not agree with---which does not mean to say that he was wrong--- was that price reverts to the open 80% of the time. Did you agree with that? I found that some days it did not go back, at all, and that, in any case, it was not something that was reliable.

Those were the kinds of things I would have tested for a 2-3 week period in a random number of months back to see if the idea held true.
Might be worth looking at the concept in general.

Turns out dax30 was MR Spreadbet and has now been banned.

How did you find that out?
Edited out possible clues as to how he was identified.

Last edited:
Another notch on Pboyles bed-post then! :)
It was kinda obvious, though! (especially if you've been around trading forums for as long as me!)

Turns out dax30 was MR Spreadbet and has now been banned.

Well that's good news, i feel vindicated now, it's just a pity others got taken in by him (not that that was my agenda, they were genuine questions) and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

PS who is Mr spreadbet?

As you can guess i don't bother with forums much or take note or advice off other traders.

Last edited:

Oh well.

Not necessarily. He just followed the pattern. Which is why I can understand those who questioned him. And also understand him being irritated if he was genuine. But I can't understand those who throw their toys out of the pram over a few questions and doubts. You either want to help people and provide good content or not. You shouldn't be influenced by a few naysayers. I don't really buy this attitude that he was forced out. He posted what he wanted, he left when he wanted, as he's entitled to do.

If you're successful, you already know that you're in a tiny minority, that you're doing things that people won't believe is possible, that the man on the street believes is pure gambling and impossible to win by anything other than luck. So you should expect these sort of questions and doubts and laugh it off. Losers venting their frustrations. Then again, not everyone sees it the same way. But I'd expect a professional to handle it professionally, and he didn't.

I don't think it's right to say he's been exposed as a scammer when there's no evidence of him doing that to anyone here.

EDIT: Have just seen ffsear's post. Note to self: finish reading the bleeding thread before replying.